Ole Dirty Klondike

Is Ja Morant Worthy of a #2 pick?

3 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I actually read an article today with the premise are we getting dumber drafting, with the idea that the tornoto raptors won the title without 1 lottery pick, and the article talked to several scouts and exces and asked them why they thought that: one scout said that he thought it had to do with the MOCK drafts, that creates a mob mentality and if a guy is moving up the mock drafts than of course it must mean there is something there.

Oh yeah, it was written by Tom Habershroh, you heard of him?

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/nba-insider-tom-haberstroh/are-we-getting-worse-nba-draft

Hunter is good. I can see him being worth a pick at 3 or 4.  

I think I am gonna have Ja at 1 for playmaking.  

Funny how nobody has Zion lower than 1, and lots of people doubt he is on that Shaq/LeBron level and he obviously lacks the size, skill, polish of PF GOAT Tim Duncan.  

Too many average (but long, experienced, disciplined) college forwards like Xavier Tillman or UCF's Tacko Fall did a halfway decent job containing Zion. And the NBA is freakishly long and pretty much everyone has some strength.  

Zion probably wouldn't even be projected as the best 2nd pick of all time (Durant/West) or 3rd (Jordan).  Zion might be more like an above-average top pick and that is IF he polishes up some things AND his game translates.  

Ja or RJ or Garland or Hunter or Bol should be at least in SOME mock drafts.  

Lots of groupthink going around.  

1 minute ago, Rdk4121 said:

At least by trading Conley, we are locked into getting Ja at 2. We don't have to worry about anyone thinking they can trade up for it, etc. 

you mean having more options?

Just now, guillermo said:

you mean having more options?

No, we have our one option. If we wanted other options we could have kept Conley and built around that with whatever we could pick up in that trade, plus Jaren and JV. But we already made our choice. 

36 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I actually read an article today with the premise are we getting dumber drafting, with the idea that the tornoto raptors won the title without 1 lottery pick, and the article talked to several scouts and exces and asked them why they thought that: one scout said that he thought it had to do with the MOCK drafts, that creates a mob mentality and if a guy is moving up the mock drafts then of course it must mean there is something there.

Oh yeah, it was written by Tom Habershroh, you heard of him?

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/nba-insider-tom-haberstroh/are-we-getting-worse-nba-draft

Yea I have, and have your heard of just genuine talent?

Id like you to recap the last 10 titles and then come back and tell me what your point is. 

As a matter of fact I want you to go as far back as the last 20 years and then try and tell me what your point is.

Heck, you can even go back to he western and Eastern conference finals and try and tell me what your point is. 

1 hour ago, Memphis Maverick said:

Yea I have, and have your heard of just genuine talent?

Id like you to recap the last 10 titles and then come back and tell me what your point is. 

As a matter of fact I want you to go as far back as the last 20 years and then try and tell me what your point is.

Heck, you can even go back to he western and Eastern conference finals and try and tell me what your point is. 

Maybe I could just quote Shaq, who said you need the two stars, but the role players put you over the top. You can't just have two stars. If Big Shot Bob doesn't make that 3, he said. 

But what does Shaq know. 

8 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Maybe I could just quote Shaq, who said you need the two stars, but the role players put you over the top. You can't just have two stars. If Big Shot Bob doesn't make that 3, he said. 

But what does Shaq know. 

Well I guess he just proved my point too now didn’t he. More likely to find a star in the lottery than not. 

Thank you for playing. See you next time. 

1 hour ago, Memphis Maverick said:

Well I guess he just proved my point too now didn’t he. More likely to find a star in the lottery than not. 

Thank you for playing. See you next time. 

that if they don't have Robert Horry makes that shot they don't win that championship?

Just now, Kevin B Moses said:

that if they don't have Robert Horry makes that shot they don't win that championship?

No that they had players that were selected in the top 10. Bye now. 

11 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

bruh 

he can :

- embarrass a man off the bounce with the handles

- step back and stroke a three

- YAM one in somebody's mug - with TWO HANDS

- hit 'em with a nasty FILTHY lob to ... THIRTEEN!!!

I can't WAIT for them to roll the ball out there!

Me too Bud!

Even if he struggles out of the gate - his passing ability will still make Jaren better.    Ja actually LOVES passing/playmaking.  Thats awesome and ideal to pair with Jaren.     Developing and establishing Ja+Jaren this upcoming season then being smart with capspace and adding assets.   Means in two years max we can start making real moves towards playoff contention.   

4 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

No that they had players that were selected in the top 10. Bye now. 

that who had that? I'm seriously not sure how you got from: mob mentality and that hunter is probably better than ja, to THEY had players selected in top 10.

lol, maybe you are thin-skinned about the fact that Toronto just blew up your theory that you DONT have to have players drafted in the top 10 to win a championship. You don't even have to have a steph curry level point guard to do it, and you can actually have a slow lumbering center in your starting lineup.

Bye, I guess?