Sign in to follow this  
Grizzled Vet

Grizzlies/NBA Free Agency Thread

Interesting that only a few of the traded guys have gotten jersey numbers. Still no sign of josh Jackson, iggy, or hill. Could be a sign of those staying and those not..

9 hours ago, BealeDon’tLie said:

Interesting that only a few of the traded guys have gotten jersey numbers. Still no sign of josh Jackson, iggy, or hill. Could be a sign of those staying and those not..

Makes sense though I would like to try with Josh but I can totally understand if they aren't interested in bringing that baggage into the looker room. That would definitely give Yuta an opportunity to be on the main roster, if they moved 3 wings.

Wouldn't one of these superteams want a Howard/Iggy combo for a young player and a pick? I think the marketing alone would do it, I can dream right?

1 minute ago, Jetfixer said:

Wouldn't one of these superteams want a Howard/Iggy combo for a young player and a pick? I think the marketing alone would do it, I can dream right?

Maybe Iggy, but I don't think Dwight Howard has much value to teams that want to play deep in the playoffs.

Or probably even young teams.

These players that have a rep for a negative attitude or poor relationships with coaches have cost themselves millions.  Boogie Cousins should be getting 3-5 year deals for 3-4x what he's getting now, if not more.  

13 minutes ago, BeastModeGrizz said:

I remember some people here used to like Monta Ellis, I wonder what they think about him now? 

Well to be fair, some liked him in 2010.

I guess Mia could move enough salary for iggy and Russ . not sure they have enough assets though . 

52 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Maybe Iggy, but I don't think Dwight Howard has much value to teams that want to play deep in the playoffs.

Or probably even young teams.

These players that have a rep for a negative attitude or poor relationships with coaches have cost themselves millions.  Boogie Cousins should be getting 3-5 year deals for 3-4x what he's getting now, if not more.  

You gotta factor in injuries for boogie.  Id he wasn't hurt he'd be making quite a bit

1 hour ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

I guess Mia could move enough salary for iggy and Russ . not sure they have enough assets though . 

They definitely don't have any pics they can trade at least not for the next couple of seasons

2 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Folks may be happy to see what team was not in attendance...thankfully.

Rumors of Chris Wallace being forcefully expelled from the premises after sneaking in through an air duct are not confirmed.

3 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I'd keep this guy around

Seems that we will keep him. Josh Jackson on the other hand looks strange when we will get some news? He doesn't have a jersey number nor has been introduced.

38 minutes ago, Grizzly_Bear said:

Does anyone know where Jonas is? Has his signing officially been announced by the team? I haven't seen it. Only from Woj.

He'll probably sign last similar to what Conley did when we signed Parsons. We can go over the cap to resign our own guys so they're probably trying to get all of teh other moves out of the way first and then sign hi last. Teams have done that a lot.

3 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Still no sign of Josh Jackson. DeAnthony is at SL with the rest of the guys

No sign of Josh Jackson? Hmmm wonder what happened?

23 minutes ago, Dwash said:

No sign of Josh Jackson? Hmmm wonder what happened?

Probably so. I really wonder if they asked him to join the team out there to get to know the guys. If they did and he didn't, that's strike #1. He doesn't have 3 strikes. In my mind, he would be on probation until early September. If he screws up or ignores your rules, trade him. If you can't trade him, decline his option and try to move forward. If he starts acting a fool or it's obvious he hasn't worked on his game, just waive him. 

FO still have a few more moves to make before rounding up the roster. I guess their priority now is to trade Iggy and get something valuable in return instead of just buying him out. LAC seems to be the team with the assets wanting to make a trade. I think Howard, Hill and/or Rabb will be waived or traded (unlikely). Wonder what FO see in Josh Jackson. I hope they give him a 2nd chance, he's got talent and could be really good if he is put in the right environment, but it would not surprised me if he is waived or traded (again unlikely). And then there is that Serbian guard Guduric who is supposed to sign with MEM. I think FO will make their next move soon, whether it is to announce a Iggy trade or Guduric signing. It's been a very active and entertaining offseason for the Memphis Grizzlies.

2 hours ago, Grizball said:

https://trendbasket.net/fenerbahce-beko-marko-guduricten-16-milyon-euro-gelir-elde-etti/

It's been reported that Marko Guduric has completed a 2 million euro buyout with his former clubs to join the Grizzlies. Who paid the 2M Euro though? Is it taken from Guduric's salary or the Grizzlies paid for it?

If I remember correctly with JCN, it was like a certain amount upfront an dthen they agreed to take a certain amount out of his NBA salary. Kind of like paychek garnishment. 

According to this, it looks like the Knicks ($14.8 mil) and Mavs($13.8 mil) are the only teams with significant space left under the cap. Atlanta and Indiana are also about $5 mil under the cap and a couple of more teams less than $2 mil under the cap. Limited options as far as getting some team to absorb Howard.