Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

FedEX Forum Darft Night Party

It's official. The Grizzlies are having a draft party on June 20th that is open to the public (although some seats will be reserved for the season ticket holders only). Toronto has 10,000 people paying to sit outside to watch the Raptor's playoff games on TV. Hopefully Memphis can get 5,000 to a free event indoors. 

2 hours ago, chipc3 said:

It's official. The Grizzlies are having a draft party on June 20th that is open to the public (although some seats will be reserved for the season ticket holders only). Toronto has 10,000 people paying to sit outside to watch the Raptor's playoff games on TV. Hopefully Memphis can get 5,000 to a free event indoors. 

Memphis could probably get 10,000 people to watch them in the Finals outside of the Forum.....but, it's impossible to know with the historic ineptitude of our front office.

I do remember that the city was buzzing with GnG when they had the 2-1 lead against the Warriors. But, I can't currently blame the fans for being apathetic. The front office hasn't cared, so why should we? They're not wrong in waiting for the front office to show them some hope, before recommitting. Most of the Grizzlies' time in Memphis has been painfully hard to watch----but, I think crowd support and their deflated attitude will change pretty quickly when Ja laces up.

I'm out of town, but, I plan on being there.  I am hoping the new coach and GM will change the Grizzlies enough to head the right direction.

3 hours ago, chipc3 said:

If there is free food, there will be plenty in attendance.

I'll be at South of Beale from 4:30 to 5:30 and then kicking at FedEx Forum until the draft is over. 

Either I’ll start at South of Beale or Aldo’s to grab a bite then straight to the Forum!

Thinking about grabbing my GoPro to record crowd anticipation as well as reaction. 

See y’all tonight!

ROLL CALL !

Definitely a festive atmosphere!

I photobombed 3 different news broadcasts.

we are IN HERE !!!

29 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

lol the live feed just went down right as the draft is starting... because of course it did.  

I just have NBA.com up on the laptop.  Can't see anything, just have to wait for the name to appear.  Perhaps a bit more boring...

Any pics from the party or videos?  I want to see when ppl explode when they saw us drafting Ja.

8 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Either I’ll start at South of Beale or Aldo’s to grab a bite then straight to the Forum!

Thinking about grabbing my GoPro to record crowd anticipation as well as reaction. 

See y’all tonight!

You gonna upload a few video clips to this board?

45 minutes ago, GameOn said:

You gonna upload a few video clips to this board?

I got banged at the gate with the GoPro... but I think I got a few good shots with my phone... 

I know Chip , Slim and GTF prolly have some great ones!

I just want to say how great it felt last night to see so many people turn out for the draft party! I have been tough on the city for failing to show support in the past but last night was incredible.

This guy is very well spoken . Seems like a good dude. His family-Moms Pops sister are here too.

He was just asked a question about how it feels to get to play with 13.

Says he is in awe and very emotional and excited to be here in Memphis!

Quick shoutout to Regina’s on Main !

50 cent wings and $1.50 frozen margaritas every Friday!

I may or may not have dabbled in a couple frozen adult beverages!

💫🤣💫