chipc3

2019-20 Roster Predictions

On 7/4/2019 at 1:24 PM, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

user-image-1206823483_thumb.jpg?????????

There’s a blast from the past. I would’ve never remembered that.

So with the Wright S&T, is this the current roster?

Ja/Kyle Anderson/De'Anthony Melton

Grayson Allen/Dillon Brooks

Iggy/Jae/Solomon Hill/Bruno/Josh Jackson

JJJ/Brandon Clarke/Ivan Rabb

JV/Plumlee/Dwight Howard

2-way - Yuta/Konch

Pretty thick at SF, and shallow at C at PG.

2 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

JV/Plumlee/Dwight Howard

2-way - Yuta/Konch

Josh Jackson is supposed to be more of a 2/3, and he looks to have pretty good handles.  I could see him playing SG.  That would give us a little more depth at that spot, and some serious length.  Of course that doesn't help at PG.  I don't see Kyle as PG either.  I think he would be helpful as a secondary playmaker alongside Ja and Melton to help take the pressure off them.  We need another competent ball handler on the roster, unless Iggy actually plays for us, in which case he would be fine.

At center I think two genuine big bodies will be enough.  Jaren could be the third if necessary.  Run JV and whoever backs him up the bulk of minutes, if foul trouble makes it necessary run Jaren with 2 of Bruno/Clarke/Kyle/Jae.

On 7/5/2019 at 5:28 PM, El Guapo said:

There’s a blast from the past. I would’ve never remembered that.

I vaguely remembered it as a kid in the early '80s. i think that's when they discontinued it in the U.S. Commercials for it are on YouTube. 

3 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

JV/Plumlee/Dwight Howard

2-way - Yuta/Konch

I strongly - doubt Iggy will be on the team and if he is, won't be ahead of Bruno. I will guarantee you.. Solomon Hill will not be ahead of Bruno. He's trash and Bruno is good.

I see Howard getting waived and Iggy returning us a player + picks.   Then we add Marko.   

Ja/Melton/???

Josh/Grayson/Marko

Jae/Dillon/HIll

Jaren/Kyle/Bruno

Jonas/Miles/Rabb

Rabb may get to stick around a little longer because he is friends with Jaren.    FO will make all the necessary moves to keep Jaren and Ja for the long haul.   

29 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I see Howard getting waived and Iggy returning us a player + picks.   Then we add Marko.   

Ja/Melton/???

Josh/Grayson/Marko

Jae/Dillon/HIll

Jaren/Kyle/Bruno

Jonas/Miles/Rabb

Rabb may get to stick around a little longer because he is friends with Jaren.    FO will make all the necessary moves to keep Jaren and Ja for the long haul.   

I don't see a professional FO making decisions on the basis of who is friends with whom.

57 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Ja/Melton/???

Josh/Grayson/Marko

Jae/Dillon/HIll

Jaren/Kyle/Bruno

Jonas/Miles/Rabb

Crap i forgot BC...

Scratch Rabb he gotta go for roster spot. 

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Ja/Melton/???

Josh/Grayson/Marko

Jae/Dillon/HIll

Jaren/Kyle/Bruno

Jonas/Miles/Rabb

I think Rabb might stick around just because he hustles, so their not going to release him just to release him but I think he is the first to go if they need a roster spot

2 minutes ago, Ace-is-high said:

BC? That's Bruno right?

Nope Brandon Clarke.   I really need to see him play.  I'd be interesting if they lined him up at backup 5.  

28 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Guess you didnt hear about DeAndre Jordan deal

https://sports.yahoo.com/why-deandre-jordan-most-overpaid-183807924.html

He is BFFs with kyrie and Durant.    Nets already have Jared Allen in that role.

Also the Bucks just signed Giannis brother even though he’s clearly not an nba caliber player 

2 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Nope Brandon Clarke.   I really need to see him play.  I'd be interesting if they lined him up at backup 5.  

Ohhhh that guy, slipped my mind too

8 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

It's weird how well that kid plays with such short arms

2 hours ago, srmjr23 said:

I strongly - doubt Iggy will be on the team and if he is, won't be ahead of Bruno. I will guarantee you.. Solomon Hill will not be ahead of Bruno. He's trash and Bruno is good.

It was not a depth chart or lineup prediction, just an update on current roster.

2 minutes ago, costarica2 said:

Not enough play makers is the issue.

Playmakers.

Ja

Slow mo

And that's it 

Agreed, maybe Josh Jackson can help in that

Call me crazy but i  think Allen will contribute more than people on this board expect. He was a rookie on a good team last year, didn't play much and played in limited minutes. Hopefully, they were trying to develop him in some way. We'll see how he looks in SL but I could see him being a contributor. 

Also, with Josh Jackson, I don't think they brought him here to just give him a chance an dto let him come off of the bench. I get the feeling that is he has a good camp, a starting spot is his to lose. Whether he keeps it or loses it or they don't pick up his option, etc, is all on him and how he responds. 

1 minute ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Call me crazy but i  think Allen will contribute more than people on this board expect. He was a rookie on a good team last year, didn't play much and played in limited minutes. Hopefully, they were trying to develop him in some way. We'll see how he looks in SL but I could see him being a contributor. 

Also, with Josh Jackson, I don't think they brought him here to just give him a chance an dto let him come off of the bench. I get the feeling that is he has a good camp, a starting spot is his to lose. Whether he keeps it or loses it or they don't pick up his option, etc, is all on him and how he responds. 

Agree on both. Allen is nothing spectacular but could be a Marco Bellinelli type role player.

4 hours ago, costarica2 said:

Not enough play makers is the issue.

Playmakers.

Ja

Slow mo

And that's it 

allen is a playmaker.  watched enough of him at duke and in utah to be confident that he can be a secondary playmaker.  gives me heavy ginobili vibes but slightly shorter and potentially better floor spacer.  showed some of that in tonight's SL game.