Sign in to follow this  
Grizzled Vet

Grizzlies/NBA Free Agency Thread

6 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

Tyler Johnson is the only youngish guy on the buyout market right now. And he's only not great. 

like a year younger than Dion but worse

10 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

Tyler Johnson is the only youngish guy on the buyout market right now. And he's only not great. 

9 hours ago, The Stro Show said:

like a year younger than Dion but worse

So that is it, we better play our own guys than bringing someone that will take their playing time and will not be a long term player. 

45 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

So that is it, we better play our own guys than bringing someone that will take their playing time and will not be a long term player. 

The players that are being bought out are players that aren't difference makers on the court, they may have a skill set that would seem to be of value to a team but unless your desperate for that skill set they just take up valuable roster space

Just now, Rdk4121 said:

Ryan Broekoff or however you spell it just got waived. He's a 40% 3 point shooter. 

Wow he is 29y old but skillset-wise that is the type of player i would want a look at.  

14 hours ago, CarloJ63 said:

Why not Wayne Ellington?  Can he still shoot?

We should look at him and Courtney Lee.

Our roster is currently overloaded with "grit/grind" types.  We need some extra 3 point shooting.  Bonus points for VETERAN 3 point shooters.

17 minutes ago, dy_dy_dynomite said:

we are  better off using that last spot on a g league player. 

Technically we should throw Yuta a bone and give him a non-guaranteed deal if no one else of interest pops up.   Basically reward him for being a Good Hustle player. 

56 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Technically we should throw Yuta a bone and give him a non-guaranteed deal if no one else of interest pops up.   Basically reward him for being a Good Hustle player. 

Love Yuta.

its his turn

7 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Wow he is 29y old but skillset-wise that is the type of player i would want a look at.  

he's not very good doubt he'd make a 10 man rotation in the Aussie team

37 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Love Yuta.

its his turn

I could see him taking Josh's spot on the roster if we don't resign him.

Neither are great at shooting or even scoring, but Yuta seems better in terms of (at least) defense and ball handling.  More of a high-motor guy too.

Winslow/Slo Mo/Yuta could be our small forward (small ball 4) rotation next season -- assuming Clarke doesn't get many minutes at the 3, Dillon mainly plays the 2, and we fail (again) to get a prototype small forward who can actually SHOOT.

Yea  not seeing anybody potentially on buyout market that would be worth picking up.    Sign me up for giving Yuta the spot after AS break.   Let him, Josh and Jordan fight it out for the last forward spot next season.    Besides it'll be good to reward our Japanese fans. 

3 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

You saying give him a Non-guaranteed contract and giving someone else his 2 way contract

Just now, dy_dy_dynomite said:

You saying give him a Non-guaranteed contract and giving someone else his 2 way contract

Right.   He has been on a two-way for two seasons now.   Give him the true call-up.    He at least has the athleticism to play a role in NBA if he works on his shooting. 

28 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Yea  not seeing anybody potentially on buyout market that would be worth picking up.    Sign me up for giving Yuta the spot after AS break.   Let him, Josh and Jordan fight it out for the last forward spot next season.    Besides it'll be good to reward our Japanese fans. 

In limited minutes, Yuta looks like a faster Slo Mo.  so.. just Mo???

4 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Love Yuta.

its his turn

I’m on the Yuta train as well. I have nothing to back this up other than a gut feeling. He needs some time, at least what Gudric got.

3 hours ago, grizz1016 said:

We should look at Jamal Crawford. He still has some juice left and will be a good veteran presence

I love this idea.

On 2/10/2020 at 3:57 PM, GrizzTigerFan said:

Do we have capspace to be players in buyout market?

all buyout market guys are min salary (no team has any cap space left)...you can add min salary always

I think Yuta's time with the big club will last a while this season. He hasn't been up for very long after all. He gets "45 days" but with the Hustle in town that only counts when he is traveling with the team or sitting on the bench at games.