Sign in to follow this  
Grizzled Vet

Grizzlies/NBA Free Agency Thread

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

I didn’t say that.

I agree but I didn’t say it!

And all you sudden Clipper lovers will change your minds if and when we meet them in the playoffs again.

I did say that I could start hating again if it became necessary.

The grizzlies got more for Mike Conley than the thunder got for Westbrook. Hell, taking chris paul himself would require at least 1 first round pick in an of itself. Chris Paul brings no value to a rebuilding team like the thunder and his contract is near untradeable.

1 hour ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I hope the OKC Thunder struggle for a few years and Chris Paul's last years are spent flopping around on a non-playoff team.  We'll see what a buyout is worth to him.

Gallinari

Adams

CP3

Man. What is happening? I thought he was gonna go east...

Seems like a bad fit to me but I guess Morey gets bored during the season and saw all the other crazy pick trades, figured he could convince the owners to pony up.

These GMs are playing this like its the federal government and pushing all the debt to the future generations. Hope it blows up in their face. 

Sucks they are all in the West for now..... But big two is gonna be way more fun than big 3 .

20 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

Sucks they are all in the West for now..... But big two is gonna be way more fun than big 3 .

Not for us, if all the pairs are out West 😭

4 hours ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

By the time were ready to compete those big 2's will be overpaid aging stars on the downside of their careers, 3 or 4 years will have alot of new stars, hopefully Ja and JJJ are 2 of them

11 hours ago, Ace-is-high said:

By the time were ready to compete those big 2's will be overpaid aging stars on the downside of their careers, 3 or 4 years will have alot of new stars, hopefully Ja and JJJ are 2 of them

This. Let's as many teams as possible deal future assets.

Grizzlies are still 2 years away from being 2 years away.

3 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

Christian wood is a free agent now. I'd love for us to take a look at him. 

Him over Rabb all day

10 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

Christian wood is a free agent now. I'd love for us to take a look at him. 

Waive Rabb right now to add him. He's only 23 sign me up he'd be perfect to play with BC on the second unit.

1 hour ago, Grizball said:

He would be another great young piece to add to the team, an upgrade over Rabb for sure. He will have more than a few suitors in the FA market.

He's been waived everywhere he's gone cause no one give him a real shot.

4 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

He's been waived everywhere he's gone cause no one give him a real shot.

His name is awesome .... want I’m on the team just because of that:):)

Shams Charania: Free agent forward JaMychal Green is finalizing a two-year, $10M deal to return to the Los Angeles Clippers, with a second-year player option, league sources tell 

But we offered this guy $4mil QO, then doubled it, let Zbo walk for nothing, and expected JaM to take over as the starting PF - SMH

3 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Shams Charania: Free agent forward JaMychal Green is finalizing a two-year, $10M deal to return to the Los Angeles Clippers, with a second-year player option, league sources tell 

But we offered this guy $4mil QO, then doubled it, let Zbo walk for nothing, and expected JaM to take over as the starting PF - SMH

And a lot of posters expected him to be paid a lot more than he got paid to remain here. 

20 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

And a lot of posters expected him to be paid a lot more than he got paid to remain here. 

He apparently took a discount to stay with the clippers. The spurs and Knicks (I assume before the Morris deal) offered him more. He wanted a legit chance at a title. 

Vásquez played on the injured ankle for some time before the 2015 surgery despite ample discomfort. The bone structure remains unstable. Forget playing basketball. Vásquez, 32, says he cannot walk, jog or run correctly. “It’s pretty bad,” Vásquez said. “I’m not out of the league because of my talent. I’m out of the league because of an injury. It’s pretty depressing, but it’s something I have to face. It’s something I have to take.”

– via The Athletic

I was completely unaware of Vasquez's injury.. real shame.

On 7/11/2019 at 8:34 PM, smit-tay griz said:

I did say that I could start hating again if it became necessary.

I don’t know exactly why but - this post has me cracking my side !

💫🤣💫

47 minutes ago, Father Pat said:

Justin Holiday signed a 1 yr, 4.8 mil contract with the Pacers.

I would have been OK with Holiday coming back, but that is more than I would have wanted to pay.

I'm happy that he's with his bro and on a playoff team.

Have 3 brothers ever been in the league at the same time? 

This has to be the most brothers to ever be in the league right?

Lopez twins, Morris twins, Pau/Marc, Curry brothers, Holidays,  Plumlees and it feels like I’m forgetting a couple more