Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Interesting Quote

When I think of teams who have recently (in the last 10 years) achieved sustained success, I think of San Antonio, Golden State, Toronto, Oklahoma City, and Houston.  Boston, Philly, and Portland are essentially there now.  And, somehow, some of those teams also won titles.  I'd be happy with the Grizzlies achieving the "sustained" success of any of these teams.  

The Grizzlies don't have the luxury of getting immediate success through superstar free agent acquisition.  But, they can build long-term, sustainable success through strong drafting and shrewd negotiating.  

I'm not going to post a lot. Some older guys, remember when GSW was joke of the NBA? I'm talking 80's. Remember when Raptors (stupid name, but better than Pelicans) were an expansion team with nothing to show up?

Yes, you are right. These two teams are no joke to anybody now. They are locked into pretty epic battle for the NBA title.

My point: if organization makes a standing point to improve steadily, through improving the quality of their personal - good things will happen.

I'm from Chicago. Everybody was pretty ******-of when Reinsdorf dismantled last championship team. But we are fans - he is the owner. Bulls play int very hot market, as a franchise are valued a lot, and why the owner should care about the results?

Simple thing - if an organization makes a conscious effort to improve quality - good things will happen. To everybody.

i certainly get chip's and father pat's point and i agree with it.

i have never liked pera's approach, and now it is being delivered by extremely young counselors that went to uppity/elite colleges.

we don't like vague. throw it out there- ie, it's going to take us 2-3 years for our envisioned team to bear fruit, but, rest-assured, we are working very hard at bringing a championship to the bluff city. everything that we do, every call, every workout, everything is funneling us toward that ultimate, united goal.

yes, im being a little picky, but this is our franchise and we have a lot of sweat and passion equity in it.

that all being said, these players (2 in particular) can take us where they want- it will be up to ja and jjj and no marketing/gm/fo spin will change that. 

slim.

1 hour ago, memphis slim said:

i certainly get chip's and father pat's point and i agree with it.

i have never liked pera's approach, and now it is being delivered by extremely young counselors that went to uppity/elite colleges.

we don't like vague. throw it out there- ie, it's going to take us 2-3 years for our envisioned team to bear fruit, but, rest-assured, we are working very hard at bringing a championship to the bluff city. everything that we do, every call, every workout, everything is funneling us toward that ultimate, united goal.

yes, im being a little picky, but this is our franchise and we have a lot of sweat and passion equity in it.

that all being said, these players (2 in particular) can take us where they want- it will be up to ja and jjj and no marketing/gm/fo spin will change that. 

slim.

yet you guys are the ones acting like spoil brats.

just my take. you are entitled to your own as well.

i don't just accept things they throw out. im going to question and scrutinize a few things from time to time.

you are welcome to just accept the secrecy/question dodging if you wish.

slim.

2 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

yet you guys are the ones acting like spoil brats.

To me there is a big difference between rooting for the Memphis Grizzlies and the Pera Grizzlies. It kind of reminds me when the steroid stuff came out in baseball. The game didn't change, so some people didn't care. To me it mattered, mattered a lot. It was, and still is wrong IMO. I was a huge fan and now I could care less about the sport.

I can't understand why people would want to root for a rich mans toy, because that's what the "team" is now turning into. Maybe it has always been this way and I was too stupid to see it, or acknowledge it. I don't like it. Are fans supposed to remain silent when they don't like something about their favorite team?

10 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Why do you care what I got out of the statement? Your argument makes no sense. You said you didn’t get out of the statement what I did and you seem to be trivializing what you got out of it and the entire front office st the same time.

Personally, I take people at their word. When the front office leader says that the team’s main goal is to be sustainably successful when they formerly said their goal was to have a parade down Beale St. I take that as a major change in goals for the franchise. It’s just my opinion of course. You are entitled to yours as well.

YOU were the one who posted the topic for dicussion.  I am discussing. 

Sustainable success and championships are not mutually exclusive.  To me it's like I tell you "I'm going to Albuquerque" and later a one of my colleagues says "We're heading west" and you immediately jump to the conclusion "He's not going to Abuquerque now!"  I don't think the "sustainable success" statement implied anything like what you are saying, and you're adding two plus two and getting seven.  That's my opinion.