rc0213

RJ Barrett Declining Request From Grizzlies For Private Workout

1 hour ago, ALT GRIND said:

The Pelicans, Grizzlies, Knicks, Lakers, Cavs, and Suns have the top 6 picks. What could go wrong?

Well, the Knicks and Lakers want to sign or trade for superstar vets so they may trade outa nd not even want a rookie. The Suns ar etrying to get more vets as they have been in teh lottery like 10 straight years. I'm pretty sure if the Lakers and/or Knicks trade out, the team they trade with will select him but him ending up in Cleveland would be pure gold. 

1 hour ago, Once_a_hater said:

Its a shame he wont workout just to avoid us.

He's working out for 1 team so if that's the case, he's avoiding 28 teams as well in addition to us. 

1 hour ago, Once_a_hater said:

Its a shame he wont workout just to avoid us.

Who cares? We are not picking him.

It's Ja or Zion if Pelicans pass on him

Has anybody though about drafting RJ Barrett and actually keeping Conley?   If we have Val, Conley, Barret, Slo-Mo, J3 along with other veterans and young talent it would seem we are only one free agent signing or trade away from being able to win now instead and being bad and hoping to at some point be good again.  What do guys think about not tanking and trading Mike and actually trying to win now.  Just a thought.  I feel like drafting Ja we are hitting the reset button because someone being compared to DeAron Fox is not a like to carry us to the playoffs and possible a championship in a few years.  I don't see very many of the reset button teams finding success. 

YO

11 minutes ago, GrizzliesIQYO said:

Has anybody though about drafting RJ Barrett and actually keeping Conley?   If we have Val, Conley, Barret, Slo-Mo, J3 along with other veterans and young talent it would seem we are only one free agent signing or trade away from being able to win now instead and being bad and hoping to at some point be good again.  What do guys think about not tanking and trading Mike and actually trying to win now.  Just a thought.  I feel like drafting Ja we are hitting the reset button because someone being compared to DeAron Fox is not a like to carry us to the playoffs and possible a championship in a few years.  I don't see very many of the reset button teams finding success. 

YO

No no no no no no no no No no no no no no no no No no no no no no no no No no no no no no no no No no no no no no no no No no no no no no no no No no no no no no no no No no no no no no no no No no no no no no no no No no no no no no no no No no no no no no no no No no no no no no no no No no no no no no no no No no no no no no no no No no no no no no no no no

YO

6 minutes ago, Allen said:

No no no no no no no no No no no no no no no no No no no no no no no no No no no no no no no no No no no no no no no no No no no no no no no no No no no no no no no no No no no no no no no no No no no no no no no no No no no no no no no no No no no no no no no no No no no no no no no no No no no no no no no no No no no no no no no no No no no no no no no no no

YO

Very well said.

💫🤣💫

37 minutes ago, GrizzliesIQYO said:

YO

Yes.  If I were king, it would be so ordered.  But alas ... sigh.

4 hours ago, GrizzliesIQYO said:

YO

After last night , I have to admit, I think about that.

Resign Delon and JV to longterm deal with less salary per year, to make enought space to sign RJ.

Sign Holiday and Noah to 2 years deals, as cheap as you can, if possible with teams options.

Draft RJ or Culver

MC/Delon/Carter

RJ or Culver/Holiday/Yuta

SlowMo/Dillon/CJ

Jaren/Caboclo/Parsons

JV/Noah/Rabb

This team looks solid, for now and the future. 

23 hours ago, Once_a_hater said:

Resign Delon and JV to longterm deal with less salary per year, to make enought space to sign RJ.

Sign Holiday and Noah to 2 years deals, as cheap as you can, if possible with teams options.

Draft RJ or Culver

MC/Delon/Carter

SlowMo/Dillon/CJ

Jaren/Caboclo/Parsons

JV/Noah/Rabb

We can’t honestly expect a rookie to help us to the playoffs could we? That sounds like a tall order even if JJJ has a breakout season.

Why didn't JJJ want to work out for us?

Im still nervous hes going to bounce as soon as he can 

On 6/14/2019 at 11:03 AM, GrizzliesIQYO said:

YO

we can draft ja and still compete

conley/ja/carter

slowmo/delon/holiday

bruno/miles/yuta

3js/parson/rabb

jv/noah/zellar

1 hour ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

we can draft ja and still compete

conley/ja/carter

slowmo/delon/holiday

bruno/miles/yuta

3js/parson/rabb

jv/noah/zellar

You forgot Dillon.

Conley/Ja/Carter 

Delon/Bradley/Yuta(2w)

Caboclo/Dillon/CJ

Jaren/SlowMo/Parsons

JV/Noah/Rabb

On 6/14/2019 at 3:17 PM, Once_a_hater said:

Draft RJ or Culver

MC/Delon/Carter

SlowMo/Dillon/CJ

Jaren/Caboclo/Parsons

JV/Noah/Rabb

The west is WIDE open, other than say Denver. The warriors might be back in 2 years, but I'd say with Curry's age, Thompson's injury is the death nail.

Portland might lose one or both of CJ or Dame, and without a truly great point guard the Jazz don't have enough offense. You obviously have to worry about the Lakers with AD now, especially if they can convince Kyrie to join them. 

I think that Kawhi will probably resign with Toronto, so the clippers aren't likely to get anybody that can move them to the top of the west.

You do have to worry about Sacramento, and maybe Dallas with a healthy Porzingis.

But like I said, the west doesn't have any super teams anymore. In fact, the west is even less difficult than the east is right now. The east has a lot more quality teams and top end talent.

I am of the mind to compete now instead of hoping we can break it down and build it back up.  Mike Conley is the best pg to ever play here.  I think we should keep him here.  I don't care who we draft.  I think drafting JA and expecting he is a star is too much, too early.  I hope he is great but I believe it will take time and he could easily be a bust.   

YO

9 minutes ago, GrizzliesIQYO said:

I am of the mind to compete now instead of hoping we can break it down and build it back up.  Mike Conley is the best pg to ever play here.  I think we should keep him here.  I don't care who we draft.  I think drafting JA and expecting he is a star is too much, too early.  I hope he is great but I believe it will take time and he could easily be a bust.   

YO

How and why?

36 minutes ago, GrizzliesIQYO said:

YO

Then go get Gordon Hayward aka the Mike Conley of small forwards (when healthy) and picks.   

I think this draft is Ja/Zion then a step down to about 10-15 guys.  Ranking those 10-15 is the tough part.

I love Ja but the opportunity to trade down to 4 that’s being rumored would be too good to pass up if Ingram is being included. 

I’d then keep Mike and draft Culver or Hunter. 

2 minutes ago, jtp0000 said:

I love Ja but the opportunity to trade down to 4 that’s being rumored would be too good to pass up if Ingram is being included. 

I’d then keep Mike and draft Culver or Hunter. 

That's a rumor?

Ja and Zion would be pretty pretty good. 

Culver. Meh. 

38 minutes ago, Allen said:

How and why?

Our pg is better than Kyle Lowry who was in the finals.  Our Center if we resign Val is equivalent to the Centers in the final.  JJJ can impact like Pascal.    We have comparable guys to Van on our roster.   Kawhi was a 15th pick.  We have the #2 pick.  We have players that produce similar to Danny Green.   They also had a rookie coach.  We have the pieces.  They just need to be coached and we can use this draft as leverage to get back to being a playoff team we were a couple of years ago. 

YO

Just now, GrizzliesIQYO said:

Our pg is better than Kyler Lowry who was in the finals.  Our Center if we resign Val is equivalent to the Centers in the final.  JJJ can impact like Pascal.    We have comparable guys to Van on our roster.   Kawhi was a 15th pick.  We have the #2 pick.  They also had a rookie coach.  We have the pieces.  They just need to be coached and we can use this draft as leverage to get back to being a playoff team we were a couple of years ago. 

YO

Ok. Easy part: just go get the next Kawhi.  Haha.

and is there a Kyle Lowry in this draft?  Garland?  But with better offense and less D?

do we get Culver???  Why???? His agent should be the POTUS. Cam Reddish's agent should be VEEP.  What a charade with those two jokers!

Jerry West likes Ja Morant.  Not gonna argue with West and Ja can jump over me so I am not gonna argue with him either.  But dang -- we should hire the Murray State coach. He's a wiz!

11 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Ok. Easy part: just go get the next Kawhi.  Haha.

and is there a Kyle Lowry in this draft?  Garland?  But with better offense and less D?

do we get Culver???  Why???? His agent should be the POTUS. Cam Reddish's agent should be VEEP.  What a charade with those two jokers!

Jerry West likes Ja Morant.  Not gonna argue with West and Ja can jump over me so I am not gonna argue with him either.  But dang -- we should hire the Murray State coach. He's a wiz!

I'm down.  Our new coach has never played.  I'm sure he is more qualified. 

YO

5 minutes ago, GrizzliesIQYO said:

I'm down.  Our new coach has never played.  I'm sure he is more qualified. 

YO

Not sure the Murray St. guy played anywhere either but that team ran actual plays. Made Marquette look like a rec league team.  If those dudes had Cam Reddish, Jack White, and Marques Bolden they win the whole thing right?

8 hours ago, GrizzliesIQYO said:

Our pg is better than Kyle Lowry who was in the finals.  Our Center if we resign Val is equivalent to the Centers in the final.  JJJ can impact like Pascal.    We have comparable guys to Van on our roster.   Kawhi was a 15th pick.  We have the #2 pick.  We have players that produce similar to Danny Green.   They also had a rookie coach.  We have the pieces.  They just need to be coached and we can use this draft as leverage to get back to being a playoff team we were a couple of years ago. 

YO

So we just need to find a player as good as Leonard and we’re set

On 6/15/2019 at 6:14 PM, grizzgolf said:

Why didn't JJJ want to work out for us?

Im still nervous hes going to bounce as soon as he can 

You should be nervous for that, especially if this team fails to put talent around him.

And it's unlikely that talent comes from mid to late first round picks.