Sign in to follow this  
WVgrizz

Change, Identity, and all points in between

11 hours ago, CoolHandGriz said:

That would be if we stretched the contract. A buyout is all at once.

Ah yeah my bad.  Been looking at stretching him so long I had it in my head when they said buyout :D

On 6/21/2019 at 1:01 PM, gentlemanquartely said:

thought i read somewhere on here there was discussion about a buyout w/parsons.  anyone heard that?

Chris Herrington said he didn’t expect Parsons being on the roster when the season begins. Everything else is people making up stuff.

13 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Chris Herrington said he didn’t expect Parsons being on the roster when the season begins. Everything else is people making up stuff.

Maybe that's why we wanted a future Utah pick . I think our FO could pull something off with that and maybe get a guy that aint so good but comes in a fits in like AB. 

26 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

Maybe that's why we wanted a future Utah pick . I think our FO could pull something off with that and maybe get a guy that aint so good but comes in a fits in like AB. 

It could also mean that they're just going to waive him.  I really don't see anyone trading for that contract and it just might be better to not have him around, unless we think Ja, Jaren, and Brandon need a guide to all the top nightclubs.

8 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

It could also mean that they're just going to waive him.  I really don't see anyone trading for that contract and it just might be better to not have him around, unless we think Ja, Jaren, and Brandon need a guide to all the top nightclubs.

I mean your right but its not much different than any other salary dump and a 1st to dump 25m isn't really that far off .

On 6/20/2019 at 4:25 PM, Father Pat said:

The success of any organization is dependent on good leadership. The trajectory of the franchise has been steadily downward since Pera took over as owner. The "new" F.O., Wexler and Kleiman, have yet to prove that they are qualified to run a NBA team. They totally botched their first mutual responsibility, this seasons exit interviews. A new head coach was signed and we have yet to know if he will be good or bad. We don't know about the Conley trade yet. The trigger was pulled before the draft which forfeited possible leverage with other teams, but we don't know if other teams were honestly interested. Was the 25 million trade exception something that Kleiman worked to get or was it simply just an unseen benefit that fell into the teams lap? Savvy trading or beginners luck? We don't know. If a deal is soon made that uses the exception then it may answer that question. For now we don't know.  The F.O. has little to no experience and the greatest teacher is mistakes. Mistakes at this junction could mean more years of losing. There is just too much we don't know and with managements silent treatment toward the fan base it makes it harder to grasp at blind faith. If the new head coach works out, if Kleiman got the large trade exception to make the team better, if we sign some or none of our free agents, if we maximize the draft tonight, if Wexler and Kleiman actually are the best people to be running this team. There are a lot of ifs involved with changing the teams trajectory. 

OP says tonight is the most important step in the direction of this franchise. I disagree because the #2 pick is a no-brainer. The most important step was taken when Wexler and Kleiman were hired to run the team. I hope it was a brilliant, outside of the box decision by Pera but there is nothing yet to indicate that it was.

There are some discouraging realities in here that I unfortunately agree with.

Since the ownership change the only consistency has been a ton of turnover in coaches and roster.  That and a gradual erosion of the # of wins per season.

People here can blame Wallace, Gasol, and Conley, but the silent and separated owner is still in charge. Hopefully the establishment of Kleiman's brain trust is an indicator that Pera realizes he needs to disengage from the meddling and stick with a course. But i doubt it does.

My prediction based on what I've seen these last few years:  This year we will be excited for a new change, but the team will be out of the playoff hunt before January 1, and the roster put together to start the season will look very different from the one that ends the season. By 2022, this team will be looking for a new head coach, and many of the fans on this board will want to start dealing player "X" for a shiny new draft pick.

it’s going to be really interesting to see what jjj looks like coming out of the gate this year. to me, he’s the most important element, by far, this year. (in the coming years, it’ll be ja). 

I say this because he knows the ropes coming in. has he put in the work? will he come in with a mental swagger? 

jtrip is the key. 

slim.