Sign in to follow this  
The REF

Who Makes an All Star Appearance First?

15 hours ago, The REF said:

The Grizzlies new franchise PG in Ja Morant aka "Ja Buckets" or Memphis former PG Mike Conley?

It'll be nice to watch Ja Buckets develop in Memphis similiar to how MC11 did.

Just depends on how far the Jazz get next year. If they start out red hot and ae a top 3 team by the beginning of the year, I could see him being selected to the bench but I doubt fans would vote him in as a starter. 

9 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Did y'all forget we are memphis? 

the grizzlies won't get an allstar until they are playoff contenders, which is about 5 years down the road. By then there won't be an allstar game.

Five years before the Grizzlies are playoff contenders? No All-Star game within five years?

Someone better check to make sure KBM is on his meds.  

24 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Five years before the Grizzlies are playoff contenders? No All-Star game within five years?

Someone better check to make sure KBM is on his meds.  

5 years? Thats like 6 coaching changes! 

Mike (this year)

JJJ (next year or two)

Ja ... not convinced yet.  Grading him based on highlight films is as crazy as grading ZBo for dominating kids at water-basketball.

11 hours ago, pjs said:

Mike (this year)

JJJ (next year or two)

Ja ... not convinced yet.  Grading him based on highlight films is as crazy as grading ZBo for dominating kids at water-basketball.

I could see Ja getting in before Jaren. Ja has more highlights and Jaren is more of an advanced stats guy.  Although I can see BOTH getting in before Conley. 

If it comes down to getting voted in by the fans I can see Ja getting voted in one of these days.  

On 6/25/2019 at 3:49 PM, The REF said:

The Grizzlies new franchise PG in Ja Morant aka "Ja Buckets" or Memphis former PG Mike Conley?

It'd be even nicer to see him do it in like 5 fewer seasons...and he just might.

11 hours ago, pjs said:

Mike (this year)

JJJ (next year or two)

JJJ won't get in any time soon: Anthony Davis, KD, Zion Williamson, Draymond, Joker, Paul George, Lamarcus. Not only that, but the nba is doing away with the allstar game, not sure why you guys are worried about this meanless game that means nothing that nobody watches anyway.

A better question is will the grizzlies actually get a christmas day game any time soon.

2 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

this meanless game that means nothing

I am too lazy to check / confirm but aren't some bonuses awarded if a player makes All-Star and All-NBA teams? 

No snark ... really thought there was

3 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

I am too lazy to check / confirm but aren't some bonuses awarded if a player makes All-Star and All-NBA teams? 

No snark ... really thought there was

I never said anything about all-nba teams, they are important, but they do need to be expanded and yes of course there are financial gains for it. IF YOU ARE A SUPERSTAR, OF COURSE. The allstar game is going away because it is meaningless and that's why silver wants it gone. Maybe you could search the internet and find where he said this on multiple occasions. That's all he talks about.

1 minute ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I never said anything about all-nba teams, they are important, but they do need to be expanded and yes of course there are financial gains for it. IF YOU ARE A SUPERSTAR, OF COURSE. The allstar game is going away because it is meaningless and that's why silver wants it gone. Maybe you could search the internet and find where he said this on multiple occasions. That's all he talks about.

Then Adam Silver is a moron.

Just now, Kevin B Moses said:

I never said anything about all-nba teams, they are important, but they do need to be expanded and yes of course there are financial gains for it. The allstar game is going away because it is meaningless and that's why silver wants it gone. Maybe you could search the internet and find where he said this on multiple occasions. That's all he talks about.

I think if MC were a regular All-Star you would be complaining about them dropping it.  I haven't cared for or watched the All-Star game in 15-20 years, I think.  It's just a farce.

Now how long you gonna be in mourning over the Conley trade?  Most of us loved Mike on the Grizzlies, but ya gotta move on, Kev, time doesn't stand still.

10 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

I think if MC were a regular All-Star you would be complaining about them dropping it.  I haven't cared for or watched the All-Star game in 15-20 years, I think.  It's just a farce.

Now how long you gonna be in mourning over the Conley trade?  Most of us loved Mike on the Grizzlies, but ya gotta move on, Kev, time doesn't stand still.

Not really. I haven't watched the allstar game in over 20 years at least. I never watched marc play, zbo play in it. I just don't care for it, but it is a joke.

13 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Is Adam Silver gonna replace the dunk contest with a layup contest?

No: with an in-season tournament. How do you not know this?

13 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Not really. I haven't watched the allstar game in over 20 years at least. I never watched marc play, zbo play in it. I just don't care for it, but it is a joke.

I agree for the most part, I watched the player intro, but none of these guys were all star game type guys. Morant and JJJ if selected might be more fun to see in it. I could care less if one of our guys aren't in it.

On 6/25/2019 at 2:49 PM, The REF said:

Conley...the Utah fans will probably vote him in. 

22 hours ago, Jetfixer said:

I agree for the most part, I watched the player intro, but none of these guys were all star game type guys. Morant and JJJ if selected might be more fun to see in it. I could care less if one of our guys aren't in it.

I prefer the Grizzlies not play in the All-Star game. I'd rather they rested up for the final push of the season. 

NBA will try hard for Morant to be in dunk Contest.

I for one don't want him to go it's just useless.

On 6/28/2019 at 9:27 AM, chipc3 said:

I prefer the Grizzlies not play in the All-Star game. I'd rather they rested up for the final push of the season. 

What I meant was, if no Grizzlies made it, I could care less about it. I would like to see them get to go.

I actually think Morant will make it before MC11. 

I am pretty bullish on the potential of Ja though. 

As far as Mike is concerned I think Utah has a fairly high chance of actually reaching the Finals as of today - i.e. no big free agency additions to LA teams, but even in a best case scenario he is going to be the 2nd star guard on the Jazz. Mitchell is going to represent them in the AS game. If Utah gets a 2nd player it would most likely be a big - Gorbert.

Vegas doesn't think the Grizz will be good this year but I could see the Grizz being back to a 40+ win team by '21-'22 with Ja getting an AS nod. By then some AS guards out West will be aging out (Dame, McCullom, Steph, Klay, Paul, etc.). 

Sorry Mike! 

On 6/25/2019 at 12:49 PM, The REF said:

No question, Ja.

He'll be in the rookie game this season.  😁