Sign in to follow this  
LuvThem Grizzlies

I'm getting a little concerned about the Grizz

2 hours ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

I don't see any of the past champions doing that, Spurs, Warriors or the Heat, they didn't go young, they went with experienced players.

The warriors drafted their players.  Then they added Iggy.  Then later KD.  But the heart of their team THEY drafted.  IE young players.

I think a lot here are concerned . its gonna be turning point the next year or so . I think some just see this as the start to set us up more so than trying to push for the playoffs this year. I think it could go either way really.

I dont think our FO is going to go young. Not like phx or something .maybe another asset or two but we are not gonna trade everyone for tons of picks  they did in phi and if we do its worked fine for them. even if we do we have way more to work with than phi did and this is our 3rd year already . 

Plenty of teams go young and search for the right vets while guys develop and do just fine.  i can point to teams failing while building vets .. Look at the heat and tons of other team . 

7 hours ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

I just hope the people in the FO has more sense than some of the posters I've seen on this board. I believe the Grizz had the personnel to get into the POs next year but now it seems some new posters just want to tear the team they had apart and replace some of them with nobodies. If it was left up to them the Grizz wouldn't be worth watching for years to come, I'm more interested in right now than the future. I sure hope the FO is all gung-ho on the future 2.

The NBA is cyclical. You can't always be good. You're good, then your bad, then your still bad, then your good again. We were good, then we were bad, now we are on the upward swing. This is how it works.

6 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

The NBA is cyclical. You can't always be good. You're good, then your bad, then your still bad, then your good again. We were good, then we were bad, now we are on the upward swing. This is how it works.

This is not true at all. The NBA is a billion dollar business. Teams want to step on each other's throats. 

Teams want to be good ALL the time and some teams NEVER get good. (Minnesota) 

Every team tries their best but it's hard to achieve 'sustainable success' in the NBA. Also, every team's definition of success might be a little different. Some are happy just to make the playoffs. Some are championship or bust. 

4 minutes ago, Teddy.B said:

This is not true at all. The NBA is a billion dollar business. Teams want to step on each other's throats. 

Teams want to be good ALL the time and some teams NEVER get good. (Minnesota) 

Every team tries their best but it's hard to achieve 'sustainable success' in the NBA. Also, every team's definition of success might be a little different. Some are happy just to make the playoffs. Some are championship or bust. 

Phx doesnt try their best . not the owners anyways just ask Steve Nash .

1 minute ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

Blew a title when they let Joe Johnson walk.

4 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

Yeah, you are right. Some teams just have crazy, stupid owners with ego problems. (NY) 

Winning is hard in the NBA only franchises that are truly committed to it succeed. Not ones with owners just happy to hang around. 

2 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Is not running to win a championship, moves are being made so that a championship is not expected, or even the playoffs, thus they can say that we are BUILDING to a "sustained success", rather than putting the stamp of their approval and making moves to make a run at it. They know that if they make a run at a championship and have those expectations and it doesn't work out, they are getting fired. 

Masri from Toronto, if he didn't win a championship this year or if he didn't keep kawhi, he would have been fired, but he had the balls to make those moves. Even Jason Levien, when he made that dumb move trading rudy, got fired for it.

I want front office guys that are willing to make bold moves, and this front office isn't it. In fact, they made it a mandate to not even mention the word championship in the press conference, because they know once the owner has expectations, they better deliver or they will be fired. Period.

How can you say that about this FO, when this is their first offseason together. I've never been this excitied about a Grizzlies draft before this point. You gotta to give em a chance

I found very funny to red on the board that the team is not good.... or good enough to go PO. Laughable when the team is actually only build at less than 50% and the first 50 % ( JJJ, Ja) is quite interesting.   Let the FO work, im sure they know what they do and we will see soon what the team looks like. 

For myself im pretty exciting about the first move. One case can be debate, it's Mike one as he is a great player and men. But it's time to move on. 

The Grizzlies had a core of young players first and then added the vets (Z-Bo and Tony Allen later). 

Z-Bo came during Conley's 3rd year, Gay's 4th and Mayo/Gasol's 2nd years in the league. Meanwhile Tony Allen came a year later. Those teams were also garbage in that 3 year 2007-2009 stretch. 

38 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

The Grizzlies had a core of young players first and then added the vets (Z-Bo and Tony Allen later). 

Z-Bo came during Conley's 3rd year, Gay's 4th and Mayo/Gasol's 2nd years in the league. Meanwhile Tony Allen came a year later. Those teams were also garbage in that 3 year 2007-2009 stretch. 

Yeah we've seen this before. We got nothing in the pau deal and it worked and we are in a pretty similar situation capwise and better players than qrich to offer.

17 hours ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

I would have bet money that the Grizz could have made the POs with the team they finished the year with. If they resign Wright I don't see them missing Conley very much. They took Houston down late in the season. They just lost too many players last year to overcome it.

Agreed. If, anything, the "rag-tag crew" were exciting to watch.

I also liked your analogy of remodelling your house vs burning it down.

2 hours ago, GameOn said:

Agreed. If, anything, the "rag-tag crew" were exciting to watch.

I also liked your analogy of remodelling your house vs burning it down.

Sometimes I can pull something pretty good out of the wood box. I think JV could be a STAR on this team, there aren't many centers in the NBA that can push him around.

20 hours ago, Gradey said:

The warriors drafted their players.  Then they added Iggy.  Then later KD.  But the heart of their team THEY drafted.  IE young players.

Yes they did and they really wasn't nothing until then. I believe the Grizz had beaten them 8 times in a row before they started rolling.

On 6/24/2019 at 3:33 PM, chipc3 said:

Believe me the Front Office knows a lot more than we do on the board. 

Lies!

😄

1 hour ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Yes they did and they really wasn't nothing until then. I believe the Grizz had beaten them 8 times in a row before they started rolling.

Yep we took their lunch money :D  

1 hour ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Zach destroying Draymond helped unlock their identity as a team by going small. 

On 6/24/2019 at 8:05 PM, Gradey said:

Whoever can figure out when a free agent pick up turns into a home run like Tony Allen or a grand slam like Iggy is gonna get a big raise.  

Is there a TA or an Iggy in this year's free agent class?  

On 6/24/2019 at 6:28 PM, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

I don't see any of the past champions doing that, Spurs, Warriors or the Heat, they didn't go young, they went with experienced players.

Yeah we don’t have Popovich as a coach, and they always find late round draft talent, Parker, Kawhi, and Ginonli all outside top 15 draft picks.  I also don’t see them competing for an actual championship any time soon.

why would the Warriors embrace a youth movement when all they need to do is lock up their current roster?? If they are able to bring back allay and Durant they are automatically the favorites.

the Heat won because of Wade, Lebron and bosh, they again have not sniffed contender status since their core group broke up.  

I don’t want us to fight and scrap for a decade as the 10th to 7th best team in the west for nearly a decade.  I would rather watch young talent and have hope for something greater, than an old roster with an expected mediocre outcome.

I hate to call someone ta or iggy 

Thad young is a different player these days he's really upped his game.

Wes Matthews looked like a new man in Indy

Aminu from portland