GF#1

Grizzlies hire Taylor Jenkins as next head coach

I like it. Did an actual coaching search and found a guy they like

Dang i guess we have nothing to b-- and moan about anymore. ..... got a coach and drafting Ja.  

Oh Wait (heads back to Conley trade threads!!)

If he runs his offense like Bud I think JV's days are numbered

27 minutes ago, GF#1 said:

If he's as good as good as Bud, Quinn, or Kenny then we got a great coach. Hope he helps take bruno, jjj, ja etc. to the next level. 

2 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

If he runs his offense like Bud I think JV's days are numbered

We should know very soon what JV is going to do. Maybe even today

Just now, Rdk4121 said:

We should know very soon what JV is going to do. Maybe even today

Yea I think k he makes his decision tomorrow. But Coach Jenkins was on the staff in Milwaukee and Atlanta and neither of those teams played at a slow pace. So I don't envision the coach having a 30+ minute roll for JV

I wonder if he's on the phone trying to recruit JV to stay? Budenhozer's teams have featured two big men if I'm not mistaken. he had horford and milsap in ATL and Giannis and Lopez working together with the Bucks this year. slightly different bigs than JV but hopefully he knows how to use them.

I am actually fine with JV opting out. Don’t think he will mesh well with our new dynamic duo of Jaren and Ja. Even if he opts in I hope they don’t extend him. Will need to see how JV will play in his new role.

I hope he doesnt run the play for JJJ that Milwaukee ran for Giannis over and over where he drives from the top of the key and tries to run through 4 people.

But, it sounds like they are picking a modern coach and not another gng extension which is great.

5 minutes ago, Grizball said:

I am actually fine with JV opting out. Don’t think he will mesh well with our new dynamic duo of Jaren and Ja. Even if he opts in I hope they don’t extend him. Will need to see how JV will play in his new role.

I hope and think he may opt in for the pay day if nothing else. I think he may want to give it a trial run to see what happens. treat him like we did Marc in a way and that is, if he opts in, see how he meshes with the group. if it doesn't work out, then that's an expiring contract we can use at the trade deadline.

I don't care what anybody says about todays nba, a guy with JV's skill set is valuable. he's not Embid, but a high scoring and rebounding big has his place, as Embid has shown us. who's to say that they wont have JV taking more three's like Fizdale did when he got with Marc. point is, he is a talented player who would only make us better if he stays.

you guys are acting like having a "slow" big is not working for Denver, 76ers, boston, san Antonio, okc, pistons, Portland, etc. you can still have a big guy who gets the job done and the fact that we have Jaren who can play on the perimeter only makes that more feasible.

15 minutes ago, First Team All Memphis said:

I wonder if he's on the phone trying to recruit JV to stay? Budenhozer's teams have featured two big men if I'm not mistaken. he had horford and milsap in ATL and Giannis and Lopez working together with the Bucks this year. slightly different bigs than JV but hopefully he knows how to use them.

Yea two big men that could shoot

10 minutes ago, Dwash said:

But, it sounds like they are picking a modern coach and not another gng extension which is great.

I said well at least this guy won't mention GnG at the press conference thank god

Just now, GrizzTigerFan said:

Time to go get Winslow #13, Anderson, and Olynk. . 

Yup and Anderson could actually be useful in an uptempo style where all he has to do is spot up.

7 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Yea two big men that could shoot

Jonas can shoot he just doesn't do it much, much like marc before fizdale. I find it crazy that people are talking like JV should leave because he cant shoot and isn't a modern big, yet we have the most none shooting sf in the league in kyle Anderson and nobody is talking about moving him or his unfit for the modern nba which is much more obvious

Well.....I don't know anything about this guy; but I'm going to trust that the front office did their due diligence and agreed this was the best man for the job.

Now I hope they let him pick his own staff and don't try to fill it with some of the other candidates they interviewed for the head coaching job.  If we're going to roll with this guy, let him do his thing without trying to micro manage.