Sign in to follow this  
Grizzled Vet

Grizzlies/NBA Free Agency Thread

With free agency soon starting, here are list of free agents for discussion.  

Current Grizzlies free agents: Delon Wright (RFA), Tyler Dorsey (RFA), JV, Joakim Noah, Justin Holiday, Tyler Zeller (I believe Yuta is technically a RFA)

Remaining free agents - please feel free to correct or update status (like various club or player options).  Generally, I didn't list a guy if they didn't average 15 mpg or more (Unless they at one time were a discussion topic on this board or former Grizzlies player).  I'm using the Spotrac.com player positions, which differ from other sites.

Guards: Kyrie, Jimmy Bulter, Klay, Rubio, JJ Redick, Kemba, KCP, Alec Burks, Terrence Ross, Shumpert, Danny Green, Darren Collison, Rondo, Jerryd Bayless, Garrett Temple, Cory Joseph, Jeremy Lamb, Mario Hezonja, Ish Smith, Patrick Beverly, D'Angelo Russel (RFA), Lance Stephenson, George Hill, Glenn Robinson, JJ Barea, Rodney Hood, Emmanuel Mudiay(RFA),Troy Daniels, Tomas Satoransky (RFA)Elfrid Payton, Seth Curry, Reggie Bullock, Ray Felton, Vince Carter, Devin Harris, Jamal Crawford, Derrick Rose, Jose Calderon, Wayne Ellington, Terry Rozier (RFA), Q Pondexter, Isaiah Thomas, Shelvin "LilTokeFan" Mack, Corey Brewer, Jerian Grant(RFA), Justin Anderson (RFA), Ian Clark, Tyus Jones (RFA), David Nwaba(RFA), Furkan Korkmaz, Wayne Selden (RFA), Ryan Arcidiacono (RFA), Trey Burke, Malcolm Brogdon (RFA)Austin Rivers, Michael Carter-Williams, Rodney McGruder (RFA), TJ McConnell, Chasson Randle (RFA), Wes Matthews, Edmond Sumner, Jeremy Lin, Nik Stauskas, Tim Frazier, Jimmer Fredette, RJ Hunter

Forwards: KD, Kawhi, Paul Millsap, Harrison Barnes, Tobias Harris, Khris MiddletonTrevor Ariza, DeMarre Carroll, Jabari Parker, Kristaps (RFA), Taj Gibson, Thaddeus Young, Wilson Chandler, Bojan Bogdanovic, Rudy Gay, Jared Dudley, Julius Randle, JaM Green, Nikola Mirotic, Al-Farouq Aminu, Ant Tolliver, Thabo Sefolosha, Marcus & Markieff Morris, Mike Muscala, Dragan Bender, Easy Ed, Mike Scott, Stanley Johnson (RFA), Marquise Chriss, Frank Kaminsk(RFA), Trey Lyles (RFA), Dante Cunningham, Jeff Green, Luol Deng, Kelly Oubre (RFA), Jerebko, Darius Miller, Sam Dekker (RFA), James Ennis, Bobby Portis (RFA), Rondae H-J, Noah Vonleh, Luke Kornet (RFA), Jarell Martin (RFA)Richaun Holmes, Jake Layman (RFA), Dorian F-S (RFA), Maxi Kleber (RFA), Kenneth Faried, Danuel House (RFA), Troy Williams (RFA), Jaron Blossomgame (RFA), Lance Thomas, Jordan Bell, Daniel Theis

Centers (12 mpg or more): Al Horford, D Jordan, Marc (PO), Robin & Brook Lopez, Nikola Vucevic, Kosta K, Dewayne Dedmon, DeMarcus Cousins, Kyle O'Quinn, Willie C-S (RFA), Nene, JaVale McGee, Tyson Chandler, Kevin Looney, Ivica Zubac (RFA), Thomas Bryant (RFA), Enes Kanter,  Salah Mejri, Pau Gasol, Khem Birch (RFA), Zaza and Bogut, Boban Marjanovic, Greg Monroe, Nerlens Noel.

Former Grizzlies are italicized, but I'm not sure I got them all.

Because of drug suspension, Tyreke Evans has been removed from list... And the NBA

I want Delon and Joakim back, JV if the money is right. 

I think I’d target Jeremy Lin as a potential backup PG or third PG if Delon comes back. 

As for C’s, if JV doesn’t come back I’d go after Robin Lopez or Zaza. Looney too but all indications are the Warriors are going to pay him. 

I want Dorsey and Delon back.

Don't target anyone try to trade our vets for assets. 

I kinda understand the whys of getting rid of this player and adding that player - numbers/ money/ whatever else

BUT

all of these works on paper proposals do not put butts in the seats.

Roll out guys that I can root for.

Noah - check

JV - check 

Delon Wright - check

13 and Ja - yup and yup 

the 21st pick guy - don’t remember his name yet but the highlights and write ups tab him as the perfect player for me to get behind.

dont destroy the whole fan experience for a few years for a chance to make it to the finals and an even smaller chance of winning it all in 2039 ! 

Some of these 2k trade machine written in chalk on a sidewalk on a rainy day proposals no.  

JUST. NO!

Be honest with yourselves- would YOU pay money to see the lineups that some are rolling out here?

would you

Buy a jersey of a guy that you KNOW won’t be here long enough for you to rock it strong?

Would you 

Get downtown, pay to park , purchase a ticket , buy some popcorn , bbq nachos and a beverage or two to watch random ‘fits-on-paper ‘ guys as they ‘represent’ Our City on a rainy Tuesday evening after a long day at work?

Entertain me . Don’t try to hustle me .

*Brandon Clarke - that’s his name *

We should go after Chandler Parsons this year.(2016)

^^^^I remember a few posters saying that a few years ago and we are still paying for it.

I like Bryant , Kleber , Laymen , Payton . depends on who's sticking around from our team though.

8 minutes ago, costarica2 said:

^^^^I remember a few posters saying that a few years ago and we are still paying for it.

The problem wasn't targeting Parsons (I don't know if I wanted to or not, but I probably would have thought the Grizzlies had no chance).  The problem was the ignoring of the medical information and still going forward with signing him.

4 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

The problem wasn't targeting Parsons (I don't know if I wanted to or not, but I probably would have thought the Grizzlies had no chance).  The problem was the ignoring of the medical information and still going forward with signing him.

Good thread GV...

who’d you pick?

Avery Bradley is missing from the list up top

Pssssssst @Grizzled Vet, I think you should remove that name between Isaiah Thomas and Corey Brewer before Toke sees it and permanently bans you from the entire internet!

Seriously, Delon, JV, and Noah for me.  Other than that maybe Korkmaz or McConnell (TJ always impressed me as a guy who comes through with important or clutch/hustle plays off the bench).

3 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Pssssssst @Grizzled Vet, I think you should remove that name between Isaiah Thomas and Corey Brewer before Toke sees it and permanently bans you from the entire internet!

Seriously, Delon, JV, and Noah for me.  Other than that maybe Korkmaz or McConnell (TJ always impressed me as a guy who comes through with important or clutch/hustle plays off the bench).

yeah McConnell would be a good backup if Delon bolted.

Question: If Dinwiddie wanted out, and Kyrie comes in, and they try to keep DeAngelo, can we use the TPE to take on Dinwiddie?

38 minutes ago, costarica2 said:

Half the people on that list are gonna be Chandler Parsons within 2 years.

40 minutes ago, costarica2 said:

I don’t remember anyone saying that and if they did they didn’t know his knees were shot 

10 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

First time when I glanced at the list I saw that Beverly D'Angelo is a free agent. Who knew?

How about Chevy Chase?!!

Draft

Trades

That's the only way we should build our team we always have to overpay below average guys in order come here (Parsons)(Kyle Anderson more recently).

I would be super happy if we don't do anything at all this year even if it means losing a guy like Delon who I really like. 

16 minutes ago, costarica2 said:

Draft

Trades

That's the only way we should build our team we always have to overpay below average guys in order come here (Parsons)(Kyle Anderson more recently).

I would be super happy if we don't do anything at all this year even if it means losing a guy like Delon who I really like. 

How would that help the team?

1 hour ago, Joey Crawford said:

I want Jonas, Delon, and Noah back, as well.   

Same for me + JJ reddick could be a good choice, good shooters and can be one of the leader in locker room.

1 hour ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

I like Bryant , Kleber , Laymen , Payton . depends on who's sticking around from our team though.

Elfrid does make some sense. I think you need a bigger guard to protect Ja. 

Just now, jtp0000 said:

Elfrid does make some sense. I think you need a bigger guard to protect Ja. 

I thought that was Delon's role