Sign in to follow this  
Grizzled Vet

Grizzlies/NBA Free Agency Thread

Just now, I❤️JV said:

If you are looking for hope...there is big white 7 feet tall one.

Let it go man... 

Marc is gone !

💫🤣💫

5 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Let it go man... 

Marc is gone !

💫🤣💫

Marc is gone.... and yet big white 7 feet tall hope remains....you need to have your hope at least 7 feet tall at all times.

4 minutes ago, I❤️JV said:

Marc is gone.... and yet big white 7 feet tall hope remains....you need to have your hope at least 7 feet tall at all times.

OK... I actually snort ugly booger stuck in the mustache laughed at this one !

definitely should have seen this coming... your user name should have clued me 

you are consistent 

🤣😂🤣

I have got to give it to you -> you go hard for your guy . I respect that ... as long as he plays HERE! 

1 hour ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Let it go man... 

Marc is gone !

💫🤣💫

Image result for oh no you didn't gif

I think Val is a great torch bearer to replace Marc. Think our Grizz got some nice value in that trade

Apparently Jaylen Brown and the celtics probably aren't going to be able to agree to terms on an extension. It'll probably still take the max we can offer (which is probably like 4 years 110 or so) to secure him. 

29 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

Apparently Jaylen Brown and the celtics probably aren't going to be able to agree to terms on an extension. It'll probably still take the max we can offer (which is probably like 4 years 110 or so) to secure him. 

This is why this season is so important sure we might not get alot of Ws but we need to show free agents like Brown that we are an up and coming young  team.

If Ja plays well and JJJ takes another step we could be a very desirable team.

On 9/25/2019 at 10:50 PM, costarica2 said:

This is why this season is so important sure we might not get alot of Ws but we need to show free agents like Brown that we are an up and coming young  team.

If Ja plays well and JJJ takes another step we could be a very desirable team.

When Memphis is at the bottom of the West, it isn't a desirable location.

The franchise is still a couple years, at best, from being that location.

Watching the Pelicans. They might not make the playoffs...but this team one hell of an offseason. 

On 9/27/2019 at 12:49 AM, Grizzled Vet said:

When Memphis is at the bottom of the West, it isn't a desirable location.

The franchise is still a couple years, at best, from being that location.

Money solves a lot of those less than desirable places. We should have plenty of it next offseason.

12 hours ago, Dwash said:

Watching the Pelicans. They might not make the playoffs...but this team one hell of an offseason. 

How did Zion look?   I haven't watched anything outside the Grizz. 

7 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Saw highlights on Reddit. Very exciting. He and Lonzo are a great combo to start a team. Apparently Lonzo got a jump shot over the summer, so the spacing might be OK. 

Tough spot that they're going to have to make big decisions on paying Lonzo and Ingram soon. I guess they at least have one year to figure out if it is worth it. 

13 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Like you would expect the best athlete in the NBA who is also 270 lbs. to look! Gonna be a major force.

25 minutes ago, Zappastache said:

Saw highlights on Reddit. Very exciting. He and Lonzo are a great combo to start a team. Apparently Lonzo got a jump shot over the summer, so the spacing might be OK. 

Tough spot that they're going to have to make big decisions on paying Lonzo and Ingram soon. I guess they at least have one year to figure out if it is worth it. 

I am hoping Ja + Jaren quickly become the same type of tandem.  

8 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Like you would expect the best athlete in the NBA who is also 270 lbs. to look! Gonna be a major force.

Cool - i am rooting for the kid because he is such a good guy.   

On 10/7/2019 at 9:54 PM, Rdk4121 said:

Money solves a lot of those less than desirable places. We should have plenty of it next offseason.

Unless the Grizzlies are the only franchise with enough money to offer the max (they aren't), he ain't taking it.

5 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Unless the Grizzlies are the only franchise with enough money to offer the max (they aren't), he ain't taking it.

We might be the only other team to offer the max, assuming Boston does not. Hawks and Cavs also could, possibly the Hornets as well. I doubt the Hawks would as he's awfully similar to Hunter and Reddish, plus they also have Huerter. You can't tell me the Cavs or Hornets are a better situation that we are. They're both awful with no actual good young players either. Hawks would be compelling (plus I think he's from Georgia), but again, that's really not a need for them. They'd be better served getting some role players to help complement their young guys like the Kings did with Dedmon, Ariza, and Joseph. 

I think Bogdan is probably our best bet at a splash in free agency next year. Obviously he'd be looking for a pay raise and a bigger role than in Sacramento, and we would offer both. It looks like Beasley is going to get an extension with the Nuggets. 

Brown is Bostons second best young player. They have room under the tax to offer him the max next year. So if they dont think he is worth the max (just 25% of the salary cap) while pushing for a title then I kinda dont want him either.

37 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Brown is Bostons second best young player. They have room under the tax to offer him the max next year. So if they dont think he is worth the max (just 25% of the salary cap) while pushing for a title then I kinda dont want him either.

They'd be over the tax if they offered him the max (at least without getting rid of some non-guaranteed contracts). They're at 118 million for next year not including Brown. They'd be at 147 with Brown's 29 million dollar contract (luxury tax is 141 million). So I guess there's at least some cause for hesitancy.

Another luxury tax team to look at is the Nuggets. If they are serious about extending Beasley, that will probably come in at about 15 million a year. That would put them at 124 million just 10 players on the roster, and also having Bol Bol, Milsap, Hernangomez, and Plumlee as free agents (also their first round pick, so another 3-4 million). In the past they've been completely unwilling to pay the tax using picks to get rid of Faried, Wilson Chandler, etc. I wonder if Barton is next on that list. He'd be a great fit here as our starting SG or just our sixth man. 

2 hours ago, King Dork said:

Brandon Ingram! Max him and watch him drop 20 a game off Ja assists. 

i have been a brandon ingram fan watching him with the lakers... sign me up

3 hours ago, King Dork said:

Brandon Ingram! Max him and watch him drop 20 a game off Ja assists. 

I'd assume that the pelicans intend on matching any offer, but I could be wrong. They would have plenty of room to do it since they're only at 83 million for next year. They'd still be under the cap. 

Bogdan/Buddy Hield/Malik Beasley are our best options right now IMO and none of them are likely to happen unfortunately.

3 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

I'd assume that the pelicans intend on matching any offer, but I could be wrong. They would have plenty of room to do it since they're only at 83 million for next year. They'd still be under the cap. 

They have a lot of dudes to pay. That’s the only reason I say do it. BI this year Lonzo and Josh Hart next year and a few others in the mix. Make them make that decision