GF#1

Grizzlies hire Taylor Jenkins as next head coach

2 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Tumi jaren Jackson Jr is more Zach Randolph than Marc gasol and he's a threat to score at all three levels but you're not going to have him run a pick-and-roll to perfection.

Serious question...  do you post using voice dictation on your phone or something?  “Tumi” isn’t an auto-correct.  And you seem too knowledgeable about the Grizz to type “Dylan Brooks”. 

My not serious question is who is Tumi are what are they Tuyou?

Just now, JJJTG said:

Serious question...  do you post using voice dictation on your phone or something?  “Tumi” isn’t an auto-correct.  And you seem too knowledgeable about the Grizz to type “Dylan Brooks”. 

My not serious question is who is Tumi are what are they Tuyou?

Tumi = To me, I assume. I was driving down the road when I posted that. 

13 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Hilarious

Just how many Taylor Jenkins's that nobody has ever heard of are out there?  😄

4 hours ago, TimBC said:

Yeah, man, and Rodman would have taken the job for weed. 

I’m listening... 

how much weed are we talking about? 

💫🤣💨

17 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

I’m listening... 

how much weed are we talking about? 

💫🤣💨

All of it.

8 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

I think he's better than "just a guy".  He rebounds at a better rate than Zach Randolph.  He scores well, shoots free throws pretty well, blocks shots pretty well.  Do I want us running most of our offense through him?  No, but I think he should get a fair number of them.  I would at least like to see how he and Jaren play together for a good part of the season before deciding how he fits.

Edit:  If we just dump him or let him walk, then we wasted the trade of Marc Gasol.

I see where you’re coming from.

We all remember the z-bounds (basically missing a bunny or two but straight up Dbo-ing his own misses 😉) And he did that with about a 5 inch vertical! 

The wasted trade for Marc ... I love JV’s big boy drag em in the paint aggressive play. I am not sure if that’s because I wished Marc would play that way or what.

Delon caught my attention- quickly. 

If getting a serviceable big is not as hard  as some say , then getting a back-up point guard that can get you three triple doubles in a row (I might be mis-remembering... somebody will let me know if it’s wrong) is a great thing. How many years have we needed a good back-up point ?

I’m just basing this post on my own eye test.

Noah was a rescued big that got here and got it in - quick.

I understand that the nba is trending towards 5 shooters non-position specific ball - but I still want at least one big boy that lives for banging in the paint.

Pick your spots ... give it to the big , allow him a high percentage shot , hopefully get fouled and hit the freebie.

https://www.memphisflyer.com/BeyondtheArc/archives/2019/06/12/taylor-jenkins-what-we-know-and-dont-know

Jenkins also has been credited as being the mind behind the Milwaukee Bucks offense, which is highly attack-minded, with an emphasis on finding open three-point shooters. The Bucks finished with the overall best record in the NBA and had the fourth-highest offensive rating in the league. They also had the highest net rating. They were fifth in pace and second in true shooting percentage. The Bucks were second in the league at 12.8 three-pointers made and attempted per game, fourth in free throws made, and third in free-throw attempts. He is seen as a player’s coach, and known for developing young players. He comes to the Grizzlies as a highly recommended and up-and-coming assistant coach by former players, fellow coaches, and media members, alike. The hope is that he can lead the Grizzlies' young core that will include Jaren Jackson Jr. and possibly Ja Morant into a new era and style.

10 hours ago, Teddy.B said:

Just like who you thought the Grizzlies' new HC was? 🤣

I was following I love JV post and they gave FAKE news 

I hope this one works out for us this time

13 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Seems like a good dude. Hope it works out. Don't know if I'm reading too much into it, but one thing that caught my attention was around the 1.25.20 mark on video where Jenkins is talking about the guys/players he wants to bring in and says the "goal is to win a-- get better." Sounded like he was going to say the goal is to win a championship and then corrected himself.

Watching the first part of the press conference, I'm hearing a lot more of a presidential/ front office spill than a guy that can head coach in the NBA.  He seems extremely intelligent and well spoken.  We will see if this translates to anything basketball related.  He is crying as he talks so the passion is there.  I hope he kills this opportunity and these front office guys actually let him do his thing and have a voice without puppeting him. 

YO

As long as the Front Office can improve the talent on the team, Coach Jenkins will be successful. If they don’t then he won’t either.

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

As long as the Front Office can improve the talent on the team, Coach Jenkins will be successful. If they don’t then he won’t either.

Chip is right. I hope we give him something decent

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 7:42 PM, smit-tay griz said:

All those coaches were rookies too at one point.

but they all played in the league too.  they didn't start their careers as a special assistant in the film room.  just saying..

35 minutes ago, gentlemanquartely said:

but they all played in the league too.  they didn't start their careers as a special assistant in the film room.  just saying..

Playing in the league is not prerequisite for being a good coach.  What team did Popovich play for?  What team did Auerbach play for?  What team did Hubie Brown play for?  What team did Jack Ramsay play for?  On the other hand, some players don't do well as coaches.  Magic Johnson wasn't so hot, and there are a slew of ex-players who never succeeded in the coaching ranks.  Of course, as Chip always says, if you don't have good players, no amount of coaching will fix that.

4 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Playing in the league is not prerequisite for being a good coach.  What team did Popovich play for?  What team did Auerbach play for?  What team did Hubie Brown play for?  What team did Jack Ramsay play for?  On the other hand, some players don't do well as coaches.  Magic Johnson wasn't so hot, and there are a slew of ex-players who never succeeded in the coaching ranks.  Of course, as Chip always says, if you don't have good players, no amount of coaching will fix that.  

pops was a great heady player in the league.  i'm sure hubie and red played.  back in during reconstruction prolly but im certain played.  i'm rooting for the guy but i can honestly say his lack of experience on the court concerns me.