Sign in to follow this  
Father Pat

agent zero and scouting

https://sports.yahoo.com/gilbert-arenas-pointed-out-teammates-flaws-and-refused-to-root-for-them-when-he-was-on-the-bench-195321065.html

Former Grizzly Gilbert Arenas was a terrible teammate. I read this article and to me, it pointed out the need for "deep" scouting. Stats are easy for anyone to find. What's going on between the ears is a different matter. A future draft pick or trade, the Grizzlies need to know if a potential player is a jerk or not. According to the Nets Jared Dudley "there are players like this". Most of us know this, but obviously Wallace didn't know or care when he brought Arenas on board. Hopefully Wexler/Kleiman are more proactive when it comes to players personalities.

Jordan was a jerk 

4 hours ago, Father Pat said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/gilbert-arenas-pointed-out-teammates-flaws-and-refused-to-root-for-them-when-he-was-on-the-bench-195321065.html

Former Grizzly Gilbert Arenas was a terrible teammate. I read this article and to me, it pointed out the need for "deep" scouting. Stats are easy for anyone to find. What's going on between the ears is a different matter. A future draft pick or trade, the Grizzlies need to know if a potential player is a jerk or not. According to the Nets Jared Dudley "there are players like this". Most of us know this, but obviously Wallace didn't know or care when he brought Arenas on board. Hopefully Wexler/Kleiman are more proactive when it comes to players personalities.

I wouldn't be bashing Wallace for bringing him on.  It isn't like he signed him for a whole season, just fill in late season hired help.

3 hours ago, Allen said:

Jordan was a jerk 

1 hour ago, Dave's Not Here said:

Same with Kobe

Two of the best players of all time should allow for all team cancers to be signed? 

1 hour ago, smit-tay griz said:

I wouldn't be bashing Wallace for bringing him on.  It isn't like he signed him for a whole season, just fill in late season hired help.

You think it was wise to bring in a guy like that for a playoff run? Do you think what he did would be good as the rest of the guys are trying to win games, especially playoff games? Would you want to be around a guy like that at work?

16 minutes ago, Father Pat said:

Two of the best players of all time should allow for all team cancers to be signed? 

You think it was wise to bring in a guy like that for a playoff run? Do you think what he did would be good as the rest of the guys are trying to win games, especially playoff games? Would you want to be around a guy like that at work?

I commented without reading the article. You most definitely don’t want a guy like Arenas on your team. I was disappointed to read that because he was one of my favorite players to watch. He has a pretty pathetic point of view. You can’t win with a guy like that 

7 hours ago, Father Pat said:

Last year's haul was bringing in quality guys like Temple and Shelvin Mack and Kyle Anderson.

I think they were decent guys asked to carry a greater load than they were asked to carry.

Arenas was a Hail Mary signing where the key attribute was he wasn't Jeremy Pargo or Lester Hudson or some guy like Marcus Williams. The Hail Mary attempt fell incomplete.

2 hours ago, Father Pat said:

42 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Arenas was a Hail Mary signing where the key attribute was he wasn't Jeremy Pargo or Lester Hudson or some guy like Marcus Williams. The Hail Mary attempt fell incomplete.

That answers it.

I remember him playing well when he was here

5 hours ago, Allen said:

I remember him playing well when he was here

He had some moments, but he was just a shadow of what he was.  Still, in light of what the article said, I have much less respect for the selfish jerk.

If I remember correctly,  Wallace looked into Arenas after reading several threads on the boards suggesting he would fill a need. So, I would blame the posters, not Wallace. 

39 minutes ago, Wells said:

If I remember correctly,  Wallace looked into Arenas after reading several threads on the boards suggesting he would fill a need. So, I would blame the posters, not Wallace. 

Is this true? Wallace should have been fired immediately after this was found out 

9 hours ago, Wells said:

I thought it was from a blog, not the message board, but same difference

On 5/26/2019 at 1:32 PM, Wells said:

Actually it was initiated by a blog by Lee Eric Smith at 3 Shades of Blue.

1 hour ago, smit-tay griz said:

So it's partly your fault.:angry:

:lol:

I was thinking the same thing.

3 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

So it's partly your fault.:angry:

:lol:

Image result for seriously gif

Blame Lee Eric Smith not me! 

15 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Actually it was initiated by a blog by Lee Eric Smith at 3 Shades of Blue.

Why is it that all well known assassins are known by three names?