3. JAE CROWDER- 30 MPG 12 PPG 5 RPG 1 APG

4. JJJ- 34 MPG-  18 PPG 8.0 RPG 2 ASG

5. JV-  32 MPG 16PPG 11RPG

6. DELON 11PPG 5ASG 5RPG

7. CJ MILES- 8.5 PPG

8. DILLON/GRAYSON- 8.5 PPG

9. BRUNO- 8 PPG

10. KYLE ANDERSON- 8.0 PPG

Since the overall feel around here seems to be that this team has NO shot at the playoffs next year, which I find to be crazy thinking, here’s a look at what our starting 5 could POTENTIALLY be next year if these 10 guys all return. We all know this could change but just for kicks and giggles, here it is. Now, the question is, does anybody think that these numbers for these players are outrageous or unattainable? I called myself going with the low end for all these players or what I think they will produce minimally next year. These numbers,  are on par with career averages for all these guys minus Ja and JJJ of course. That’s a combined 119 ppg. Now, we know the grizz probably aint average that, but if guys can come close to that every night, then you see my point.  With this new up tempo style, I don’t see it being to off that guys can come close to these numbers.

Grayson and Dillon aren’t both expected to average 8.5. whomever wins the back up 2 guard spot should be able to produce at leat 8 ppg off the bench.  What yall think?

I love your optimism, but would like to point out that the Clippers led the NBA last year at 114.7 and the Warriors only averaged 114.1.  If we play at a pace fast enough to generate 119 pts per game, we will certainly have a difficult time holding most teams under 120+.

Dillon is one of their main young guys y'all need to let this playoff dream go. The team didn't rebuild over night with two 19yr olds. The team is either going to be as good as last year or a little worse they aren't making the playoffs

I like the optimism, if you think the team can score 119 and make the playoffs you should find a bookmaker and make some serious money. 

3 minutes ago, UkGrizz said:

I like the optimism, if you think the team can score 119 and make the playoffs you should find a bookmaker and make some serious money. 

I clearly said that I don't expect them to average 119 lol but they could def score 100 a night and it not be unbearable to watch.. are those numbers outlandish tho? most would think they are not.

4 minutes ago, First Team All Memphis said:

I clearly said that I don't expect them to average 119 lol but they could def score 100 a night and it not be unbearable to watch.. are those numbers outlandish tho? most would think they are not.

I agree that the team could score 100 points a night and not be unbearable to watch. That doesn't mean that scoring 100 points a night will reach the playoffs. 

And yes most of your numbers are outlandish. 

5 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I agree that the team could score 100 points a night and not be unbearable to watch. That doesn't mean that scoring 100 points a night will reach the playoffs. 

And yes most of your numbers are outlandish. 

how are they outlandish? please explain to me cause as I said, they are literally career averages for just about every guy not named ja or jjj.. Those guys LITERALLY averaged those same numbers last year minus JA and JJJ

11 minutes ago, First Team All Memphis said:

how are they outlandish? please explain to me cause as I said, they are literally career averages for just about every guy not named ja or jjj

How many teams average over 40 PPG off the bench? You have the Grizzlies bench players averaging 52.5 PPG and that isn't the entire roster. How are all these players supposed to average 8+ points a game when they only play about 15-18 minutes each since you have the starters playing 30-33 MPG. You have the team with 6 players averaging double digits and five more who average at least 8 PPG. 

That is outlandish production. By outlandish I mean out of the ordinary or bizarre by the way. 

The Grizzlies will finish closer to last in the West than to 8th.

Things may have opened up near the top of the West, but all those playoff teams should still be competing for the playoffs + the Lakers.

Even 2nd year Durant and rookie Westbrook only won 23 games.

JV is a beast.  I think JV and Jaren is gonna be a good combo.  Heck, JV and Bruno was a great combo.  Delon came on strong late.  He averaged 12-5-5 last year.  I think if he gives us that this season then we will be in good shape.  Ideal guard to pair with Ja if Delon can knock down some catch and shoot 3's.

The West is deep but wide-open and fairly mediocre after the first few teams with no true dynasty type team at the top.  12 West teams probably win between 35 and 45 games next season.  If we are in the mix of that kind of playoff race it is gonna be a super fun season, if we get in or not.  So, then you either convey a pick in the 10-12 range or move into the top 4. I can live with that!

No, the Grizzlies are not playoff bound in 2019.

From February 12th until the end of the season (Feb. 12th being the first game both JV and Avery Bradley played), the team was 10-15 for a .400 win rate (32.8 wins extrapolated over an 82-game season). "But they were tanking! And injured!" you say - sure, and a number of teams they played were also tanking and injured. They had some nice wins (against Portland, Utah, Houston and OKC) but also had these duds against non-playoff teams:

https://www.espn.com/nba/game?gameId=401071531
The entire healthy roster played this game...and lost by 12 against a Bulls team that was 14-44 at the time.

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401071558
No JJJ, but everyone else played...and lost against a Cavs team that was 14-46 at the time.

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401071589
Another loss to the Bulls that were 17-45 at the time.

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401071689
JV, Bradley and Conley played...got blown out by Hawks who were 24-45 at the time.

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401071708
Again, JV, Bradley and Conley played against the Wizards (who were 30-40 at the time) in basically a must-win to convey while the Wizards had no incentive to win. Lose.

Now keep in mind, we have no assurance that JV will come back and Conley (a fringe all-star point guard with a decade of experience) is being replaced by a rookie in the hardest position to adjust to in the league. The Pelicans added a bevy of players including Zion, the Mavs will presumably have Porzingis, the Lakers added Anthony Davis and the Kings have another year of growth for THEIR own core players...and that's not even mentioning the 8 teams from 2018-2019 that actually made the playoffs.

Enjoy the ride and stop deluding yourself with unreasonable expectations. There won't be a playoff game played in Memphis in the spring of 2020.

Just now, ALT GRIND said:

JV is a beast.  I think JV and Jaren is gonna be a good combo.  Heck, JV and Bruno was a great combo.  Delon came on strong late.  He averaged 12-5-5 last year.  I think if he gives us that this season then we will be in good shape.  Ideal guard to pair with Ja if Delon can knock down some catch and shoot 3's.

The West is deep but wide-open and fairly mediocre after the first few teams with no true dynasty type team at the top.  12 West teams probably win between 35 and 45 games next season.  If we are in the mix of that kind of playoff race it is gonna be a super fun season, if we get in or not.  So, then you either convey a pick in the 10-12 range or move into the top 4. I can live with that!

JV and Bruno was a great combo? Wow. Some people are really out of touch here. 

Delon Wright averaged 12.2 PPG in Memphis while playing 30.8 MPG. That number dropped to 6.9 PPG in Toronto in 18.3 MPG. His nunbers were also somewhat inflated here considering Mike Conley and JJJ didn't play with him that much and JV went down in late March. His numbers decrease as more competent scorers surround him. 

You say the West is wide open. So tell us who you see NOT making the playoffs if the Grizzlies are going to make it? San Antonio? Utah? Golden State? Houston? Denver? Portland? OKC? LA Clippers? Someone has to fall out for the Grizzlies to get in. Then the Grizzlies have to pass Sacramento, the Lakers and Minnesota as well. So who do you see falling out? 

46 minutes ago, First Team All Memphis said:
  1. Ja Morant- 33 MPG.  15PPG 7APG 5RPG

2. AB (POTENTIALLY) 33MPG- 14 PPG 4RPG 3APG

6. DELON 11PPG 5ASG 5RPG

7. CJ MILES- 8.5 PPG

9. BRUNO- 8 PPG

Since the overall feel around here seems to be that this team has NO shot at the playoffs next year, which I find to be crazy thinking, here’s a look at what our starting 5 could POTENTIALLY be next year if these 10 guys all return. We all know this could change but just for kicks and giggles, here it is. Now, the question is, does anybody think that these numbers for these players are outrageous or unattainable? I called myself going with the low end for all these players or what I think they will produce minimally next year. These numbers,  are on par with career averages for all these guys minus Ja and JJJ of course. That’s a combined 119 ppg. Now, we know the grizz probably aint average that, but if guys can come close to that every night, then you see my point.  With this new up tempo style, I don’t see it being to off that guys can come close to these numbers.

Grayson and Dillon aren’t both expected to average 8.5. whomever wins the back up 2 guard spot should be able to produce at leat 8 ppg off the bench.  What yall think?

Delusional

Which teams in the west have gotten worse so far beside gsw

The clips ar the 8th seed

a near all star 

a 6th man of the year

Gallo

Harrel going beast mode.

The had a deep bench too.

Harris,gallo,Lou  all put up nearly 20ppg.

If we wanted to make playoffs we shoulda gone after Snell , warren ,30,32 and tried to turn Parsons into something useful.

30 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

JV and Bruno was a great combo? Wow. Some people are really out of touch here. 

Delon Wright averaged 12.2 PPG in Memphis while playing 30.8 MPG. That number dropped to 6.9 PPG in Toronto in 18.3 MPG. His nunbers were also somewhat inflated here considering Mike Conley and JJJ didn't play with him that much and JV went down in late March. His numbers decrease as more competent scorers surround him. 

You say the West is wide open. So tell us who you see NOT making the playoffs if the Grizzlies are going to make it? San Antonio? Utah? Golden State? Houston? Denver? Portland? OKC? LA Clippers? Someone has to fall out for the Grizzlies to get in. Then the Grizzlies have to pass Sacramento, the Lakers and Minnesota as well. So who do you see falling out? 

46 wins.

Just now, ALT GRIND said:

46 wins.

I am going to hope you didn't understand the question and repeat it. 

This reminds of the early post from last year when hou was clearly done and the grizz had a better team than them.

I honestly can’t get behind finishing last or in the playoffs in June, this is just talking to be noticed.

11 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I am going to hope you didn't understand the question and repeat it. 

Spurs, Clippers, Lakers, T Wolves are out.  We are better than Sacto.

I would say Denver, Rockets, and Blazers are in.  Warriors basically only have 2 guys in Steph and Dray but they will still be there.  Utah should be good, but on the other hand you have your top 3 guys chucking to make their first all star team.  

Who is VASTLY better than us?  Maybe Denver if Bol Bol is LEGIT.  

I think the playoff race goes down to the wire.

I am counting on JV, Delon, and Jaren NOT being worse than they were last year.  I am counting on Bruno doing Bruno things.  Ja should be an All Rookie guy -- I have him as the best player in the draft.  I am counting on less than zero out of Chandler Parsons.  I am only counting on Dillon giving us 7.5/3/2 off the bench.  I am counting on Kyle Anderson giving us 8/4/4 off the bench.  

The Lakers only have 2 1/2 players (Kuzma on offense ZILCH on defense).  NO point guard.  

Raps/Bucks/Sixers might win it next year, keeping the trophy East again.

ALT GRIND

#46WINS

1 hour ago, First Team All Memphis said:
  1. Ja Morant- 33 MPG.  15PPG 7APG 5RPG

2. AB (POTENTIALLY) 33MPG- 14 PPG 4RPG 3APG

6. DELON 11PPG 5ASG 5RPG

7. CJ MILES- 8.5 PPG

9. BRUNO- 8 PPG

I like your "mojo" in putting this out and let it be debated.  Maybe we need to treat the season in two halves...my sense is the first part of the season the players need to get to know each other, build their roles on this team, and learn the coaches schemes and where they fit in.  IN this scenario i see JJJ, JV, Delon numbers maybe higher, and JA lower.  But in the 2nd half is where this team needs to gel and will give us an indication of the future...I see JV points falling a little but rebounds increasing, and JJJ pushing 20 points a game...JA if he can stay healthy really becoming the QB of this team....

4 minutes ago, Lugan Village said:

I like your "mojo" in putting this out and let it be debated.  Maybe we need to treat the season in two halves...my sense is the first part of the season the players need to get to know each other, build their roles on this team, and learn the coaches schemes and where they fit in.  IN this scenario i see JJJ, JV, Delon numbers maybe higher, and JA lower.  But in the 2nd half is where this team needs to gel and will give us an indication of the future...I see JV points falling a little but rebounds increasing, and JJJ pushing 20 points a game...JA if he can stay healthy really becoming the QB of this team....

That's how I see it with the deals we make . id rather use our assets now and get some picks and dudes our of favor on their current teams with AB and Korver .the deadline maybe we got for a guy that fits when we have a better idea of what our team looks like.

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

How many teams average over 40 PPG off the bench? You have the Grizzlies bench players averaging 52.5 PPG and that isn't the entire roster. How are all these players supposed to average 8+ points a game when they only play about 15-18 minutes each since you have the starters playing 30-33 MPG. You have the team with 6 players averaging double digits and five more who average at least 8 PPG. 

That is outlandish production. By outlandish I mean out of the ordinary or bizarre by the way. 

dude how bout you go get you some FACTS before you disagree. https://www.espn.com/nba/team/stats/_/name/mem

theres a link to the grizz stats last year. all those numbers you questioned were almost all attained last year. the grizz had 6 guys in double figures even if you take away marc gasol. they had guys averaging over 8 ppg that played 15-18 min and why you're at it, add up the bench points and tell me what that number is.. feel free to do pre/post marc trade while you're at it. point is, all of what I said is more than possible.

31 minutes ago, Jetfixer said:

I honestly can’t get behind finishing last or in the playoffs in June, this is just talking to be noticed.

its facts my boy. aint nobody talking to be noticed in a silly message board. all of what I say is substantiated homeboy