Sign in to follow this  
Grizzled Vet

Grizzlies/NBA Free Agency Thread

Gonna laugh if our bench mob is Jamal Crawford, Vince Carter, Iggy, Pau, and Dwight Howard but I wouldn't put it past our FO. With all apologies, of course, to Carmelo Anthony.

1 minute ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

There's rules around s&t 

I'm starting to like the idea of Jabari Parker as a scorer off the bench.

4 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

It would be a smart signing. He’d be cheap, and he’s young. Injuries aside it would be good to see what he has in the tank while rebuilding. May turn out good. If not, then no harm. 

9 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

He's probably the best get left if we want some scoring. We can let him play backup 3/4 and let him do whatever. We don't have many players who have scored consistently in the NBA. Adding a guy like that as a backup would be good for this team. 

5 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

It would be a smart signing. He’d be cheap, and he’s young. Injuries aside it would be good to see what he has in the tank while rebuilding. May turn out good. If not, then no harm. 

Yea I think I would like to just give him a one year deal like we did tyreke just to see if he fits and if he can be useful in a scorer off the bench role.

Just now, Ndq0327 said:

Yea I think I would like to just give him a one year deal like we did tyreke just to see if he fits and if he can be useful in a scorer off the bench role.

He’d be starting

2 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

He's probably the best get left if we want some scoring. We can let him play backup 3/4 and let him do whatever. We don't have many players who have scored consistently in the NBA. Adding a guy like that as a backup would be good for this team. 

Seems like it

1 minute ago, Memphis Maverick said:

He’d be starting

Don't want him to start he's definitely a role player and that role should be get buckets off the bench if he wants anything else leave him in the free agent bin.

Just now, Memphis Maverick said:

He’d be starting

i don't see any reason to start him. We have a solid vet in Crowder at the 3 and JJJ at the 4. Parker has serious flaws in his game, especially on defense and I saw a write-up on him saying his scoring style is not for the modern day NBA. I wouldn't want him in the starting lineup with Ja and JJJ. He's going to try and get his. I'd rather let him do that off of the bench. 

9 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

Jabari likely hasn’t been humbled yet and would not come here unless he is overpaid anything more than 8 mil is overpay. He was booted from Chicago after the practice fiasco. He would also want to likely be the man or believe he is as a starter which he isn’t on our team. 

40 minutes ago, QMemphis said:

Jabari likely hasn’t been humbled yet and would not come here unless he is overpaid anything more than 8 mil is overpay. He was booted from Chicago after the practice fiasco. He would also want to likely be the man or believe he is as a starter which he isn’t on our team. 

No thanks on Jabari- we still have like 5 dudes that play the 3/4.  id rather see if Josh Dillon or Graysen can develop into a true perimeter scorer.  Plus we already have a knucklehead adding a diva is too much. 

I think we are making all our moves via trades.   Dont see adding anyone worth MLE. 

14 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

No thanks on Jabari- we still have like 5 dudes that play the 3/4.  id rather see if Josh Dillon or Graysen can develop into a true perimeter scorer.  Plus we already have a knucklehead adding a diva is too much. 

I think we are making all our moves via trades.   Dont see adding anyone worth MLE. 

Yea I think they will round out the roster via trades and small signings

They sure cleaned house and made up for lost time. This should have been started once we got the 4th pick and really before that with tony and zbo getting us some 1st or 2nds and really before that lol.

Not really sure what the FO is thinking, but it is possibly worth noting that Kelly Oubre is still out there as RFA.  Letting Delon go means it's maybe more feasible financially to make a play for him.

1 minute ago, grizzknob said:

Not really sure what the FO is thinking, but it is possibly worth noting that Kelly Oubre is still out there as RFA.  Letting Delon go means it's maybe more feasible financially to make a play for him.

That or trade and take back a little extra salary.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/bulls/ct-bulls-kris-dunn-future-summer-league-20190708-xalfarvdgrfnhc45bz4h7hsbfa-story.html

Essentially says we've talked about doing a sign and trade with justin Holliday for Kris Dunn. Now that delon is gone, don't be surprised if that happens. I'm good with it, we recoup what we spent on him last year, and already got the two second rounders back as well. 

7 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/bulls/ct-bulls-kris-dunn-future-summer-league-20190708-xalfarvdgrfnhc45bz4h7hsbfa-story.html

Essentially says we've talked about doing a sign and trade with justin Holliday for Kris Dunn. Now that delon is gone, don't be surprised if that happens. I'm good with it, we recoup what we spent on him last year, and already got the two second rounders back as well. 

This would make a lot of sense,. If this was their plan and the deciding factor for not bringing back Wright on a too large contract, then I can see the logic.

5 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

Well that gives us our 3rd PG and also potentially a pick. 

Geezus the team would be starving for shooting tho. 

3 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

This would make a lot of sense,. If this was their plan and the deciding factor for not bringing back Wright on a too large contract, then I can see the logic.

It almost feels like it has to be. Pretty much the same player, except Dunn shoots it marginally better from 3 and is two years younger. We save 4 million in comparison to the Delon Wright deal as well.