CarloJ63

Summer League Team 2019

Okay, so what players that didn't get drafted do we contact about playing on our Summer League Team?  

Since we know Ja won't be playing, how about that Jeremiah Martin kid from Memphis?  I remember seeing someone on the boards hyping this guy, but I don't know anything about him.  Also if we bring in Tacko Fall, AltGrind might have an aneurysm.

Martin plays with Miami

Here's all the guys we know so far

Jevon Carter 

Grayson Allen

Tyler Dorsey (maybe not sure if they extended the qualifying offer)

Yuta 

John Konchar

Ivan 

Simi 

Don't expect to see Jaren playing or Dillon I really feel like Bruno has been in the league too long to play I'm not sure though. And Ja won't play

Jeremiah Martin has signed an Exhibit 10 contract with the Heat, if I'm not mistaken.

So far, Vandy's Simi Shi*tu is playing on our team and Clarke, Jevon, Bruno, Allen, Yuta and John Konchar (newly signed two-way player, takes the place of Washburn) are playing too. And I expect Dorsey to play but I'm not so sure about that.

Jon Elmore from Marshall would be interesting to add to the team for summer league 

We should look at 2 guards who can score and shoot.  So I guess we are giving Konchar and audition.  Aubrey Dawkins would be worth looking into.  

Moses Brown might be the best old school big man out there if you are into that sort of thing.  

2 hours ago, CarloJ63 said:

Okay, so what players that didn't get drafted do we contact about playing on our Summer League Team?  

Since we know Ja won't be playing, how about that Jeremiah Martin kid from Memphis?  I remember seeing someone on the boards hyping this guy, but I don't know anything about him.  Also if we bring in Tacko Fall, AltGrind might have an aneurysm.

Tacko is with Celtics.

Dedric Lawson with Warriors

It's tough to make it in the NBA or even the G-League.  

I wonder if there is a list of guys that left school early and didn't get drafted/signed (I think 86 declared for draft)

One of those guys I would like to see is Jalen Lecque.  Although I think he went to about 3 HS's and didn't go to any college, which is fine (signed with Suns I see now).

7 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

Martin plays with Miami

Here's all the guys we know so far

Jevon Carter 

Grayson Allen

Tyler Dorsey (maybe not sure if they extended the qualifying offer)

Yuta 

John Konchar

Ivan 

Simi 

Don't expect to see Jaren playing or Dillon I really feel like Bruno has been in the league too long to play I'm not sure though. And Ja won't play

Ivan's already two years in.  Doubt he plays.

I kinda like this roster

11 hours ago, dy_dy_dynomite said:

We also we got Lyle Hexom

I watched some video on this guy and he can hit some pretty deep 3's...

Why isn’t Dillon playing? I’m not sure if he’s played himself beyond this point yet

8 minutes ago, Allen said:

Why isn’t Dillon playing? I’m not sure if he’s played himself beyond this point yet

They didn't play him last year because they figured didn't need to after he already played 82 games.  Summer league is not a development league.  It's for player evaluation.  They get to look at their new players and other unsigned prospects.  They can get a good look at the new guys so they can properly implement development programs for them.  If they can't evaluate Dillon after having played 100 NBA games something is wrong with the staff.  They have lots of video in real NBA games to figure out what he is and what he needs to improve.

Shaq Buchanon from Murray St will play with the Grizz 

On 6/22/2019 at 2:34 PM, smit-tay griz said:

They didn't play him last year because they figured didn't need to after he already played 82 games.  Summer league is not a development league.  It's for player evaluation.  They get to look at their new players and other unsigned prospects.  They can get a good look at the new guys so they can properly implement development programs for them.  If they can't evaluate Dillon after having played 100 NBA games something is wrong with the staff.  They have lots of video in real NBA games to figure out what he is and what he needs to improve.

I believe the same could be said about Grayson Allen.

The benefit to having Grayson and Dillon out in Vegas (or any Grizzlies player) is to have them working within Jenkins system, but those guys, especially Dillon, should not be playing in the games and risk injury.

I suppose if they aren't sold on Rabb, they may want to see him playing against his potential replacements.  In fact if Rabb is playing, he needs to know he's playing for his job.

2 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I believe the same could be said about Grayson Allen.

The benefit to having Grayson and Dillon out in Vegas (or any Grizzlies player) is to have them working within Jenkins system, but those guys, especially Dillon, should not be playing in the games and risk injury.

I suppose if they aren't sold on Rabb, they may want to see him playing against his potential replacements.  In fact if Rabb is playing, he needs to know he's playing for his job.

Rabb has an unguaranteed contract so he very well could be playing for his job.

This is in the rarely seen Media Forum on this board, but the Grizzlies did give the schedule for Vegas.

Isn't July 6th the first day Clarke can join the team?

Saturday, July 6 Indian Pacers 6 pm 4 pm COX Pavilion NBA TV
Sunday, July 7 Los Angeles Clippers 10:30 pm 8:30 pm Thomas & Mack ESPN2
Tuesday, July 9 Phoenix Suns 6:30 pm 4:30 pm Thomas & Mack ESPN2
Thursday, July 11 Boston Celtics 9:30 pm 7:30 pm Thomas & Mack ESPN2

Yes. Brandon Clarke doesn’t officially become a Grizzly until July 6

Yea but he was in Memphis yesterday so I wonder how does that work can he work out with the guys here?

According to Vernon most of the Hustle's main guys will be on the SL team plus the guys we've mentioned. Keenan Evans from Texas Tech was also named. Then Jevon, Yuta, Grayson and Clarke (July 6) and Bruno and Ivan will play a couple games.

TylerHarvey should put up alot of shots the Grizz actually own his rights he scored 50 in a game for the Hustle last year

3 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

According to Vernon most of the Hustle's main guys will be on the SL team plus the guys we've mentioned. Keenan Evans from Texas Tech was also named. Then Jevon, Yuta, Grayson and Clarke (July 6) and Bruno and Ivan will play a couple games.

TylerHarvey should put up alot of shots the Grizz actually own his rights he scored 50 in a game for the Hustle last year

Can't wait to see our first look at Grayson in a Grizz uniform