Sign in to follow this  
Grizzled Vet

Grizzlies/NBA Free Agency Thread

3 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Time will tell. I hope they don't buy rings like this because I don't think it's good for the league but I can't deny that winning 1 or 2 or even 3 rings would be nice and a lot of recovery time would be soothed. 

If we keep building assets it could be us one day . 1 or 2 more picks plus or owning our BOS pick sooner or later puts us in a nice spot imo.

They pretty much traded Blake & Tobias for this team . not bad but owners/fo etc really gotta be on the same page for that to work

12 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Time will tell but I struggle to believe that anyone is worth what the Clippers gave up. They may be good for a few years but I believe they are trending toward the lottery after that. 

With no picks???!!!! Horrifying!!

1 minute ago, smit-tay griz said:

With no picks???!!!! Horrifying!!

They have picks though.

3 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

If we keep building assets it could be us one day . 1 or 2 more picks plus or owning our BOS pick sooner or later puts us in a nice spot imo.

They pretty much traded Blake & Tobias for this team . not bad but owners/fo etc really gotta be on the same page for that to work

I disagree about the Clippers front office but I agree about the FO and Coaches needing to be on the same page. I hope the Grizzlies are that way now. 

10 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Perhaps. If they don't win any their fans will however. 

They will survive Clippers were terrible under Sterling yet they always yielded a profit. Now they are about to make a killing off increased revenue for the next few years. And now they are established as a team that dont need picks to get stars. They can sign them.

Just now, chipc3 said:

I disagree about the Clippers front office but I agree about the FO and Coaches needing to be on the same page. I hope the Grizzlies are that way now. 

Yup . we aint in shape for a clips like move but in  2/3 year who knows .

9 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Maybe so.  I'm not really following the Clippers.

They have their 1st up to 2021 and 2 det 2nd rounders along with most of their 2nds. They built assets with Blake and Tobias 

Anyone talking about respect for the Clippers should be banned from the boards! 

Image result for laughing gif

1 minute ago, chipc3 said:

Anyone talking about respect for the Clippers should be banned from the boards! 

Image result for laughing gif

I don't hate on the Clippers anymore.  My biggest reason is in HOU now.  I could start again if it becomes necessary.

1 minute ago, smit-tay griz said:

I don't hate on the Clippers anymore.  My biggest reason is in HOU now.  I could start again if it becomes necessary.

Image result for banned gif

4 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Same here.   I like Kawhi, PG, PatBev, Lou and Montrez.   Heck they even have JaM.    All my hate is for Houston and Lakers now. 

2 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Same here.   I like Kawhi, PG, PatBev, Lou and Montrez.   Heck they even have JaM.    All my hate is for Houston and Lakers now. 

Image result for banned gif

12 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Yeah its not really even close to the same team. Even got a cool owner.

17 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I like Bev, Lou, Montrezl, and Jam.  I'm still out on the superstars.  I respect their games, but Kawhi turned me off a little how he left SAS for TOR, and now with his latest move.  I admit that I don't know what really went on though.  PG I'm kind of meh.

2 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

I like Bev, Lou, Montrezl, and Jam.  I'm still out on the superstars.  I respect their games, but Kawhi turned me off a little how he left SAS for TOR, and now with his latest move.  I admit that I don't know what really went on though.  PG I'm kind of meh.

Regarding PG, this should be fun...
https://eurweb.com/2019/07/08/paul-george-dated-daughter-of-new-coach-doc-rivers-and-cheated-on-her-with-a-stripper/

2 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

That's the point!

Both CLee and Iggy expire after this season.  CLee is cheaper and one of the few options right now for doing a trade where the Grizzlies don't take back additional contracts AND Lee is less money for a buyout option, if that is the plan.

I'm not sure why I though Lee was under contract until 2021, but you're right. I guess the FO is confident in reaching a better deal.

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

How many years of lottery hell is a shot at a ring worth to you? I bet we have different opinions about that. 

This is the Clippers we're talking about. Sucking is their natural state of being.

16 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

I'm not sure why I though Lee was under contract until 2021, but you're right. I guess the FO is confident in reaching a better deal.

They probably told Dallas, we're going to try and get a better deal where we don't take back any salary.  We'll get back to you.

It's not like people will be beating down Dallas' door to trade for CLee.  And Dallas may sweeten the deal if they think we find something better.

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Agreed.  In reality, the entirety of my hatred was laser focused on Chris Fall and Flake Griffin, who are Floppers for life in my book.  But the pre and post Fall/Flake Clippers I have no problem with.  

4 hours ago, Dwash said:

Fisher used his daughters situation to get out of his deal with Utah too. Said he wanted to be closer to doctors (I think they were in New York) then signed with the Lakers.

http://www.celticslife.com/2013/02/derek-fisher-is-piece-of-****.html

But yeah President of the NBPA, such a big deal lol.

I wonder what the buyout was for in the Derek Fisher situation? The article, which is more an editorial than a news story, doesn’t mention UtH paying him anything.

1 hour ago, fanboyslim said:

This is the Clippers we're talking about. Sucking is their natural state of being.

I didn’t say that.

I agree but I didn’t say it!

And all you sudden Clipper lovers will change your minds if and when we meet them in the playoffs again.

52 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I wonder what the buyout was for in the Derek Fisher situation? The article, which is more an editorial than a news story, doesn’t mention UtH paying him anything.

I believe he requested an outright release from what I remember. I mean he cant be talking about urgently being with his daughter and requesting money at the same time. But it was a pretty shady move and I omce knew a teammate of his from UALR that said his super holy act that he always put on was mostly a show.

4 hours ago, chipc3 said:

How many years of lottery hell is a shot at a ring worth to you? I bet we have different opinions about that. 

The clippers can build through free agency because they're in L.A. Other teams can't do that because they're not.