memphismatt

Lonzo & 4 = RJ Barrett?

Multiple outlets are reporting that the Lakers are open to trading the 4th pick for an "established veteran" player.  Obviously there would be other players involved, but the meat of a deal with the Grizzlies would likely be Lonzo Ball and the no. 4 pick for MC11.

The Lakers do it because they get to upgrade at PG by adding an established vet to play with Lebron and they get to keep Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, etc...

The Grizzlies parlay Mike into a top 5 pick accelerating the rebuild.  

If you are receiving Lonzo back in a deal for Mike, do you consider drafting RJ Barrett at 2 and a player like Culver/Reddish at 4?  

Lonzo, Culver, RJ Barrett and JJJ would be a really exciting young core.  Add Jonas and you have 1-5 all in their 20's.  Nice start to a rebuild. 

Just my two cents.

Im not very high on Ball.  Seems to be pretty fragile physically and he has baggage that I just don't know if I want around the team I pull for :D

Count me in ... but I don't think that trade would fly as described (probably would have to take on some more players to make the salaries closer).  I would take RJ at #2.  Culver or Reddish would be good ... but I would prefer Hunter at #4.  

On the down-side, it would probably mean JV signs somewhere else.

In fantasy land I'd rather draft Ja and flip Lonzo for more assets, JV opts out and then there's so much capspace, with even more coming next year. 

I doubt the Lakers would offer that much for Mike but if they did I'd accept it in a heartbeat. Immediately trade Ball for whatever you can get and draft Hunter. Or tell them we want Hart instead of Ball. (No way they include Ingram or Kouzma)

Ja/Wright

Dillon/Hart or MLE or whatever Ball can bring us

Hunter/Miles

JJJ/Bruno

Jonas/Vet (Rabb isn't a C)

Let's ride!

Trade Lonzo to the bulls and get 7 ot Phx for 6 then you draft Ja at 2 Hunter or Culver at 4 then Reddish or Sekou at 7.... The Grizz don't need the lavar sideshow or Hollywood RJ cause other teams want Lonzo so flip him for a 3rd top 10 pick 

7 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Trade Lonzo to the bulls and get 7 ot Phx for 6 then you draft Ja at 2 Hunter or Culver at 4 then Reddish or Sekou at 7.... The Grizz don't need the lavar sideshow or Hollywood RJ cause other teams want Lonzo so flip him for a 3rd top 10 pick 

That would be ideal and an absolute game changer.

How about a future that includes:

Ja

Dillon

Reddish

Hunter

JJJ

That could be ridiculous. Long, athletic and full of good long range shooters.

I'd be surprised if the Lakers would give us the #4 for Conley. There is zero possibility they would give us Ball too. 

1 hour ago, Crizzle said:

this is fantasy

They will be so dissappointed.

I still don't understand what people like about Lonzo Ball. 

I mean, you do this trade for the 4th pick, but if you're drafting Morant, where does Ball play his minutes? I would rather forcefeed Morant as many touches as PG as possible to try and accelerate his development. Ball can't play off the ball, either. 

Would pretty much even rather do the trade with just #4 + money for Conley. Don't need to try and fit Ball somewhere. If you really want to add a player too, take Josh Hart, who will make almost $7M less than Ball next year and has some shooting potential.

11 minutes ago, Dwash said:

They will be so dissappointed.

Wrong. Not one person itt believes this is realistic. Just playing along with Op's scenario.

I hope we deal MC for a lottery pick + a young player + expiring contract and/or cap relief

Lakers (I dont believe)

Suns

Bulls

Minny

Heat

Celtics

Detroit 

Magic

Pacers 

Those seems to be the teams that would give us a good package in a trade

56 minutes ago, CoolHandGriz said:

Wrong. Not one person itt believes this is realistic. Just playing along with Op's scenario.

Just thinking we getting the #4 period is too much. And some do think thats possible.

7 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Just thinking we getting the #4 period is too much. And some do think thats possible.

Of course it's possible. Pera just needs to challenge Jeanie Buss to a one on one game like he did with Jordan, but this one will have stakes. 

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

blah blah blah, mike conley just ain't that good, blah blah blah.

You got anything more constructive than that?

According to the board, we weren't going to be able to GIVE marc gasol away and yet he is starting on a finals team, and the grizzlies got younger, more pieces and a second round pick LIKELY to be when the one and done rule will be evaporated. 

Y'all are a broken record.

5 hours ago, UkGrizz said:

In fantasy land I'd rather draft Ja and flip Lonzo for more assets, JV opts out and then there's so much capspace, with even more coming next year. 

In the absence of a Suns deal for Warren & #6 or a better deal that hasnt come up yet, I'd ageee with you to take #4 and flip Ball to someone else for any assets

4 hours ago, Dwash said:

While I don't think it is likely, I also don't believe it impossible.  

LeBron "requested" the Cavs deal the #1 pick for Kevin Love, and LeBron doesn't appear to love the young players. And really Conley will be a better bet than a draft pick for the years LeBron will be there.  Conley will bring LBJ fewer headaches than Kyrie.

Take a look at the #4 picks from since Conley was drafted in 2007.  The only #4 I clearly take over Conley is Westbrook (and it is debateable on the fragile Porzingis).  Likewise, the #3 picks, James Harden is a clear take over Conley, but after that you might take Beal and/or Embiid, but Conley is better than most the #3 picks.

But I do think LBJ likes Lonzo, so that is what I don't buy, nor really want.  I would rather get Ingram because of the SF need.

7 hours ago, Once_a_hater said:

I hope we deal Marc for a lottery pick + a young player + expiring contract and/or cap relief

Lakers (I dont believe)

Suns

Bulls

Minny

Heat

Celtics

Detroit 

Magic

Pacers 

Those seems to be the teams that would give us a good package in a trade

I think the Raptors might have something to say about that.:ph34r:

1 hour ago, Grizzled Vet said:

While I don't think it is likely, I also don't believe it impossible.  

LeBron "requested" the Cavs deal the #1 pick for Kevin Love, and LeBron doesn't appear to love the young players. And really Conley will be a better bet than a draft pick for the years LeBron will be there.  Conley will bring LBJ fewer headaches than Kyrie.

Take a look at the #4 picks from since Conley was drafted in 2007.  The only #4 I clearly take over Conley is Westbrook (and it is debateable on the fragile Porzingis).  Likewise, the #3 picks, James Harden is a clear take over Conley, but after that you might take Beal and/or Embiid, but Conley is better than most the #3 picks.

But I do think LBJ likes Lonzo, so that is what I don't buy, nor really want.  I would rather get Ingram because of the SF need.

What SF need?  Don't we need a starting caliber SG more than a SF?  We have a SF on the roster who is a top notch defender that started on a playoff team.

8 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

What SF need?  Don't we need a starting caliber SG more than a SF?  We have a SF on the roster who is a top notch defender that started on a playoff team.

yep...we need a scoring at the SG position...maybe  depends who on the roster cause if conley is still here ja maybe could play sg..but i prefer conley/slowmo/bruno/3Js/JV

3 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

I think the Raptors might have something to say about that.:ph34r:

Fixed😅

And in a fantasy trade with the Lakers for the 4th, I would move Ball for #6 or #7 and draft: #2 (Ja) , #4 (Culver) and #6 or #7 (Reddish).

Ja /Culver/Reddish/Jaren/?

If the lakers were dumb enough to flip for 4 I would do it