rc0213

RJ Barrett Declining Request From Grizzlies For Private Workout

Should Grizzlies pick him as a lottery pick anyways, and, force him to play with us?!  LOL  Just kidding.  But, that would be karma. IMHO, I think any college player would be appreciative of ANY NBA chances, and, NOT be picky like some of these college players are with Memphis. 

RJ Barrett Declining Request From Grizzlies For Private Workout - RealGM Wiretap

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/254011/RJ-Barrett-Declining-Request-From-Grizzlies-For-Private-Workout

Now here is an example of a pampered player that will leave as soon as he can. Not the barely recruited OVC player who grew up grinding and is happy to be in the league.

Eh, who cares. He clearly prefers NY and we’ve given “indications” we’re all but set on Ja. There’s no chance he slips past 3, so seems like a rational decision for him.

Yet for some reason people feel the need to argue everyone immediate acception of Ja at two instead of RJ. JA literally checks all the boxes on and off the court and he's just as talented as RJ so why would people even want to discuss RJ as an option at 2?

27 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Yet for some reason people feel the need to argue everyone immediate acception of Ja at two instead of RJ. JA literally checks all the boxes on and off the court and he's just as talented as RJ so why would people even want to discuss RJ as an option at 2?

Because teams should do their homework.  

I bet lots of teams are looking to either trade up or down.  Not just the Knicks.  

Jaren refused to work out for us last year also... Y'all remember? We picked him anyway and he has not been a malcontent. 

I don't get it from Barrett's perspective, but I also don't think it's a huge deal. 

47 minutes ago, Zappastache said:

Jaren refused to work out for us last year also... Y'all remember? We picked him anyway and he has not been a malcontent. 

I don't get it from Barrett's perspective, but I also don't think it's a huge deal. 

He's young and wants to play in the big city as compared to potential obscurity in the South. Not to mention he stands to make far more in endorsements in a big market than he would here. It makes plenty of sense. 

47 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

He's young and wants to play in the big city as compared to potential obscurity in the South. Not to mention he stands to make far more in endorsements in a big market than he would here. It makes plenty of sense. 

Plus NY is much closer to home than Memphis. (I just looked it up on a globe)

I imagine he knows the Grizzlies are going to go with Ja but it is still strange that he wouldn't work out with the Grizzlies considering the difference in money. Oh well. No skin off anyone's nose here in Memphis. 

10 minutes ago, CoolHandGriz said:

Plus NY is much closer to home than Memphis. (I just looked it up on a globe)

But New Orleans aint closer.

3 hours ago, Zappastache said:

This is kinda true. JJJ refused to work out with us, but on the day of the draft his agent called to inform the Grizz that JJJ would be fine if they drafted him.

As far as RJ....I love when dudes are so scared of going to a city or a situation that they won't even workout there. They think that they're being strategic, but they're actually showing entitlement, laziness, and an incredible lack of testicular fortitude.

7 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

I'm moving RJ down my big board.

How 'bout THAT Air Wroten????

That'll show him!

I hope when we play Kyle, Delon, and Ja all take his candy and lunch money, and JV, Jaren, Bruno, and Kyle send everything he's offering eleven rows back.  Entitled jerk.

Wait a minute, the Grizz already let people know they wanted Ja. So why be so offended by RJ?

4 hours ago, TonyMassenturd said:

This is kinda true. JJJ refused to work out with us, but on the day of the draft his agent called to inform the Grizz that JJJ would be fine if they drafted him.

As far as RJ....I love when dudes are so scared of going to a city or a situation that they won't even workout there. They think that they're being strategic, but they're actually showing entitlement, laziness, and an incredible lack of testicular fortitude.

Or they feel they have the ability to control their future. There is nothing wrong with trying to control where you spend your life.

Why would he need to workout for us? When is Ja's workout scheduled? Now if HE says no, I have an issue...

8 hours ago, srmjr23 said:

He's gonna end up in a small market in NO anyways.  It's very unlikely he'll play in NY

1 minute ago, toocoolkellz said:

He's gonna end up in a small market in NO anyways.  It's very unlikely he'll play in NY

It is much more likely he plays in NYC than anywhere else. But whatever.

5 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

It is much more likely he plays in NYC than anywhere else. But whatever.

If Davis is traded to NYC you can bet your bottom dollar his @$$ is in that Trade