Sign in to follow this  
First Team All Memphis

Do the injuries the Warriors sustain change things for the Grizzlies?

Recommended Posts

As you all know, the warriors suffered some major injuries that, at the very least, will alter their 2019 season and maybe beyond.. Needless to say, the league and more specifically, the western conference is now WIDE OPEN. Teams don't really need to focus on, "how can we build a team to beat the warriors" anymore. I think the major conversation going on in just bout every front office now is how they can build a roster to compete. In regards to the grizzlies, if they were thinking rebuild or semi rebuild before, do they think they have more of a shot this year? I've said before in this forum that bringing back the starting 5 from last year to see how it works out, could yield us a pretty competitive and likely playoff team. JV in opinion, is gonna come back. Finding a way to bring back AB is paramount. if the starting 5 is Conley, ab, Kyle, jjj, and jv with ja, Dillon, miles, bruno, Rabb, and a combination of other talent coming off the bench, could that team not gel and maybe be in contention? I think so. again, the warriors seemingly falling apart changes how the west may be won this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It makes the market for Mike Conley better.  Teams will want that last piece to get over the hump.

No, it doesn’t change anything as far as keeping him goes.  There’s absolutely zero percent he’s on the roster come opening night.  Zero.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Parsons_Refund said:

It makes the market for Mike Conley better.  Teams will want that last piece to get over the hump.

No, it doesn’t change anything as far as keeping him goes.  There’s absolutely zero percent he’s on the roster come opening night.  Zero.  

we dont know that. I think its 50/50

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, First Team All Memphis said:

we dont know that. I think its 50/50

It's 0% let it go he's gone and it's ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Parsons_Refund said:

It makes the market for Mike Conley better.  Teams will want that last piece to get over the hump.

No, it doesn’t change anything as far as keeping him goes.  There’s absolutely zero percent he’s on the roster come opening night.  Zero.  

Want to give odds? Let's slap some money on this, since you're so confident.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

It's 0% let it go he's gone and it's ok

Then why isn't he gone then? There is no reason why they couldn't have traded him already. And yet, there is no offers that have even been made public at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mike is the just before closing time semi hot chick that looks a WHOLE lot better through beer goggles at last call.  I dont think he is going home alone but he's going to get picked up late after all the hotties have left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gradey said:

Mike is the just before closing time semi hot chick that looks a WHOLE lot better through beer goggles at last call.  I dont think he is going home alone but he's going to get picked up late after all the hotties have left.

🤣🤣🤣 great analogy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No! It's time to plan for the future and build a championship contender and not put patches on a sinking ship.  If anything it makes Mike Conley more valuable for a trade.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Then why isn't he gone then? There is no reason why they couldn't have traded him already. And yet, there is no offers that have even been made public at this point.

Because he's so valuable that he is everyones back up plan that's why he's not gone..  His contract is too big, he's old, and there are either younger, more talented, or easier to obtain pgs at play. It all depends if the Grizz want to trade him on draft night or wait till everyone is done with their plan A,B,C. If Mike had a normal 25mil ish contract he'd be traded by now. 

They aren't keeping him idk why that's so hard to accept for some people on on here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ndq0327 said:

Because he's so valuable that he is everyones back up plan that's why he's not gone..  His contract is too big, he's old, and there are either younger, more talented, or easier to obtain pgs at play. It all depends if the Grizz want to trade him on draft night or wait till everyone is done with their plan A,B,C. If Mike had a normal 25mil ish contract he'd be traded by now. 

They aren't keeping him idk why that's so hard to accept for some people on on here.

By my count, I don't see any more compelling reasons that the grizzlies would deal Conley than they had at the deadline. Utah has nobody the grizzlies want, and I don't see Exum as any better than Bruno at this point, so I'm still not sure why he would have been the lynchpin in a deal. Trading a great scorer and shooter for 2 non-shooters in (exum and rubio).

The celtics and Danny Ainge  are already in full devaluing mode with Anthony Davis as if their trade assets are Gold that everybody else are salivating to get to. When the reality is, they have middling assets that aren't really worth that much. I assume that they feel that they can offer anything to the grizzlies for Conley and the grizzlies will jump at, but I wouldn't bet on that. The league knows that Ainge is more desperate than he lets on. But the point is, they want to get Davis on the cheap, so imagine what they would want get for conley.

As far as the pacers are concerned, I haven't heard any deals that they are willing to do. They would more than likely be offering Doug Mcdermott, Darren Collison and a late round draft pick. 

The lakers might want Mike, if they can do a deal for a salary dump for mike. 

And New York has no interest.

Who does that leave with any serious interest? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen enough horror movies to believe the Warriors dynasty isn't dead.

You think they are dead, everyone is thinking and talking like it is over, but then they sit up like the Undertaker and cause havoc.

 

Until Durant and Klay sign elsewhere, that team is just on pause for a season.  And even then, Curry and Draymond and a roster of guys that go through training camp with them, will be very competitive.

 

I would love for Kawhi and Kyrie and Kemba to stay in the East and have Kevin join the Knicks, and Klay go elsewhere, but I'm not kounting on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if the run is over and every thing will come to a end , I will say the goldenstate warriors 5 year run makes them one of the BEST n.b.a franchise of all time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

jerry west made a GREAT  impact on that franchise if Memphis was a bigger market jerry west would have had the Memphis grizzlies at that level at some point 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lions said:

if the run is over and every thing will come to a end , I will say the goldenstate warriors 5 year run makes them one of the BEST n.b.a franchise of all time 

If they have BOTH of Durant/Klay back for '21 then I would make them the (slight) favorites that year AND possibly the year after that.  2020 should be a down year for the Warriors but I still wouldn't want to play Steph/Dray in the playoffs.  Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.  

I think they can still end up with 7 Finals in 8 seasons with 5 titles including TWO repeats which would put them only behind the Bill Russell Celtics.  8 straight Finals would put them very close to the record for consecutive Finals appearances by one team (Russell's Celtics).  I think it is 9.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many players ever fully recover from a ruptured achillies?  Seriously.  I don't think KD will be nearly as effective.  I would be more optimistic about Klay's injury, though maybe he'll be like Chandler Parsons.  We'll find out in a year and a half or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, smit-tay griz said:

How many players ever fully recover from a ruptured achillies?  Seriously.  I don't think KD will be nearly as effective.  I would be more optimistic about Klay's injury, though maybe he'll be like Chandler Parsons.  We'll find out in a year and a half or so.

not many, like I said, steph will be 33 years old, and you have kd and klay coming off of major injuries, everybody wants to write conley off right now at 31.

the warriors are done, period, the end. with kd and klay or without them. it doesn't matter. and for that matter, lebron is pretty much done, ad or no ad. 

the west is terrible next year, but it won't matter because the grizzlies are gearing up to compete when the next round of super teams begin to dominate.

like the grizzlies do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

not many, like I said, steph will be 33 years old, and you have kd and klay coming off of major injuries, everybody wants to write conley off right now at 31.

the warriors are done, period, the end. with kd and klay or without them. it doesn't matter. and for that matter, lebron is pretty much done, ad or no ad. 

the west is terrible next year, but it won't matter because the grizzlies are gearing up to compete when the next round of super teams begin to dominate.

like the grizzlies do. 

Not sure what you're saying here.  Mike  is older than Steph by a few months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, smit-tay griz said:

Not sure what you're saying here.  Mike  is older than Steph by a few months.

I'm talking about 2 years down the line, when kd and klay will be back which then steph will be at 33. Then I made a sarcastic jab at the fact that people want to write mike off at 31, but steph can keep it rolling at 33, seems stupid to me that logic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe it changes teams offer for Conley but i still wouldn't rush to move him just to move him.. If we had our picks /caproom maybe it would be different but i think we should stay the course of whatever the FO planned to do .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

Maybe it changes teams offer for Conley but i still wouldn't rush to move him just to move him.. If we had our picks /caproom maybe it would be different but i think we should stay the course of whatever the FO planned to do .

Unfortunately you can tell Klienman has the look of trading conley. This is going to happen regardless of the offer.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I'm talking about 2 years down the line, when kd and klay will be back which then steph will be at 33. Then I made a sarcastic jab at the fact that people want to write mike off at 31, but steph can keep it rolling at 33, seems stupid to me that logic.

You know that logic disappears when it doesn’t fit one’s narrative/spin.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Unfortunately you can tell Klienman has the look of trading conley. This is going to happen regardless of the offer.  

Well I read over and over that the pels messed up so badly not rushing and moving ad at the deadline so i hope the grizz can prove people wrong and wait around for a great deal. Its a risk to wait to the deadline but I still thinks its a risk worth taking instead of pushing MC out the door for middling picks/players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Conley market is up.

Likewise if we don't have a deal lined up with JV, some team that misses on top free agents (especially if they all get signed fast) might just throw money at him out of desperation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

Well I read over and over that the pels messed up so badly not rushing and moving ad at the deadline so i hope the grizz can prove people wrong and wait around for a great deal. Its a risk to wait to the deadline but I still thinks its a risk worth taking instead of pushing MC out the door for middling picks/players.

Trading conley for Hayward means we'd be adding a ton of salary, which MIGHT, I say MIGHT give the grizzlies pause. The only team I can see that would be willing to overpay would be the Jazz. 

But once again Kleinman is ALL ABOUT this. So, the people on this board wanting conley to be gone, don't have much longer before they can rejoice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this