I think its just a scope of some kind, 3-4 weeks recovery.  I don't claim to know anything about the nature of it or what all it entails. 

24 minutes ago, costarica2 said:

Just a minor thing.

Every time that seems to be the case our guys end up missing half the season.

I assume this means he’s not playing summer league 

6 minutes ago, lsugrizzfan said:

The curse of the Grizzlies has already got him

We're trying to outwit the curse by throwing out info we're intending to pick Ja...all part of the master plan to keep Barrett healthy!

Ugh so he won't be able to play summer league. That's kinda annoying the Grizzlies can't win for losing

57 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

Yea Garland was already low on athleticism so a torn meniscus ain't helping at all.... He might be a better shooter than JA but that's about it

6 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

Yea Garland was already low on athleticism so a torn meniscus ain't helping at all.... He might be a better shooter than JA but that's about it

Garland unathletic?  Maybe you know more about it than ESPN but I'll go with them this time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4F9eyCYjfQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Hk6BwXBFcE

7 hours ago, bhoyal said:

Garland unathletic?  Maybe you know more about it than ESPN but I'll go with them this time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4F9eyCYjfQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Hk6BwXBFcE

Yea he’s not athletic he’s quick and shifty but not speedy and explosive. And once you start tearing knee ligaments quick and shifty becomes smart and calculated. 

Garland is a better shooter than JA but if Ja works with a shooting coach and makes his shot more respectable then Garland loses that edge

5 hours ago, Ace-is-high said:

Wonder if Ja's camp is hoping we pass on him, hoping he falls to Knicks or Lakers 

Don’t take him or his people to be those types. I think for the first time in a while we have two top prospects who genuinely don’t care what team they go to. Those small town kids aren’t used to all this exposure and coverage and sometimes it can be uncomfortable I applaud Zion for welcoming the idea of going to NO and the same fit Ja here. They are very humble

he will MISS the summer league 

12 hours ago, Ace-is-high said:

Wonder if Ja's camp is hoping we pass on him, hoping he falls to Knicks or Lakers 

Why would you think that?

Also, why would a player about to be drafted voluntarily get surgery in the hopes that he falls in the draft and lose guaranteed money in the process?

4 hours ago, Father Pat said:
  •  
    498 x 273 · animatedgif
    •  

Some of y'all...

He's getting a "loose body" removed from his knee using arthroscopy (not like real surgery).  This has been there since birth, and isn't something that just recently developed.  He's getting it taken care of before he reaches the pros, like anyone would.  He will probably even be better after since the defect won't be in his knee anymore.  

Y'all need to chill.

3 minutes ago, Parsons_Refund said:

Some of y'all...

He's getting a "loose body" removed from his knee using arthroscopy (not like real surgery).  This has been there since birth, and isn't something that just recently developed.  He's getting it taken care of before he reaches the pros, like anyone would.  He will probably even be better after since the defect won't be in his knee anymore.  

Y'all need to chill.

I can see Ja/RJ being the Trae/Luka of this draft.  Could be a triple threat fight for ROY along with Zion.  Although long-term there are some other players with as much potential (but maybe higher risk and lower floors).  

Those 3 guys are probably Tier 1.5. Then there are a bunch of guys who are Tier 2, 2.5, 3, and 4.  

Things could really get interesting with the 4th pick in the draft.

I could see Zion or Ja or RJ getting an MVP award or 2. I could just as easily see them not getting any MVP awards for this class -- but each looks like a member of a championship core.  

I kinda like the top of his draft better than last year's too.  Although maybe it is top 3 heavy instead of top 5 heavy (but the big 3 are just a bit better), but more depth after that.  I think the 2018 draft was overrated in terms of top-end future MVP candidates and in terms of relative depth.  This one is probably underrated but even some who don't really like this draft at the top concede that it is probably deep.

Im not worried about this. Doesn't seem like a big deal.