memphismatt

Lonzo & 4 = RJ Barrett?

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

 

While I don't think it is likely, I also don't believe it impossible.  

LeBron "requested" the Cavs deal the #1 pick for Kevin Love, and LeBron doesn't appear to love the young players. And really Conley will be a better bet than a draft pick for the years LeBron will be there.  Conley will bring LBJ fewer headaches than Kyrie.

Take a look at the #4 picks from since Conley was drafted in 2007.  The only #4 I clearly take over Conley is Westbrook (and it is debateable on the fragile Porzingis).  Likewise, the #3 picks, James Harden is a clear take over Conley, but after that you might take Beal and/or Embiid, but Conley is better than most the #3 picks.

But I do think LBJ likes Lonzo, so that is what I don't buy, nor really want.  I would rather get Ingram because of the SF need.

True but the Lakers dont have to bend over for Lebron like the Cavs did. Plus on paper Love was a 26 year old top 10 player.

There is and always will be an irrational view of draft pick values around this time. Its kinda crazy but its how it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Lakers are becoming the new Knicks with how they've been run the past few seasons so who knows what they will do. But I'm sure they would only go after Conley if they strike out on all of the tier 1 FAs. If that scenario did happen we still need to draft Ja. The NBA draft should almost always be a BPA situation. It's very different from the NFL in that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 5:04 PM, Dwash said:

Just thinking we getting the #4 period is too much. And some do think thats possible.

Hey i'm with you on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would straight up trade mike Conley for the .4th round pick.. may be able to add parsons since he’s an expiring... I’ll even throw in a second round pick...  we don’t need lonzo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2019 at 6:33 AM, Dwash said:

True but the Lakers dont have to bend over for Lebron like the Cavs did. Plus on paper Love was a 26 year old top 10 player.

There is and always will be an irrational view of draft pick values around this time. Its kinda crazy but its how it is.

They brought LeBron in to get back to relevance.  They'll bend over for the sake of not looking like complete idiots

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lakers are idiots actually, the way they manage the season tell us all. But they have money, attactive city and they need desperatly some good players able to stay behind the king. Mike can fit the bill. But i doubt they give up their pick + 1 player for this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Joey Crawford said:

I would not want anything to do with Lonzo Ball.

 

BBB!!!!!!

 

Hope they would move the production plant to Memphis

 

 

But on a serious note. I would stay away from Ball. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can give up on the 4 regardless of whether or not you think Conley is worth it. Lakers aren't settling for Conley until the strike out with bigger names (and younger than Conley) in free agency.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, lsugrizzfan said:

You can give up on the 4 regardless of whether or not you think Conley is worth it. Lakers aren't settling for Conley until the strike out with bigger names (and younger than Conley) in free agency.

True and I'd prefer to get the deal done before then. The FO said they were going to stop reacting to things and start being proactive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea now that we have Ja - i have zero interest in Ball.    Only reason i would do this trade is to steer Ball to a 3rd team for additional assets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Yea now that we have Ja - i have zero interest in Ball.    Only reason i would do this trade is to steer Ball to a 3rd team for additional assets. 

Ball could be moved for a lottery pick easily, Lakers wont do a deal like that. If they give us Ball and/or Kuzma I would be in favor of a deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Nothing against Ball but I wouldn't want him on this team, not to mention his loud mouthed father

Agreed.

 

10 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Yea now that we have Ja - i have zero interest in Ball.    Only reason i would do this trade is to steer Ball to a 3rd team for additional assets. 

I didn't have any interest before the lottery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know its off the topic, but since the thread is about trading with the Lakers I will put it here...

This Rich Paul is a joker, they are forcing Pelicans to trade with the Lakers with all that talk he will be a FA in 2020 no matter where he goes.

 Doc Rivers got finned because he compared Kawhi to MJ, this league choose when they use their on rules. 

It is a shame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Once_a_hater said:

I know its off the topic, but since the thread is about trading with the Lakers I will put it here...

This Rich Paul is a joker, they are forcing Pelicans to trade with the Lakers with all that talk he will be a FA in 2020 no matter where he goes.

 Doc Rivers got finned because he compared Kawhi to MJ, this league choose when they use their on rules. 

It is a shame.

Doc's a team employee, Rich Paul's a player's agent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ACGrizz said:

Doc's a team employee, Rich Paul's a player's agent. 

Lebron talked many times about AD, did he got finned?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, UkGrizz said:

Seemingly the Pelicans are shopping the number 4 pick round.

 

I just don't know how much to buy from the media on these leaks and how much of these are leaks by the Pelicans to damage the Lakers.

I see the (reported) holdup is Kyle Kuzma and the required involved of third teams (reportedly Suns or Bulls).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Once_a_hater said:

Lebron talked many times about AD, did he got finned?

My understanding is that a player has not been fined for tampering (https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20445869/nba-player-player-tampering-new-nba) but this season the league sent out a memo when LeBron made comments about AD (https://www.si.com/nba/2018/12/28/anti-tampering-memo-nba-lebron-james-anthony-davis) though they didn't fine him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grizzled Vet said:

 

I just don't know how much to buy from the media on these leaks and how much of these are leaks by the Pelicans to damage the Lakers.

I see the (reported) holdup is Kyle Kuzma and the required involved of third teams (reportedly Suns or Bulls).

The deal with the Lakers/Suns/Pels make sense only if Pelicans can get Booker in the process. 

Suns get Lonzo, Hart and Kuzma + #4 and give Tyler/Booker to Pels and Jackson to the Lakers.

Lakers get AD and Jackson and give everything they have in the trade, other than Ingram, plus a future 1st to Pels.

Pels get Booker, Tyler(expering) and a future 1st.

Suns:

6th(Garland)/Lonzo

4th(Culver)/Hart

Oubre/Bridges 

Kuzma/Warren

Ayton/Holmes

 

Lakers will be Ingram/Jackson/Lebron/AD and every FA they could sign

Pelicans will rebuild around the Booker/Zion duo 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Once_a_hater said:

The deal with the Lakers/Suns/Pels make sense only if Pelicans can get Booker in the process. 

Suns get Lonzo, Hart and Kuzma + #4 and give Tyler/Booker to Pels and Jackson to the Lakers.

Lakers get AD and Jackson and give everything they have in the trade, other than Ingram, plus a future 1st to Pels.

Pels get Booker, Tyler(expering) and a future 1st.

Suns:

6th(Garland)/Lonzo

4th(Culver)/Hart

Oubre/Bridges 

Kuzma/Warren

Ayton/Holmes

 

Lakers will be Ingram/Jackson/Lebron/AD and every FA they could sign

Pelicans will rebuild around the Booker/Zion duo 

I seriously doubt PHX would give up Booker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, UkGrizz said:

 

I think if you switch the picks around there is a possibility this could happen.

 

It would be a good deal, special if we get the 4th (Culver or RJ) would be fantastic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, UkGrizz said:

 

I think if you switch the picks around there is a possibility this could happen.

 

Can't see PHX doing that unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now