Ole Dirty Klondike

Summer League Signings

I think he has the ability to get a real contract if he performs well in summer league and we can use that second 2 way for a summer league star like we did Yuta last season.

Who is this guy?

Just now, grizzgolf said:

Who is this guy?

Mid major sleeper who will likely look good in summer league but overwhelmed in pre season

Some body on Real GM did spreadsheets on the top draftees by position and they couldn't even find John Konchar's stats.

Yeah he looks like a summer league/2 Way guy. But if he can light it up he get get a spot on the main roster.

1 minute ago, WVgrizz said:

Analytic guys wet dream super efficient and not many mistakes . his advanced stats are really impressive , he can kind of do a little of everything and can play 2 and maybe some point guard as a 3rd stir get like Dorsey late last year .

4 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Some body on Real GM did spreadsheets on the top draftees by position and they couldn't even find John Konchar's stats.

Yeah he looks like a summer league/2 Way guy. But if he can light it up he get get a spot on the main roster.

Im guess they didnt really look that hard lol.

7 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

I think he has the ability to get a real contract if he performs well in summer league and we can use that second 2 way for a summer league star like we did Yuta last season.

Heard Yuta will probably be back

We will just have to see on him cause he looks like someone who should have grad transfered to a bigger school to get some exposure. 

2 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Yea he's going to be back on a two way I hope he's gotten better cause I liked him in summer league and he played well for the hustle I feel like he'd be good enough to be an end of the bench guy full time.

John Konchar, Purdue-Fort Wayne: This 23-year-old guard from Purdue-Fort Wayne was the most statistically dominant college player you’ve never heard of. He led the NCAA with a 63 percent true shooting percentage and led in offensive rating, and even though he’s just 6-foot-5, he had the second-best rebound rate. For his college career, he shot 42 percent from behind the arc. Konchar is 23 and played in the Summit League, which dulls his luster a bit. But his playmaking and shooting should make him a useful player, even if that happens to be for a team in the G League or in Europe. 

http://www.barttorvik.com/playerstat.php?year=2018&t=Fort Wayne&p=John+Konchar

Hes rank 17 on the Carmelo projections .

I always love when they say a guard is just 6'5 lol .

wEUaRKz.png

Rz9jtcf.pngVvWM6qV.pngIwAeSSQ.pngDPJZwQI.pngiuQ3c34.png

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=75840585#p75840585

John Konchar – His stats are spectacular across the board except for his free-throw shooting, but the Summit League has basically put one guy into the NBA recently. That guy was George Hill. Now, Konchar’s numbers are all better than Hills, so we can’t dismiss the possibility that he’s got what it takes. His results as a passer leave open the possibility that he could be a big point guard in the NBA too, which everyone loves. 

Those of you impressed with highlight films will be impressed.  Just like Ja ... he never misses a shot!

9 minutes ago, pjs said:

Those of you impressed with highlight films will be impressed.  Just like Ja ... he never misses a shot!

Right?!?

its amazing how they never miss a shot in their highlights!

🤣💨

41 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

Analytic guys wet dream super efficient and not many mistakes . his advanced stats are really impressive , he can kind of do a little of everything and can play 2 and maybe some point guard as a 3rd stir get like Dorsey late last year .

I'm not dumping on you, but this is why I don't put a lot of stock into analytics. Many analytical stats depend heavily on the level of competition. Purdue Fort Wayne played some really crappy teams. Being on a "low level" team playing against some very low level teams will create stats that should not be held up against players on top college teams. Kind of like you or me playing ten games against 5th graders and one or two against a college team. Extreme, silly example but you get what I'm saying.

8 minutes ago, Father Pat said:

I'm not dumping on you, but this is why I don't put a lot of stock into analytics. Many analytical stats depend heavily on the level of competition. Purdue Fort Wayne played some really crappy teams. Being on a "low level" team playing against some very low level teams will create stats that should not be held up against players on top college teams. Kind of like you or me playing ten games against 5th graders and one or two against a college team. Extreme, silly example but you get what I'm saying.

Can say the same about JA . I'm just postinf info and giving folks the rundown on what we got . 

1 minute ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

Can say the same about JA . I'm just postinf info and giving folks the rundown on what we got .

Like I said, I wasn't dumping on you and appreciate it when anyone goes to the trouble of posting stats. It's just that a guy playing for Purdue Fort Wayne (not THAT Purdue 😄) stats shouldn't be as relevant in my opinion, that's all. Just my little beef with analytics.

4 minutes ago, Father Pat said:

Like I said, I wasn't dumping on you and appreciate it when anyone goes to the trouble of posting stats. It's just that a guy playing for Purdue Fort Wayne (not THAT Purdue 😄) stats shouldn't be as relevant in my opinion, that's all. Just my little beef with analytics.

Youre right . but it does show he can light it up and is just an all around well rounded kind of player . I mean hes undrafted a call up or Dorsey like role for him would be a win imo.

I'm sure it is just because he was at a small school, but he averaged 8.5 rebounds as a guard. Combined with 19.5 points on 55% shooting and 38% from 3 and 5.4 assists, this dude was a baller. He seems pretty athletic in those clips as well, good handle, active defensively with all those blocks. Might never amount to anything, but I wouldn't be surprised if he does. 

15 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

Youre right . but it does show he can light it up and is just an all around well rounded kind of player . 

That's a good point. Like with Yuta. He showed that he could get it done at lower levels. I honestly believe what keeps Yuta from being better at the pro level is simply confidence. He's too timid. If you have two role players with equal talent, the guy with more attitude will win out. You have to have enough talent to get an opportunity and then have the fire to show it.

1 hour ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Yeh he gave up his # to get the 2nd 2 way 😂