Sign in to follow this  
Grizzled Vet

Grizzlies/NBA Free Agency Thread

6 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

There is no reason Jamychal should be this far down the list. He played his *** off last year.

I like Jam, this list is just wrong all the time, I assume Clippers would keep him. I hope they do, he deserve to fight for a ring. 

44 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

I want Jabari Parker

I dont, he plays no defense, I said he dont care about that. We are a defense 1st franchise, so he dont belong.

I would match Delon offer if he gets one at all and sign Oubre with MLE, trade Iggy and Dwight for picks + capspace. If we end with some 2nds or at least a 1st and a 2nd it would be ok. Waive Hill.

There are not good veterans to keep around in a rebuild, we had the best ones for me in Korver, Bradley and Iggy(still have), but seems our salary situation hold us back. Now go with full youth and try to get some retired veterans and coach staff to put around those kids, in special Josh Jackson.

Ja/Delon/Melton 

Oubre/Allen/Guduric/Konchar*

Josh/Dillon/SlowMo/Yuta*

Jaren/Crowder/Clarke

JV/Rabb/Plumlee

56 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

I want Jabari Parker

22 minutes ago, jtp0000 said:

Any interest in Jabari Parker here? Fits the reclamation project theme we’re going for and he’s only 24.

I'd offer him part of the MLE to be a scorer off of the bench. He's a 1 dimensional player who is injury prone. I'd give him a chance to score as much as he wants to off of the bench 

6 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I'd offer him part of the MLE to be a scorer off of the bench. He's a 1 dimensional player who is injury prone. I'd give him a chance to score as much as he wants to off of the bench 

He was actually quite productive for Chicago. At 24 for cheap money I’d go after him.

18 minutes ago, sativa417 said:

I hope we keep him, he's exactly the type of guy I'd like on our young team.

He's tough and he can show our young guys how to not take any crap from players who will use intimidation to gain an edge.

20 hours ago, Ja_Rules said:

I like Jam, this list is just wrong all the time, I assume Clippers would keep him. I hope they do, he deserve to fight for a ring. 

I dont, he plays no defense, I said he dont care about that. We are a defense 1st franchise, so he dont belong.

I would match Delon offer if he gets one at all and sign Oubre with MLE, trade Iggy and Dwight for picks + capspace. If we end with some 2nds or at least a 1st and a 2nd it would be ok. Waive Hill.

There are not good veterans to keep around in a rebuild, we had the best ones for me in Korver, Bradley and Iggy(still have), but seems our salary situation hold us back. Now go with full youth and try to get some retired veterans and coach staff to put around those kids, in special Josh Jackson.

Ja/Delon/Melton 

Oubre/Allen/Guduric/Konchar*

Josh/Dillon/SlowMo/Yuta*

Jaren/Crowder/Clarke

JV/Rabb/Plumlee

He would be a scorer off of the bench. I'm not worried about that. Ja Morant wasn't known for his defense, should we get rid of him because we are a defense 1st franchise? We need to be able to score points and we don't have very many people on our roster who have proven they can score in the NBA. As a bench scorer for the partial MLE, Parker would be perfect. We're not asking him to start or be the best player on the team. I would have concerns then, but as a scorer off of the bench? Go for it. 

We now can use the full MLE and be fine. PG is the big area of concern now. I hope we can acquire kris Dunn, or we could try to sign Trey Burke. 

6 minutes ago, VikingWarrior said:

2 second rotunders i guess is ok but we get thin at pg

Kyle Anderson can play pg it's probably his best position they can add more shooting now and let Anderson and Melton handle being the back ups for Ja

3 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Delon got intimidated by Ja's presence and being a backup so he bounced. SImple as that. 

No, the Mavs offered him 3/29. 

6 hours ago, sativa417 said:

6 hours ago, CarloJ63 said:

I hope we keep him, he's exactly the type of guy I'd like on our young team.

He's tough and he can show our young guys how to not take any crap from players who will use intimidation to gain an edge.

I agree, and I hesitate to say I look forward to keeping him because he too could be gone.

$29/3 was not that bad for a vet who was probably going to play 22-30 mpg.

Two 2nd rounders will hopefully net something on the trade market because the picks themselves will unlikely be of long term value.

9 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

Let that man go for 2 2nds at 3/29 for him lol. Byeeeee

I would have matched it, if it was good price for a 3rd guard in your rotation. Now we have to move Iggy and Dwight for assets and a veteran pg. Goran Dragic could be a option.

3 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

I would have matched it, if it was good price for a 3rd guard in your rotation. Now we have to move Iggy and Dwight for assets and a veteran pg. Goran Dragic could be a option.

Maybe that was the plan because i don't understand the clearing of salaries to match Wright, but then not match.

So there has to be another move involved.

$29/3 is not that bad for a vet playing more than 20-30 mpg.  Especially when Solomon Hill and Miles Plumlee are rolling off next year.

20 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

No, the Mavs offered him 3/29. 

I think that was on the high end of where they would have match but i think it's overpaying so i have no problem with it 

1 minute ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Maybe that was the plan because i don't understand the clearing of salaries to match Wright, but then not match.

So there has to be another move involved.

$29/3 is not that bad for a vet playing more than 20-30 mpg.  Especially when Solomon Hill and Miles Plumlee are rolling off next year.

Now Im thinking I cant understand either. Maybe we will take some salary back in a trade and get a veteran pg that has more than 1 year in his contract, and making that we get more picks. Maybe they are really high on Melton ( I hope that is not the case, even liking him, its too much risk). Or they believe SlowMo can play fulltime backup pg.

Like I said first I dont know the next move, but Im not feeling confortable about our pg position. We really dowgrade in our rotation from MC/Delon/Carter to Ja/Melton/?

Just now, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I think that was on the high end of where they would have match but i think it's overpaying so i have no problem with it 

Its MLE doesn't it. It is not overpaid for a 3rd guard in your rotation.

I guess Kyle is the back-up point guard now.

Ja/Melton
Brooks/Jackson/Allen
Crowder/Bruno/Hill
Jaren/Kyle/Clarke
Jonas/Plumlee

I guess Rabb, Dwight and Iggy are out. So roster at 13. I would throw the MLE to somebody, but I don't know who, to be honest.

1 minute ago, Ja_Rules said:

Its MLE doesn't it. It is not overpaid for a 3rd guard in your rotation.

We gave the MLE to Kyle Anderson last season with teh expectation of him starting. No, paying the MLE for a 3rd guard is not a good plan. Third guards get paid Shelvin Mack money, not the full MLE. 

I'm guessing the Mavs would have offered closer to 3/35, since they have plenty of cap and no point guard. I doubt that the Grizz could have held on to Delon for 3/29.

1 minute ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

It's overpaying if they have another plan in mind or if comparing the team to the other bottom 5 cellar dwellers.  Paying a vet who can play 20-30 mpg at SG & backup PG less than $10 mm/year is not overpaying.

However, it appears all the talking about clearing salaries to match Delon Wright was a bunch of smoke, and I believe there is going to be more going down, especially if the Heat or other teams are involved in trying to get Russell Westbrook.

I really think there could be more draft picks coming this way.