Sign in to follow this  
Grizzled Vet

Grizzlies/NBA Free Agency Thread

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

I'm not understanding from the player's point of view why this is done.  I can see why team's may want to.

You don't think that maybe Avery wants to stay in Memphis?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

Spanish press is stating Mirotic's people have denied the news about his signing with FC Barcelona. Keep in mind that FIBA players have different agents in the US and abroad, so who knows. He'd be leaving a lot of money on the table if he went back to Spain though.

Niko Mirotic signing for 6 years and $79.7 million in US dollars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Parsons_Refund said:

Clarke is a rich man’s Randle that actually plays defense.

Randle averaged 21 and 9 last season. These two players aren't very comparable yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point, I hope we just sign JV, maybe a trade for a vet SG like Fournier and just hold firm after that.. We need a legit NBA starter to help take pressure off of Ja nd JJJ. 

I'm not sure what their plans are with Bradley. I would assume they think they have a trade on the table if they extended the deadline, otherwise they are just delaying the inevitable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

At this point, I hope we just sign JV, maybe a trade for a vet SG like Fournier and just hold firm after that.. We need a legit NBA starter to help take pressure off of Ja nd JJJ. 

I'm not sure what their plans are with Bradley. I would assume they think they have a trade on the table if they extended the deadline, otherwise they are just delaying the inevitable. 

Vuc is expected to sign a 4 year 100 mil contract. I have a feeling that places Jonas right where I thought at 4-60/75 mil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

At this point, I hope we just sign JV, maybe a trade for a vet SG like Fournier and just hold firm after that.. We need a legit NBA starter to help take pressure off of Ja nd JJJ. 

I'm not sure what their plans are with Bradley. I would assume they think they have a trade on the table if they extended the deadline, otherwise they are just delaying the inevitable. 

Yea agreed they should do something like this. With Orlando bringing Vic back I see them looking to remain in trying to be good mode so I'm not so sure Fournier would even be available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

 

Listened to Vernon show and Mike Wallace and he both said that Crowder stated he wanted to stay and play for Grizz.    They penciled him in as Starting SF because we don't know what Kyle status is after surgery.    They also mentioned that Avery didn't have much to do with team after his injury and didn't seem motivated to come back.   

Well, here's his Twitter profile pic so I'd say he's fine playing for the Grizz:

 

n0Lt4Tr__400x400.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Memphis Maverick said:

Vuc is expected to sign a 4 year 100 mil contract. I have a feeling that places Jonas right where I thought at 4-60/75 mil

Sounds like the Mavs are giving Dwight Powell a 3 year, $33 mil extension. I don't wanna pay Jonas more than 3, $39 mil but I expect a 4 year deal in that $60-70 mil range now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ndq0327 said:

Yea agreed they should do something like this. With Orlando bringing Vic back I see them looking to remain in trying to be good mode so I'm not so sure Fournier would even be available.

Maybe Bradley extending has something to do with the cap numbers and Utah deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Sounds like the Mavs are giving Dwight Powell a 3 year, $33 mil extension. I don't wanna pay Jonas more than 3, $39 mil but I expect a 4 year deal in that $60-70 mil range now. 

How are you even comparing Powell to Jonas? They aren’t even in the same league 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/28/2019 at 6:35 PM, UkGrizz said:

I think you only get tpe's when you're over the cap so you can't use space and the tpe.

You're right. I was mixing two topics. I was basically describing how we could have enough space to acquire a player, preferably a starter. One way is to figure out a way to clear cap space and get under the cap- waive these non-guaranteed deal players, stretch Parsons and then trade assets.I am in not in favor of that, just explaining that we could create cap space.  Another way is to use the TPE which is $25 mil. i just conflated those two in my explanation without clarifying. 

My overall point is that we shouldn't count ourselves out just because we're over the cap. There are ways to be crafty to get the talent you want especially being that we have a $25 mil TPE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

How are you even comparing Powell to Jonas? They aren’t even in the same league 😂

You're misunderstanding. I'm not comparing Powell to JV. I'm saying that my original stance on JV after he opted out was we shouldn't go over 3 years, $39 mil for a C like that.  With the news that the Mavs are going to give Powell a 3 year, $33 mil extension, I'm saying that i expect JV to get more than I originally thought because this gives his team leveraging power. All they have to do is say that JV is way better than Powell and set their price after that. I think that Powell's extension may have helped JV get a bigger contract is what I'm saying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

You're misunderstanding. I'm not comparing Powell to JV. I'm saying that my original stance on JV after he opted out was we shouldn't go over 3 years, $39 mil for a C like that.  With the news that the Mavs are going to give Powell a 3 year, $33 mil extension, I'm saying that i expect JV to get more than I originally thought because this gives his team leveraging power. All they have to do is say that JV is way better than Powell and set their price after that. I think that Powell's extension may have helped JV get a bigger contract is what I'm saying. 

I think Vuc contract helped him as well. I got what you are saying now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With us extending the deadline for Bradley, I expect a trade for a starter to come through. I could see us packaging Bradley, Korver and probably Miles to some team that is going in a different direction and wants to dump a high dollar player that still produces. I want to hold firm but there's absolutely no reason for them to extend that Bradley deadline unless they have some deal on the table. Which leads me to believe a trade will happen with his contract bundled with some other guys on the team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

With us extending the deadline for Bradley, I expect a trade for a starter to come through. I could see us packaging Bradley, Korver and probably Miles to some team that is going in a different direction and wants to dump a high dollar player that still produces. I want to hold firm but there's absolutely no reason for them to extend that Bradley deadline unless they have some deal on the table. Which leads me to believe a trade will happen with his contract bundled with some other guys on the team. 

My thoughts as well.  What do you mean you want to hold firm?  You want them to hang on to those guys?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can AB be trade  to the clips if they want to dump some of gallo salary?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

Can AB be trade  to the clips if they want to dump some of gallo salary?

No.  Rules prohibit a team reacquiring a player they traded away for one year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Zappastache said:

Randle averaged 21 and 9 last season. These two players aren't very comparable yet. 

Randle was also a good defender in LA switch 1-5 pretty often no idea what happen to him but he could be very good if he can do that again and keep up on offense .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

My thoughts as well.  What do you mean you want to hold firm?  You want them to hang on to those guys?

No, probably not the right term. I don't want them to go out and try to acquire some big FA or big trade acquisition that is high risk/high reward and ties up tons of cap space. I want them to get a competent decent vet to start at SG and re-sign JV and leave it at that as far as new acquisitions.

I think this Bradley extension signals a trade of some kind. Who knows, maybe it's for cap space but I think they have something pretty close to being done at this point if they extended the deadline. The question is what. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

No, probably not the right term. I don't want them to go out and try to acquire some big FA or big trade acquisition that is high risk/high reward and ties up tons of cap space. I want them to get a competent decent vet to start at SG and re-sign JV and leave it at that as far as new acquisitions.

I think this Bradley extension signals a trade of some kind. Who knows, maybe it's for cap space but I think they have something pretty close to being done at this point if they extended the deadline. The question is what. 

I really don't see any other reason for Bradley's date being extended.  I wonder who it could be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Well, here's his Twitter profile pic so I'd say he's fine playing for the Grizz:

 

n0Lt4Tr__400x400.jpg

I want to keep him long term

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Don't want Gallo.  We already have 19 combo forwards.    We need a SF that is a true wing.   Gordon is cool but HOU wants a pick for him.    

Brogdon is only dude worth throwing money at in FA and we aren't at the point where it makes sense to do it. 

Didn't the Grizz pass up an opportunity to draft him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this