Sign in to follow this  
Grizzled Vet

Grizzlies/NBA Free Agency Thread

4 minutes ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

Same for me + JJ reddick could be a good choice, good shooters and can be one of the leader in locker room.

Yeah this team just needs to add shooting especially if we bring back Jonas/Noah to complete our big man core of like 8 guys.  2 guard would be our relative weak spot since I have Bruno and Kyle being our main small forward (or we go small with 3 guards). 

3 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

I thought that was Delon's role

In some ways, yes. But he’s pretty slight of frame too. 

11 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

How would that help the team?

By not overpaying him a much of money .

3 minutes ago, jtp0000 said:

In some ways, yes. But he’s pretty slight of frame too. 

Payton ain't no big guy either, unless I'm misaken, or were you speaking of Walter?  Elfrid's got two pounds on Delon.

QO Delon and match it (if he isn't overpaid), resign Noah cheap, resign JV (dont overpay) or TPE Adams. 

Keep Bradley, Korver, Crowder and CJ.

Just now, ALT GRIND said:

Anybody want to bring back Vince Carter?

It would be cool if he retired as a Grizzly.

He should go to Raptors 

9 minutes ago, costarica2 said:

By not overpaying him a much of money .

That still won't improve the team.  Just having cap space that doesn't get used doesn't make the team better, though it probably makes Robert Pera happier.

1 minute ago, Ja_Rules said:

QO Delon and match it, resign Noah cheap, resign JV or TPE Adams. 

That would give us a really deep team. Ultimately it would come down to how good/how fast Ja and Jaren and the other young guys can get.  

6 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

QO Delon and match it (if he isn't overpaid), resign Noah cheap, resign JV (dont overpay) or TPE Adams. 

That's seventeen bodies.  Fifteen is max.  Waive Parsons, pick another to trade (Korver?).

3 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

That's seventeen bodies.  Fifteen is max.  Waive Parsons, pick another to trade (Korver?).

Does Korver have anything left?

Maybe he is a guy that you keep until the trade deadline.

57 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

How about Chevy Chase?!!

Samuel Jackson 

- never forget 

🙃

I want JV and Delon back. Noah is great, but he should go to a contender. Maybe we bring Zeller back if we need a big body, but I think Clarke can and will play Center off the bench. Waive or Trade Korver, since he can't possibly want to be here. Keep Bradley, CJ, Crowder. 

8 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Does Korver have anything left?

Maybe he is a guy that you keep until the trade deadline.

He's by far the oldest, older than coach Jenkins too.  Can't have any adults in the room with the kids.

1 hour ago, BigHunkALove said:

Avery Bradley is missing from the list up top

Not a free agent (yet), and there could be a few more of those guys (Korver included) because they are just non-guaranteed deals.

(Unless something has come out in the last few hours)

32 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

There’s no way they are keeping Bradley. 

1 hour ago, smit-tay griz said:

Pssssssst @Grizzled Vet, I think you should remove that name between Isaiah Thomas and Corey Brewer before Toke sees it and permanently bans you from the entire internet!

Seriously, Delon, JV, and Noah for me.  Other than that maybe Korkmaz or McConnell (TJ always impressed me as a guy who comes through with important or clutch/hustle plays off the bench).

Thanks, edited it as a tribute to LilOJMayo and @10SC-2-TOKYO

2 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

I want JV and Delon back. Noah is great, but he should go to a contender. Maybe we bring Zeller back if we need a big body, but I think Clarke can and will play Center off the bench. Waive or Trade Korver, since he can't possibly want to be here. Keep Bradley, CJ, Crowder. 

I seriously doubt Clark will ever see time at center.  At 207 lbs he is far too light to play center, and if he ever gains enough weight to play there it's unlikely he will have the same athletic ability.

3 minutes ago, jtp0000 said:

There’s no way they are keeping Bradley. 

If I had to rank what is most likely, and I think it is the same for Korver (except more likely to keep Bradley over Korver).

1. Deal Bradley to a team trying to shed salary (Take on future draft pick in deal).

2. Waive Bradley

3. Bradley on roster.

Honestly, I don't know what AB is like, but there is value to keeping him on roster.  He's a guy that doesn't need to have the ball in his hand and can play defense.  But I still see the other things as more likely.