Sign in to follow this  
First Team All Memphis

How the Grizz can make the Playoffs in 2019

I don’t think it will save the franchise enough to make a major move, or any move for that point, but it would save them some money just the same.

14 hours ago, MemphisX said:

Would not waive him. Never know what opportunities will surface by the deadline. He’s not a problem in the locker room. So if he can play, let him come off the bench if he can earn the minutes.

i feel you on this way of thinking, but like I said before, especially if they move on from Mike, the way this FO seems to be operating is that they want no coaches, FO types, or players left over from the last regime. Not saying it will happen 100% but I would not be surprised if they clean house in the locker room as well. Marc is gone, Mike should follow. that only leaves Chandler honestly.

On 5/21/2019 at 4:25 AM, First Team All Memphis said:

How do yall feel about Kyle Anderson tho?  is he a piece of the future?

If he can play for Popovich, he can play. 

On 5/20/2019 at 1:21 PM, chipc3 said:

I don't know if that is as true anymore as it once was. The rules have changed somewhat. However, an expiring contract can be valuable to a team looking to get way under the salary cap the following off-season and may be willing to trade veterans who are decent to good players but taking up space the next summer for salary cap purposes for an more expensive expiring contract that would allow a team to go after a major free agent in the off-season. 

Thanx. Now to see why it is ideal for every situation except, of course, ours. 

1 hour ago, TimBC said:

If Popovich released him to free agency instead of resigning - or even matching the Grizzlies offer - what does that mean? 

Image result for hmmm meme

1 hour ago, TimBC said:

right, he can play but how effective is he? he can shoot, but he's a good ball handler and creator. I feel like he's more of a guy that should come off the bench for what he offers or if he's a starter, he has to be a glue guy that plays with high end starters.

On 5/22/2019 at 10:44 AM, chipc3 said:

If Popovich released him to free agency instead of resigning - or even matching the Grizzlies offer - what does that mean? 

Pretty sure he said it was a budget squeeze. 

35 minutes ago, TimBC said:

Pretty sure he said it was a budget squeeze. 

What else would he say?

Odds are that he liked Kyle and wasn't about to torpedo his chances of cashing in with another team. Besides, the idea of a division rival tying up salary with a damaged player makes it a little easier for his team.