this is all relative to me. I am titans fan and we just spent a first round pick on a DT  that tore his ACL in February while training for the combine. the guy was a sure fire top 10 pick before the injury and maybe even top 5. we got him at 19 with no assurance that he plays this year and at best he plays 6-8 games. my point? we took him because he has great potential when he is 100% again and the thought is he will come back from a major knee surgery. with that being said, chill out with ja and this 3-4 week recovery. Chances are this time next month we are all watching him dazzle for us in the summer league and not even worrying about this. I over here waiting on a first round pick to come back from a 9 month injury. its news, but it aint worth worrying about.

10 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Grizzlies will send in the same doctors who checked out Parsons, so all is clear.

You trying to make me cry?

39 minutes ago, First Team All Memphis said:

I am titans fan

Where will Mariota sign after the season is over?  He averaged less than a TD a game last season, so his value right now is not so high.

Also who will they hire to replace Vrabel after they miss the playoffs again.

And just wondering... who has fired more coaches in the last 10 years, the Tennessee Titans or the Tennessee Vols?

1 hour ago, bhoyal said:

Where will Mariota sign after the season is over?  He averaged less than a TD a game last season, so his value right now is not so high.

Also who will they hire to replace Vrabel after they miss the playoffs again.

And just wondering... who has fired more coaches in the last 10 years, the Tennessee Titans or the Tennessee Vols?

The Titans will franchise tag Mariota after this season barring injury.

There is no chance they fire Vrabel after this season. That's Jon Robinson's hand picked savior so he'll get a third year. Mularkey wasn't his guy.

As many coaches as we have to. Neither fan base will accept mediocrity. (See Schiano Sunday)

47 minutes ago, CoolHandGriz said:

The Titans will franchise tag Mariota after this season barring injury.

There is no chance they fire Vrabel after this season. That's Jon Robinson's hand picked savior so he'll get a third year. Mularkey wasn't his guy.

As many coaches as we have to. Neither fan base will accept mediocrity. (See Schiano Sunday)

ut vols SEC records the last dozen or so years...

3-5

4-4

3-5

1-7

1-7

2-9

3-5

5-3

4-4

0-8

2-6

-------

28 - 57

I agree with that not being mediocre.  And they've gone how many seasons in that time without a single player drafted?

The Titans have one playoff win since 2003 for whatever that's worth.  This is my favorite question for Titans fans this time of the year: "so, are you going to use your first pick in fantasy football this year on Mariota?"   (still yet to find one who will do it or even draft him as their #1 qb)

It's cool that you know who Mularkey is.  Most people who show up at a Titans game are only going because somebody at the office is having a tailgate party.  Most of them can't name a Titans coach since Jeff Fisher.

1 hour ago, bhoyal said:

ut vols SEC records the last dozen or so years...

3-5

4-4

3-5

1-7

1-7

2-9

3-5

5-3

4-4

0-8

2-6

-------

28 - 57

I agree with that not being mediocre.  And they've gone how many seasons in that time without a single player drafted?

The Titans have one playoff win since 2003 for whatever that's worth.  This is my favorite question for Titans fans this time of the year: "so, are you going to use your first pick in fantasy football this year on Mariota?"   (still yet to find one who will do it or even draft him as their #1 qb)

It's cool that you know who Mularkey is.  Most people who show up at a Titans game are only going because somebody at the office is having a tailgate party.  Most of them can't name a Titans coach since Jeff Fisher.

Agreed. My point was that both these programs being mediocre for 10 years has gotten these coaches fired. Especially now,  Fulmer and Jon Robinson aren’t having it.

I’ve had Titans PSLs since day 1. Have seen it all and believe Vrabel is the right man for the job. Not very many holes on that team this year. (Except possibly Marcus smh) Guess we’ll see.

On 6/2/2019 at 11:46 AM, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Why would you think that?

Also, why would a player about to be drafted voluntarily get surgery in the hopes that he falls in the draft and lose guaranteed money in the process?

I don't think that, I wonder if that's a possibility 

With the Ja injurie we should ask for his medical and see if its really the best way to go with him, or we should draft RJ and go for a run in the West. 

I dont want us to be in a Parsons situation anymore or in a situation like Nuggets is with Porter.

Grizz/Timberwolves trade Parsons + Rabb + Dillon for Covington + #11

Sign Bradley  (3y/24 mil), Delon (match Delon offer) , JV for (4y/60mil.) and Noah with a 2 year deal with all the money we have left. 

MC/Delon/Carter
RJ/Bradley/Yuta
Covington/Caboclo
Jaren/SlowMo/Hachimura
JV/Noah

mane yall are seriously over reacting. I know we are all scared from parson's but this aint that. westbrook had a meniscus surgery early in his career and is fine. tony allen tore his acl when he was a 22 year old rookie and boston and bounced back. stop being so negative and comparing him to drose lol. its simply not the same. the dude is suppose to be completely healthy in 3-4 weeks. this is nothing to worry about yet gives people something to over analyze since theres nothing much else going on. keep things in perspective guys. like I said before, this time next month, the guy could be in summer league dazzling like Jaren did. if he's not because they wanna be cautious, that's fine to. he will be more than good to go by training camp but I think he plays in the summer league. maybe not the first salt lake city summer league, but at least a game or two in the vegas one.

14 hours ago, Once_a_hater said:

A starter and a lottery pick for one terrible contract and two middling bench players. Wtf? Where they do that at?

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 9:26 AM, Dwash said:

A starter and a lottery pick for one terrible contract and two middling bench players. Wtf? Where they do that at?

Exactly! Of all the delusional mock trade offers on this board that one takes the cake. Smh

14 hours ago, Once_a_hater said:

C'mon, man, they traded Jimmy Butler for Covington.  You think they're going to trade RC for the worst contract in Grizzlies history and two bench players, one of them coming off an injury?  Maybe we should've offered that to PHI for Butler.

Just heard something that was interesting. For those wondering (including myself) why Ja didn't have the surgery immediately after his season ended at Murray State, maybe it was a money issue. 

He could have waited until he was picked up in the draft then made the team pay for the surgery, but instead he opted for the earlier option where he got his surgery the moment he banked in on the Nike and Panini deal. 

If that's the case I really give him props for not delaying and using his own money so he can get back in time ASAP. If true it shows class and character. He could have easily kept quiet and told the team after he was picked so it wouldn't mess with his draft status. 

18 minutes ago, Teddy.B said:

Just heard something that was interesting. For those wondering (including myself) why Ja didn't have the surgery immediately after his season ended at Murray State, maybe it was a money issue. 

He could have waited until he was picked up in the draft then made the team pay for the surgery, but instead he opted for the earlier option where he got his surgery the moment he banked in on the Nike and Panini deal. 

If that's the case I really give him props for not delaying and using his own money so he can get back in time ASAP. If true it shows class and character. He could have easily kept quiet and told the team after he was picked so it wouldn't mess with his draft status. 

Is his Slam magazine out yet?  His cover looks awesome -- Zion's looks good too.  

The Ja brand could really help us out.  

9 hours ago, Teddy.B said:

I hope that's the case and if it is we better draft this kid.  I appreciate honesty, especially nowadays where everyone is an opportunist.

On 6/5/2019 at 11:58 AM, smit-tay griz said:

C'mon, man, they traded Jimmy Butler for Covington.  You think they're going to trade RC for the worst contract in Grizzlies history and two bench players, one of them coming off an injury?  Maybe we should've offered that to PHI for Butler.

Take Dieng contract and call it a deal? 

8 hours ago, Once_a_hater said:

Take Dieng contract and call it a deal? 

I don't hate Dieng like some folks around here seem to.  His contract is a bit high, but he seems like a serviceable bench big.  He's a decent rebounder, shotblocker.  He has a fair midrange shot, shoots over 50% for his career, and a respectable 79% from the FT line.  He even shoots 33% from 3-pt land.  That's as much as I know about him.  I don't know if there are issues with him.

1 hour ago, smit-tay griz said:

I don't hate Dieng like some folks around here seem to.  His contract is a bit high, but he seems like a serviceable bench big.  He's a decent rebounder, shotblocker.  He has a fair midrange shot, shoots over 50% for his career, and a respectable 79% from the FT line.  He even shoots 33% from 3-pt land.  That's as much as I know about him.  I don't know if there are issues with him.

I'm starting to wonder if Hubie Brown has hacked your account. The way you roll these figures and facts off your tongue lately sure sounds like him 😃

6 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

I'm starting to wonder if Hubie Brown has hacked your account. The way you roll these figures and facts off your tongue lately sure sounds like him 😃

Nah, I'm not that smart.  basketballreference.com is your friend.;)