1 hour ago, ALT GRIND said:

Draft night might end up resembling John Wick 3.

We’re gonna be really ****** off?

3 hours ago, El Guapo said:

We’re gonna be really ****** off?

I actually liked the movie.

But I can imagine the Knicks' war room looking like the Continental hotel.  

It could be chaos.  

27 minutes ago, Arkm110 said:

Wouldn’t a 3-4 week return time have him ready for the summer league?

i'm thinking the same thing. People are over-reacting. He'll be ready right after the draft and before the end of the month, SL doesn't start until after the 4th of July. I guess the team could decide not to play him but aren't we playing in 2 SL this year? he definitely should be in the second one but realistically, he would be ready for the 1st one as well. It may be that the team could decide to hold him out which I don't think will help him, may not hurt him, but I don't think it will help either. 

35 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

I actually liked the movie.

But I can imagine the Knicks' war room looking like the Continental hotel.  

It could be chaos.  

😂. The movie was a riot-i enjoyed it too.

i was referring to the last scene, paraphrasing the last lines of the movie.

I don't think this should affect FO's decision to draft Ja. He is pretty much a lock at #2. I am more interested to see who we will take if we get a 2nd first round pick from the Conley trade and if we will be able to get any prospects to come in for a workout, guys who may go in the teens or early 20s.

20 hours ago, Parsons_Refund said:

Some of y'all...

He's getting a "loose body" removed from his knee using arthroscopy (not like real surgery).  This has been there since birth, and isn't something that just recently developed.  He's getting it taken care of before he reaches the pros, like anyone would.  He will probably even be better after since the defect won't be in his knee anymore.  

Y'all need to chill.

And you know this how? Got a link? I hope you're right btw.

I’m a little more concerned now after reading the Commercial Appeal article today. It was giving examples of players who had the same surgery. The first example was D’Angelo Russell. Sounds like no problem except there hasn’t been enough time yet. The other examples were Blake Griffin, Kevin Love, and Joakim Noah, all of whom have consistent knee troubles. 

On 6/2/2019 at 1:02 PM, Parsons_Refund said:

Some of y'all...

He's getting a "loose body" removed from his knee 

OK. Now I get it.

2 hours ago, lsugrizzfan said:

I’m a little more concerned now after reading the Commercial Appeal article today. It was giving examples of players who had the same surgery. The first example was D’Angelo Russell. Sounds like no problem except there hasn’t been enough time yet. The other examples were Blake Griffin, Kevin Love, and Joakim Noah, all of whom have consistent knee troubles. 

Grizzlies will send in the same doctors who checked out Parsons, so all is clear.

5 hours ago, lsugrizzfan said:

All big men though, with a lot of weight going through their knees.

3 hours ago, Dave's Not Here said:

So what if he misses Summer League. It's not like the games matter.

Let him get healthy for the season.

Our luck he would get hurt during SL. I think its for the best. 

I still want us to pick him but the skeptic in me wonders why he chose to have the surgery now.

Couldn't he have had it immediately after his season ended?  Did he not do it then because he feared it would affect his draft position?

Did he work out for anybody?

Or it may be as simple as he's having it now that he has a guarantee of being the 2nd pick.

Just asking...

3 hours ago, CarloJ63 said:

I still want us to pick him but the skeptic in me wonders why he chose to have the surgery now.

Couldn't he have had it immediately after his season ended?  Did he not do it then because he feared it would affect his draft position?

Did he work out for anybody?

Or it may be as simple as he's having it now that he has a guarantee of being the 2nd pick.

Just asking...

It makes sense that he would delay this minor procedure until after getting assurances he wouldn't fall too far in the draft. Clearly his camp believes that Ja is going no worse than 3rd in the draft, there is no reason to delay the procedure any longer and if he is ready to go in three to four weeks that means he will be able to attend the draft and likely participate in summer league. 

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 2:02 PM, Parsons_Refund said:

Some of y'all...

He's getting a "loose body" removed from his knee using arthroscopy (not like real surgery).  This has been there since birth, and isn't something that just recently developed.  He's getting it taken care of before he reaches the pros, like anyone would.  He will probably even be better after since the defect won't be in his knee anymore.  

Y'all need to chill.

source? how do you know its been there since birth? from what I've read, it has to come from trauma (which he hasn't really had) or how he plays the game. I doubt he has had a loose body in his knee since he has been born and been dealing with it for almost 20 years. especially being a basketball player.. please provide a source or this just seems like message board talk

4 minutes ago, First Team All Memphis said:

I understand the trepidation associate with this, but I think he will be fine. as long as the underlying cause isn't reoccurring. at worst, he misses the summer league. heres a link to a doctor who has a channel on youtube breaking down ja injury and what it means.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmHkzL9ifZU

Teddy B posted this about nine hours ago. It is literally on the same page in this thread but thanks for trying to keep us informed. 

Just now, First Team All Memphis said:

yeah I saw that after the post.. my bad

We do appreciate you trying to keep us informed.