Sign in to follow this  
LuvThem Grizzlies

I'm getting a little concerned about the Grizz

I just hope the people in the FO has more sense than some of the posters I've seen on this board. I believe the Grizz had the personnel to get into the POs next year but now it seems some new posters just want to tear the team they had apart and replace some of them with nobodies. If it was left up to them the Grizz wouldn't be worth watching for years to come, I'm more interested in right now than the future. I sure hope the FO is all gung-ho on the future 2.

1 hour ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

I just hope the people in the FO has more sense than some of the posters I've seen on this board. I believe the Grizz had the personnel to get into the POs next year but now it seems some new posters just want to tear the team they had apart and replace some of them with nobodies. If it was left up to them the Grizz wouldn't be worth watching for years to come, I'm more interested in right now than the future. I sure hope the FO is all gung-ho on the future 2.

Believe me the Front Office knows a lot more than we do on the board. 

You're worried about the Grizzlies as an organization because a few random people on an internet message board totally unaffiliated with the organization had some ideas you didn't agree with?  I can't say that I understand that even a little bit. 

the grizzlies should be young fast and exciting BUT when your young expect this team to win around 27-30 games then in about 3 years watch out 

I feel the same way but backwards people like you who think the playoffs are possible with this weak roster and Parsons still on the payroll concerns me. 

Not thinking about the future and just about the present is just foolish.

5 minutes ago, lions said:

the grizzlies should be young fast and exciting BUT when your young expect this team to win around 27-30 games then in about 3 years watch out 

I don't see any of the past champions doing that, Spurs, Warriors or the Heat, they didn't go young, they went with experienced players.

6 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

I don't see any of the past champions doing that, Spurs, Warriors or the Heat, they didn't go young, they went with experienced players.

youre talking about teams with multiple hall of famers. one of our glimpses of hope hasnt even played a game yet. very different situations 

4 hours ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

your right but right now the grizzlies are young ,the 2 players there building this team around are only  19 years old      19 teen years old 

2 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Kareem was 32 when the lakers drafted Magic. The celtics traded the #1 overall pick for a 27 year old robert parish and #3 pick in the draft.

The way to win a championship is to get vets around your young stars as soon as possible. The grizzlies let mike go, which was a major mistake. Now they truly will be bad. The difference is that Red Arubach wasn't worried about his job security.

The absolutely only reason jason wexler and company did this is because they can field a bad team and still keep their jobs. If they would have kept mike and he would have gotten hurt or something, they'd be gone.

This team isn't running itself like they want to win a championship, they are being run by people hoping to keep their jobs. Period. 

14 minutes ago, costarica2 said:

I feel the same way but backwards people like you who think the playoffs are possible with this weak roster and Parsons still on the payroll concerns me. 

You're supposed to replenish the team with draft choices and trades, letting go of all the veterans would be like setting your house on fire because you don't like it anymore, be much more sensible to just remodel it.

6 minutes ago, Crizzle said:

youre talking about teams with multiple hall of famers. one of our glimpses of hope hasnt even played a game yet. very different situations 

How many other teams do you see doing it and being champions?

46 minutes ago, costarica2 said:

I would have bet money that the Grizz could have made the POs with the team they finished the year with. If they resign Wright I don't see them missing Conley very much. They took Houston down late in the season. They just lost too many players last year to overcome it.

1 hour ago, Kevin B Moses said:

This team isn't running itself like they want to win a championship, they are being run by people hoping to keep their jobs. Period. 

Sooo... winning a championship will get them sacked? 

Here I was thinking a championship just might add job security.

learn something wrong everyday

2 hours ago, Crizzle said:

welcome to the internet my guy

You know how sometimes people type lol but don’t really mean it ?

LOL 

THIS is not one of those times !

I cracked my side !

💫🤣💫

3 hours ago, chipc3 said:

399D9C68-3B92-4DDC-B352-848B120FFD15.jpeg

Facts. They also won with players on rookie deals in Tim, Kawhi and DWade, something we should be trying to do...

27 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Sooo... winning a championship will get them sacked? 

Here I was thinking a championship just might add job security.

learn something wrong everyday

Is not running to win a championship, moves are being made so that a championship is not expected, or even the playoffs, thus they can say that we are BUILDING to a "sustained success", rather than putting the stamp of their approval and making moves to make a run at it. They know that if they make a run at a championship and have those expectations and it doesn't work out, they are getting fired. 

Masri from Toronto, if he didn't win a championship this year or if he didn't keep kawhi, he would have been fired, but he had the balls to make those moves. Even Jason Levien, when he made that dumb move trading rudy, got fired for it.

I want front office guys that are willing to make bold moves, and this front office isn't it. In fact, they made it a mandate to not even mention the word championship in the press conference, because they know once the owner has expectations, they better deliver or they will be fired. Period.

I would have bet money that the Grizz could have made the POs with the team they finished the year with. If they resign Wright I don't see them missing Conley very much. They took Houston down late in the season. They just lost too many players last year to overcome it.

I disagree with you 100 % our point views are completely  different. 

The Fact that you think we could of made the playoff last year says alot.

4 hours ago, chipc3 said:

If "they" are the Front Office are WE the BACK OFFICE???

2 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

If "they" are the Front Office are WE the BACK OFFICE???

No. We are the message board.