gentlemanquartely

1st piece to puzzle resolved...D Wright

I hate seeing Dwright leave

1 minute ago, lions said:

I hate seeing Dwright leave

Me too, special for this type of money and for a team we will play a lot. Doesn't make sense at all. I can see Delon/Curry coming of the bench and killing us soon.

I don't like it at all. Delon/Bradley backcourt of the bench would be huge for us going forward, not only they waived Bradley now they S&T Delon. FO lost those 2 deals.

True a lot of untested scoring & if you don't have go to scoring in this league, you lose.

I used to be the biggest entertainment on the board.:(

I think the grizzlies wasn't going to match that deal so they decided to get something out of it instead of letting Dallas sign him to a poison pill contract. 

I've been happy with the front office up to this point but I don't like losing Delon. 29M may have been a little steep but not really when you consider he's a capable starter and you're not looking to have to extend some other key guys for another 3 years. So what's the risk?

I'm having a little trouble in understanding the vision that his front office has right now. Besides accumulating picks, what type of team do they want to build?

11 minutes ago, jerod1986 said:

I don't like it at all. Delon/Bradley backcourt of the bench would be huge for us going forward, not only they waived Bradley now they S&T Delon. FO lost those 2 deals.

True a lot of untested scoring & if you don't have go to scoring in this league, you lose.

Winning isn’t the goal next year 

3 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

How could we not match that contract???

It's not worth it for a back up pg when you are rebuilding and not looking for as many wins as possible, Melton started games at point last year Kyle is an NBA vet at this point and has played pg all his life. And now the team has a tone of space to absorb part of a contract in a trade that could help solidify the depth chart. It's obvious they aren't done making moves. 

They are doing a hell of a job collecting assets though.

Maybe he told Memphis that he rather go to Dallas to start there. I dont think they really wanted a guy that didnt want to be here.Maybe they were thinking about that contract, and him saying that made their mind up for them.

3 minutes ago, Allen said:

The people questioning this move are concerned about winning over developing. I think the team is concerned about developing over winning right now.

5 minutes ago, Allen said:

So we better lose most than anybody, because the only way safe to keep the pick next year is being top 1 or 2, or we might give Celtics a top 10 pick.

FO is building up a war chest of picks and young players with potential. We're finally going to be able to trade for an all-star level player when Ja/Jaren are ready to compete.

1 minute ago, Ndq0327 said:

The people questioning this move are concerned about winning over developing. I think the team is concerned about developing over winning right now.

No Im concerned about devoloping the right way, going full time young with no vets kill your team sucess. Look the Suns. 

Just now, ItIsWhatItIs said:

FO is building up a war chest of picks and young players with potential. We're finally going to be able to trade for an all-star level player when Ja/Jaren are ready to compete.

I hope you are right, but getting two 2nds instead of Delon doesnt prove your point or go against it. It was a lateral move, it was a money move.

9 minutes ago, Allen said:

Winning should always be a goal. Winning and developing young players don't have to be mutually exclusive.

2 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

So we better lose most than anybody, because the only way safe to keep the pick next year is being top 1 or 2, or we might give Celtics a top 10 pick.

Huh? The pick is top 6 protected

oh the drama lol

4 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

We’re just collecting picks and developing young talent right now. Guys like Wright, Miles and Bradley are no help right now

2 minutes ago, grizz1016 said:

Huh? The pick is top 6 protected

oh the drama lol

I think Ja_Rules is referring to the unlikely possibility that 4 teams could jump ahead of you in the lottery to be pushed beyond 6.

54 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

I dont like it at all. Delon/Bradley backcourt of the bench would be huge for us going forward, not only they waived Bradley now they S&T Delon. FO lost those 2 deals.

Huge for us to do what? Compete with the Warriors, Rockets, Lakers, and Clippers the next 2 seasons?

That ain't happening.

Just now, acarina said:

I think Ja_Rules is referring to the unlikely possibility that 4 teams could jump ahead of you in the lottery to be pushed beyond 6.

Ehh he worries too much.

Celts are most likely getting a lottery pick regardless either next year or the year after.

8 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

I hope you are right, but getting two 2nds instead of Delon doesnt prove your point or go against it. It was a lateral move, it was a money move.

Cap space is an asset. Watch what we can do with 10 million more of space to facilitate a deal this offseason. It's going to net us something