Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Memphis Slim's Father Passed Away

I know this isn't Grizzlies related directly but long time poster and great fan of the Grizzlies Memphis Slim's father passed away yesterday. Slim will obviously be off the boards for a while but when you see him post again let him know you are thinking of him. Perhaps those posters who have been fortunate enough to get to know Slim personally can send him a PM just to let him know you are thinking about him. 

Mods feel free to take this down after a couple of days if you don't feel this is appropriate. I know Slim considers most of the posters a kind of friend and he is very depressed right now. I just thought that hearing from other posters could cheer him up. 

There is nothing worse than losing a loved one. I am truly sorry for you slim.

very sorry to hear  about your lose  slim     your friend Jonathon alexander 

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and yours. 

Memphis Slim has been of the classiest guys on here for a while, my condolences and prayers to him and his family

As someone whose loved one also transitioned I hope you peace of mind and advise to just remember and continue to enjoy those memories you have. They are more precious than gold!

I'm sorry for your loss, Slim.

You're one of my favorite posters.  You're smart, bring a lot to the table, and always a class act.  I'm guessing your dad had a large part to play in you being the way you are today, and I know you'll always honor him and make him proud just by being you.   From all of us, we're sorry.  big hugs and much love.  

I have met with Slim several times in real life and he is exactly how you’d imagine from his posts.

From the boards to the draft parties to the halftime huddles we have at the games ,  I look forward to our discussions . 

I hope this thread will serve to let you know we care.

I am sorry for your loss and I am praying for you and your family. 

Sorry for your loss. Most of us are up there in age with love ones in the twilight years. Be strong and believe everyone goes to a better more beautiful place.