Sign in to follow this  
ALBZ

FA Targets

Now that we have traded Mike Conley, shoutout to Mike, who should we target in free agency. I know that we have been fleeced in the past with Parsons, but now seems the time to swing for the fences with a FA acquisition. Jimmy Butler, Demarcus Cousins, Khris Middleton, Tobias to name a few. I personally would love Cousins or Jimmy beside Jaren and Ja.

Not yet people next off season for sure lets see how JA and JJJ play first and then let's see who fits in with them.

Next year when Parsons contract runs out we should have double the cash.

Cousins could be damaged goods. His medicals and asking price would definitely be determining factors. I bet he's going to sign another shorter term deal to prove his health.

Middleton? Yes please.

Tobias? Don't know about fit at his price.

Butler? No sir. Locker room cancer.

Julius Randle, Kelly Oubre would be my top two. Harrison Barnes would be great at the right price, and we'd bring back JV as well. 

So Randle and Oubre or Barnes and JV. We'd be pretty competitive with either combination I think. I think we're pretty set at PG and PF, and serviceable players at the two. 

3 minutes ago, CoolHandGriz said:

Cousins could be damaged goods. His medicals and asking price would definitely be determining factors. I bet he's going to sign another shorter term deal to prove his health.

Middleton? Yes please.

Tobias? Don't know about fit at his price.

Butler? No sir. Locker room cancer.

+1

22 minutes ago, costarica2 said:

Not yet people next off season for sure lets see how JA and JJJ play first and then let's see who fits in with them.

This makes the most sense, I guess.

Any meaningful free agent is not picking Memphis to do a complete rebuild job.  

They just aren't. 

My guess is a resigning of Holiday, keep Delon Wright, and try to keep Noah or Zeller.  

We gained cap space, but lost roster space.

28 minutes ago, costarica2 said:

THIS

We could only use the full mid level this year. Throw it at Kelly Oubre and see if he bites. If not save it for next offseason. 

38 minutes ago, costarica2 said:

Agreed. We need to hope that Ja and JJJ really provide some excitement to lure potential free agents next year.

Hope no one wanted Tyreke Evans. He was just kicked out of the NBA for drugs!

29 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Vince Carter. A cheap vet who won't take a ton of shots.  

I bet Vince signs with the Lakers to go ring chasing.

Not sure where you guys are seeing no cap room. If we waive Bradley and Korver and don't resign anyone (JV, Delon, Noah, Holiday) we'll have about $25 mil in cap space. We can sign a few key pieces and then use bird rights to re-sign JV and Delon. 

That might not be what is best but it's definitely an option. If we wait till next year we'll have like $60 mil in cap space.

My guess is the cap space, if available, will be used to absorb some bad contracts and pick up draft picks.

If it goes to free agents, it going to guys signed mid to late July, not the first week guys.

6 minutes ago, BTiger3733 said:

Not sure where you guys are seeing no cap room. If we waive Bradley and Korver and don't resign anyone (JV, Delon, Noah, Holiday) we'll have about $25 mil in cap space. We can sign a few key pieces and then use bird rights to re-sign JV and Delon. 

That might not be what is best but it's definitely an option. If we wait till next year we'll have like $60 mil in cap space.

Because Delon and JV have cap holds which don’t go away unless you renounce them, which eliminates their bird rights. 

8 minutes ago, BTiger3733 said:

Korver is under contract, at least for a good part of it.

Id rather just wait and see what we got before getting alll googly eyed for a fa this year. Take on some bad contracts and keep adding picks.

Don't want to waste in money on free agents this year unless they fit the age window of Jaren and Ja.

6 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

Yeah flipping contracts for picks is the next play.  Does giving JV a long term deal still make sense? 

No it doesn't at all now just open more space to absorb contracts 

19 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Don't want to waste in money on free agents this year unless they fit the age window of Jaren and Ja.

And thats a pretty short list

Our question now should be do we wanna have tons of room next year or give jjj,Ja and extra year and absorb an extra year of bad salaries to keep adding .

I tbink we should keep AB and kroger now if we cant find a team to take them that wants to waive them . no point in us waiving them imo.