GF#1

Grizzlies hire Taylor Jenkins as next head coach

Just now, First Team All Memphis said:

Jonas can shoot he just doesn't do it much, much like marc before fizdale. I find it crazy that people are talking like JV should leave because he cant shoot and isn't a modern big, yet we have the most none shooting sf in the league in kyle Anderson and nobody is talking about moving him or his unfit for the modern nba which is much more obvious

Don't worry I haven't gotten down to the roster moves thread to trade Kyle yet he's on the chopping block too. JV at 17mil for this season is fine but there is no need to extend him he isn't an uptempo big and he isn't going to be a core piece. Take a guy like Dewayne Dedmon from ATL he is the type of big you put in this scenario he can stretch the floor and run the floor he doesn't need touches and he will be much cheaper and allow the center position to be flexible. He can start if the team need to play big one night or come off the bench if they want to go small with Jaren. The same with Olynik 

JV on a one year deal is fine but on a multi year deal he's going to want a roll that consists of regular playing time so that would take center minutes away from Jaren.

Just don't want to do anything that would compromise his development.

8 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Don't worry I haven't gotten down to the roster moves thread to trade Kyle yet he's on the chopping block too. JV at 17mil for this season is fine but there is no need to extend him he isn't an uptempo big and he isn't going to be a core piece. Take a guy like Dewayne Dedmon from ATL he is the type of big you put in this scenario he can stretch the floor and run the floor he doesn't need touches and he will be much cheaper and allow the center position to be flexible. He can start if the team need to play big one night or come off the bench if they want to go small with Jaren. The same with Olynik 

JV on a one year deal is fine but on a multi year deal he's going to want a roll that consists of regular playing time so that would take center minutes away from Jaren.

Just don't want to do anything that would compromise his development.

having JV is only going to help Jaren. JJJ isn't ready to bang against bigger bodied centers. he would get abused and maybe even injured. the age and timeline work perfectly. jv is only 27. lets say by the time he is 30, JJJ and Ja are both all star guys and ready to lead us head on. that time line works great. hell, when we got zbo he was like 27 and mike conley was 19 or 20 himself, rudy gay was 21 and marc was like 23. it worked out didn't it? its the same reason I say they ought to bring back avery Bradley as well. he is only 28. we don't need to go super young at every position and run the risk of turning into the **** phoenix suns. ask them how their youth movement is going. we have Bruno, Jevon, Dillon, tyler, ivan, jjj, and potentially ja who are all 24 and younger. those "older guys" will fit just well enough and JV, once again, is needed for the development of JJJ.

Just now, First Team All Memphis said:

having JV is only going to help Jaren. JJJ isn't ready to bang against bigger bodied centers. he would get abused and maybe even injured. the age and timeline work perfectly. jv is only 27. lets say by the time he is 30, JJJ and Ja are all star guys and ready to lead us head on. that time line works great. hell, when we zbo he was like 27 and mike conley was 19 or 20 himself, rudy gay was 21 and marc was like 23. it worked out didn't it? its the same reason I say they ought to bring back avery Bradley as well. he is only 28. we don't need to go super young at every position and run the risk of turning into the **** phoenix suns. ask them how their youth movement is going. we have Bruno, Jevon, Dillon, tyler, ivan, jjj, and potentially ja who are all 24 and younger. those "older guys" will fit just well enough and JV, once again, is needed for the development of JJJ.

That's why I said get cheaper centers who won't command playing time if the Grizz do the Miami deal and get Olynik he can start at center next to Jaren if JV walks go sign Dedmon to a cheap deal as your back up center. They can do all the banging for Jaren you don't need to pay someone JV kinda money to do that.

The team isn't going to be that good so you should use your good veterans as assets. Avery Bradley should be an asset the Grizz don't have problems signing role players in FA so they can be replaced with guys that fit a rebuilding team 

20 minutes ago, First Team All Memphis said:

Jonas can shoot he just doesn't do it much, much like marc before fizdale. I find it crazy that people are talking like JV should leave because he cant shoot and isn't a modern big, yet we have the most none shooting sf in the league in kyle Anderson and nobody is talking about moving him or his unfit for the modern nba which is much more obvious

Some people have mentioned it.  We all understand Andersons shortcomings,  we also understand he's a well-rounded player that can help a team in many ways. Both guys are outdated,,  but imho both are very valuable 

I'm fine with him as long as he doesn't try to hold back phantom players from running on the floor to phantom fight

Based on the above video only, I have quickly become a big fan of this guy. Such a quick release, nice mechanic, great positioning, timing and anticipation. If he manages to convey these to J4, I`ll be happy.

4 minutes ago, costarica2 said:

Ok so ....press conference coming ??

Why not. Kleiman can't screw it up any worse than the last one when they rolled out J.B. and Wallace.

JV is a top 5-10 Center in the league in rebounding.

I know that doesn't gather the highlights on SportsCenter so some might not notice that, but we have a good handful of posters that (rightfully) complained about the lack of rebounding at the beginning of the season as it isnt yet a JJJ strength and Marc wasn't awesome at it either.

JV not returning doesn't net us a Lopez (neither of which are strong rebounders).  It's more likely to net us a Tyler Zeller or Kosta Koufos or minimum wage guy.  These centers that don't get much on the FA market would rather play for teams that can compete in the playoffs.  Not for ones that are trying to get out of bottom 6.

13 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I know that doesn't gather the highlights on SportsCenter so some might not notice that, but we have a good handful of posters that (rightfully) complained about the lack of rebounding at the beginning of the season as it isnt yet a JJJ strength and Marc wasn't awesome at it either.

JV not returning doesn't net us a Lopez (neither of which are strong rebounders).  It's more likely to net us a Tyler Zeller or Kosta Koufos or minimum wage guy.  These centers that don't get much on the FA market would rather play for teams that can compete in the playoffs.  Not for ones that are trying to get out of bottom 6.

Are you posting in the wrong thread again???   😁

1 minute ago, Father Pat said:

Are you posting in the wrong thread again???   😁

I probably should have quoted someone, but the top of this page is about moving on from JV and that is what I was responding to.

2 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I'm fine with him as long as he doesn't try to hold back phantom players from running on the floor to phantom fight

😂😂😂

8 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I probably should have quoted someone, but the top of this page is about moving on from JV and that is what I was responding to.

Second page of the new head coach thread and we're talking about JV. I actually appreciate that we wander off topic so quickly, just as we do when talking face to face with friends. It makes for good, honest conversation. (By the way, that was a very good post about JV.)

1 hour ago, Grizzled Vet said:

There are other guys that can rebound who are cheaper and won't want a featured role on a rebuilding team. If Jonas is fine with being a junk guy crashing the boards and and getting the occasional touches then fine....but if he has some expectation that the team should play through him then no one should be interested in that. I'm not sure what he wants as far as his role goes but it's safe to assume that if he signs up long-term that he would want a featured role.

58 minutes ago, Father Pat said:

Second page of the new head coach thread and we're talking about JV. I actually appreciate that we wander off topic so quickly, just as we do when talking face to face with friends. It makes for good, honest conversation. (By the way, that was a very good post about JV.)

That's cause no one knows anything about the coach 

I’d rather they hire the person whom they think is the right fit after doing due diligence rather than hiring just to appease a certain player(s), or person(s).

So....welcome Coach Jenkins.

it this hire fails you call us the seattle super grizzlies this we be 5 coaches in 7 years 

whats WRONG with vet coach who can teach the game L HOLLINS   SAM MITCHELL , MIKE WOODSON . I would even consider LARRY [ the teacher ] BROWN , those coaches are WINNERS

28 minutes ago, lions said:

whats WRONG with vet coach who can teach the game L HOLLINS   SAM MITCHELL , MIKE WOODSON . I would even consider LARRY [ the teacher ] BROWN , those coaches are WINNERS

They cost more. 

4 hours ago, Teddy.B said:

They cost more. 

6 more posts away to that magic 2500