PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan

Am i the only one that really isn't happy for Marc...

Yes, I think you might be. He have everything he had to our organization for over a decade. He might not of got it done here, but he's made in Memphis. 

2 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

Yes, I think you might be. He have everything he had to our organization for over a decade. He might not of got it done here, but he's made in Memphis. 

i mean im not mad he did..but aint happy either...everbody acting like the Grizzs won the championship...and not getting it done here may have something to do with it...oh well.

Right now I feel like its watching a girl I was really in love with doing better with someone else. I have mixed feelings. It just sucks. 

Gasol was so pedestrian except for a couple games that it really didn't cross my mind much, when Pau went and got rings with Kobe he was a big part of why the Lakers won, Marc was just an over paid role player, Ibaka had a bigger impact on the team winning

Just be happy for the guy. Yes y'all are ridiculous - is that what you are looking for?

Geez.

Yeah it really pisses me off when a dude who played high school ball in the city and over a decade of his pro career here gets traded and wins a ring.  Really burns my arse.

This isn’t nothing new.. players leave Memphis and win a championship. That’s just the way it goes.  

Shane battier

mike miller 

pau gasol

marc gasol 

Matt barnes 

mareisse speights

james posey

7 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

Don't get me started...🙄

Dont count me in, Im happy for Marc. These Playoffs showed he is a team guy, a systemn player, but he is not a 1st or 2nd, maybe 3rd in his best days, but even then he was more of a glue guy than a force. We saw how many times we expected him to perform in that other level and he dont deliver most of the time

2 minutes ago, Once_a_hater said:

Dont count me in, Im happy for Marc. These Playoffs showed he is a team guy, a systemn player, but he is not a 1st or 2nd, maybe 3rd in his best days, but even then he was more of a glue guy than a force. We saw how many times we expected him to perform in that other level and he dont deliver most of the time

We have seen Marc be a 1 or 2 option.  We have seen him be a force.  He chooses to be this guy. 

Don't blame the player, as he told you at ever turn how he liked to play and who he was, we got to see his best role in Toronto.  How many years has everyone being saying Marc Gasol is not an Alpha/Dog.  He is a complimentary piece. The last Alpha/Dog on this team was Zach Randolph.  How can you blame Marc when the organization has asked him to play with non-NBA level talent for the last 4 years.  It is their ineptitude not the players fault of the results we have had.  The decision to not invest in a quality coach with experience, making roster moves that are just good enough, but not based upon foresight and innovative ideas.  Blaming him is a waste of energy. Marc Gasol is more Memphis than a lot of us including myself. I am extremely happy for the guy. 

18 minutes ago, lsugrizzfan said:

I'm with you. I am indifferent. Not happy, not mad. Just don't care. 

Me too.

3 minutes ago, Dark-Child said:

Don't blame the player, as he told you at ever turn how he liked to play and who he was, we got to see his best role in Toronto.  How many years has everyone being saying Marc Gasol is not an Alpha/Dog.  He is a complimentary piece. The last Alpha/Dog on this team was Zach Randolph.  How can you blame Marc when the organization has asked him to play with non-NBA level talent for the last 4 years.  It is their ineptitude not the players fault of the results we have had.  The decision to not invest in a quality coach with experience, making roster moves that are just good enough, but not based upon foresight and innovative ideas.  Blaming him is a waste of energy. Marc Gasol is more Memphis than a lot of us including myself. I am extremely happy for the guy. 

The way he likes to play? He wants to be a 5th man who shoots when he feels like it, make 25 million, get coaches fired and beech about things not being done the right way?

6 minutes ago, Dwash said:

The way he likes to play? He wants to be a 5th man who shoots when he feels like it, make 25 million, get coaches fired and beech about things not being done the right way?

True, but still those traits did not happen overnight, so if that is who he is then you don't have to pay him 25 million and expect something different.  I am going to quote one of the great Philosophers of our time to put it in perspective for you - Too Short - "You can't marry a stripper and turn her into a housewife".  Marc Gasol is who he is so if you need something different you have to go out and get that something different and not expect him to morph into what you need.   

6 hours ago, Ace-is-high said:

Gasol was so pedestrian except for a couple games that it really didn't cross my mind much, when Pau went and got rings with Kobe he was a big part of why the Lakers won, Marc was just an over paid role player, Ibaka had a bigger impact on the team winning

This is just plain false... he played pretty poorly in the last game, but he has been stellar in the playoffs for Toronto. There's a reason he started over Ibaka within a couple weeks of signing with Toronto (and throughout the entire playoffs). 

15 minutes ago, Zappastache said:

This is just plain false... he played pretty poorly in the last game, but he has been stellar in the playoffs for Toronto. There's a reason he started over Ibaka within a couple weeks of signing with Toronto (and throughout the entire playoffs). 

Yup. Ask most Toronto fans and theyll tell you that they wouldn't have made it past Philly if Marc had been Jonas. The OP suggesting Marc has been meh in the playoffs just reveals he maybe watched a game here or there, that or he cant appreciate great play beyond prolific offense.

20 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

Yup. Ask most Toronto fans and theyll tell you that they wouldn't have made it past Philly if Marc had been Jonas. The OP suggesting Marc has been meh in the playoffs just reveals he maybe watched a game here or there, that or he cant appreciate great play beyond prolific offense.

yeah i watched most Raptors games and he was their best player on multiple occasions. 1st half of game 1 of the finals he was the best player on the floor for either team. His ability to hit the 3 and switch on the perimeter is perfect for today's game. He isn't a beast defender in the post anymore but that hasn't hurt him as much as teams are preferring to shoot 3s than play in the paint at all 

58 minutes ago, Dark-Child said:

True, but still those traits did not happen overnight, so if that is who he is then you don't have to pay him 25 million and expect something different.  I am going to quote one of the great Philosophers of our time to put it in perspective for you - Too Short - "You can't marry a stripper and turn her into a housewife".  Marc Gasol is who he is so if you need something different you have to go out and get that something different and not expect him to morph into what you need.   

Its not so much the money. Its role player skills and talent with the attitude of a star. With a FO giving him that clout. Annoyed me to no end.

The way the Raps are set up, maybe it validates giving the keys to a guy like Morant or even keeping Conley (with Morant) and betting on a big, long front line of Bruno, Jaren, and Jonas.  

They are a team we can emulate.  

I'm happy for Marc.  Glad someone other than GSW won although the injuries suck.  

Marc averaged 9.4 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 3.0 apg, and 1.1 bpg. That is the very definition of a role player. He was definitely an integral part of them winning it all. That doesn't change that he was a $25 million role player. 

56 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Its not so much the money. Its role player skills and talent with the attitude of a star. With a FO giving him that clout. Annoyed me to no end.

I would say he wants to have "role player" responsibility" even tho he wants to be treated like a Star.    Basically he don't want that smoke. 

6 minutes ago, lsugrizzfan said:

Marc averaged 9.4 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 3.0 apg, and 1.1 bpg. That is the very definition of a role player. He was definitely an integral part of them winning it all. That doesn't change that he was a $25 million role player. 

I am happy for Marc.  Like I was for Battier and Miller.     But lots of truth in yall's statements. 

He did so much for our city and never turned his back on us.  You have to be happy for him.  He also gave Toronto pretty much what he was giving us or less.  He just needed more helped and wasn't the 20-10 big we needed.  He is a great complimentary player that is a very good help defender, passer and has great IQ with respectable offensive skillset.

YO

I think Marc's a good person and that's all I need to be glad for him.