Sign in to follow this  
Kevin B Moses

I don't see why the grizzlies can't model their team after the Milwaukee Bucks: stop trying to be like the warriors

Just now, toocoolkellz said:

You don't know what Jaren will do,  that's all speculation 

I know what most superstars do, so let's just call it an educated guess.

Also, the reason the grizzlies had a 7 year run with GNG is mainly do to exactly this scenario. The grizzlies found a star player (zbo) who was entering his prime (zach was 28) and rode him for 7 years to the playoffs. 

That is what I am suggesting with Conley.

9 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Also, the reason the grizzlies had a 7 year run with GNG is mainly do to exactly this scenario. The grizzlies found a star player (zbo) who was entering his prime (zach was 28) and rode him for 7 years to the playoffs. 

Let's make another educated guess. Mike already expressed not wanting to be around fot a rebuild or just making noise.  You keep him amd get no assests.  He walks  for nothing,  you end up with nothing but capspace but as you said,  Memphis isn't a free agent destination. So essentially you wasted your time 

Mike Conley is a great player, ( hence a great asset) this team will win alot more games with Mike Conley, but won't move the needle towards long term development towards building a sustainable winner. 

Mike has done lots for us, but moving forward he is best as an asset, not in blue uniform. Sorry! 

How many more threads are you planning to make that suggest we draft RJ instead of Ja Morant?

You wanted Thabeet - how did that turn out? All it takes is one person to make a bad move so let's all get with the program. There is nothing on video or otherwise (except for in your mind KBM) that suggests will be better than Ja Morant. 

We take the best player for the Grizzlies. Period. Stop with this nonsense (I know you won't but you really should). 

1 hour ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Sooo ... you have decided that our 4th pick ... of this season - JJJ  without playing a full season or a game really without foul trouble #13 is a SUPERSTAR ...

(or if I have misunderstood  - I may be reading it wrong )

huh 

whut

really?

I mean - I HOPE he can reach his potential ... I BELIEVE he will ... but not ready to start calling anybody a superstar ... we don't even have 1 All-Star - YET 

Bruno might have some Freaktential.

I like Bazley -- 6'9 ish athletic ball handler.  A Con Man trade could give us a pick to get him.  

For all we know, some team is gonna turn Bol Bol into a Slo Mo Giannis (what I would do).  I am playing Bol 2.0.  at the 4 or maybe even the 3.  Big Toothpick is gonna get broken in half at the 5.  

If we get extra picks I think we should swing for the fences.  

There are so many generic 6'6-6'8 wings in this thing that it's not even funny.

10 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Sooo ... you have decided that our 4th pick ... of this season - JJJ  without playing a full season or a game really without foul trouble #13 is a SUPERSTAR ...

(or if I have misunderstood  - I may be reading it wrong )

huh 

whut

really?

I mean - I HOPE he can reach his potential ... I BELIEVE he will ... but not ready to start calling anybody a superstar ... we don't even have 1 All-Star - YET 

I'm saying that if he ain't a superstar then why are we rearranging our entire team around him an Ja? That doesn't make sense. But if he is, then we need to maximize those years and the best way to do it (the way he maximized conley and marc) was to pair him with a vetearn star and Mike is as good as any to do that with.

I also explained that it isn't unprecedented to have an older former star pg (who is past his prime) to still lead a team to a championship or beyond. Jason Kidd and Rondo.

Mike is a valuable player based on how much he can give a team even past his prime years. 

You made another thread to discuss the same thing we are discussing in three other threads? No one on this board said we want to be like the Warriors hell Ja doesn't even shoot three's and the majority of the board likes the idea of adding him. The warriors don't have one player on their team that plays like Ja so in what way is anyone trying to mold this team like the Warriors you completely made that argument up to start this thread.

I'm pretty sure everyone that wants us to get Ja want the team to be space and pace Pick and Roll heavy on offense cause it benefits our best two youngest players Ja and Jaren the warriors without KD run a bunch of motion stuff off back screens and curls and flare screens with KD they run KD iso

Milwaukee actually plays space and pace Pick n Roll stuff and when Giannis is on the ball he isos at the top of the key and tries to get to the rim if he's stopped the whole team is spotting up around the perimeter for 3 so what are you talking about?? The team is going to take Ja so just deal with it

1 hour ago, Ndq0327 said:

You made another thread to discuss the same thing we are discussing in three other threads? No one on this board said we want to be like the Warriors hell Ja doesn't even shoot three's and the majority of the board likes the idea of adding him. The warriors don't have one player on their team that plays like Ja so in what way is anyone trying to mold this team like the Warriors you completely made that argument up to start this thread.

I'm pretty sure everyone that wants us to get Ja want the team to be space and pace Pick and Roll heavy on offense cause it benefits our best two youngest players Ja and Jaren the warriors without KD run a bunch of motion stuff off back screens and curls and flare screens with KD they run KD iso

Milwaukee actually plays space and pace Pick n Roll stuff and when Giannis is on the ball he isos at the top of the key and tries to get to the rim if he's stopped the whole team is spotting up around the perimeter for 3 so what are you talking about?? The team is going to take Ja so just deal with it

This

7 hours ago, Memphis Maverick said:

I’m afraid they aren’t. Jonas is somewhat similar to Brooks, but not a floor spacer.

Jaren is a better shooter than Giannis and nowhere near as athletic and can’t rebound. 

Brook Lopez was a worse shooter than Jonas at the same age, while Jonas is better at pretty much everything else than Brook, including D which Brook is getting a lot of credit for this year for basically just standing in the paint (often blatantly cheating off his man) and waiting for Giannis, Middleton, Brogdon and Bledsoe to just funnel guys into him.

I remember in Lopez's years with the Nets he was one of the worst defensive Cs in the league. He gets his share of blocks, but is lazy, soft and rebounds worse than about any guys his size you could think of. This current Bucks team is pretty much as perfect a fit as there could be for him.

As for Jaren vs. Giannis, yeah there's no comparison unless Jaren shows he can run a fast break, and a pick'n'roll in the halfcourt.

Anyway, trying to mimic teams is always a bad idea. While the Raptors aren't directly mimicking anyone, they made the trade to try to open up the game and play more of a pace and space style...and now they lack interior scoring, consistent secondary scoring, rebounding, interior toughness, and with Wright gone as well, the perimeter and playmaking depth is crap.They were lucky Embiid put up a massive dud in that series or they would have lost. It wasn't Gasol's D, Embiid just looked physically, and later mentally, completely debilitated. 

16 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

The bucks are starting Brook Lopez (Jonas)

The Greek Freak (Jaren)

Khris Middleton (RJ Barrett, Cam Reddish)

Mattew Brogdon (Dillon Brooks)

Eric Bledsoe (Mike)

George Hill (Delon Wright)

If anything should tell you about the bucks this year, it's that starting an offensive center, next to an athletic beast is an absolute formula for success. I think I'm offically on the RJ Barrett train at this point.

The grizzlies have everything that the bucks have, it is eerie how perfect this team matches what the bucks are doing. I would not trade Conley from my cold dead hands. Barrett would make this team a lot better. I don't get this front office.

the grizzlies as of 5/18/2019 has NEVER had a SUPER STAR PLAYER  on there roster  the bucks have one 

8 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I'm saying that if he ain't a superstar then why are we rearranging our entire team around him an Ja? That doesn't make sense. But if he is, then we need to maximize those years and the best way to do it (the way he maximized conley and marc) was to pair him with a vetearn star and Mike is as good as any to do that with.

I also explained that it isn't unprecedented to have an older former star pg (who is past his prime) to still lead a team to a championship or beyond. Jason Kidd and Rondo.

Mike is a valuable player based on how much he can give a team even past his prime years. 

Are you trying to make up history?  Rondo must've hit his prime early when he led the Celtics to the championship despite being hampered by three HoFers on the team in only his SECOND SEASON in the league.

Emulating the latest hot team is stupid, unless your objective is being a second rate version of the latest hot thing.

14 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

The bucks are starting Brook Lopez (Jonas)

The Greek Freak (Jaren)

Khris Middleton (RJ Barrett, Cam Reddish)

Mattew Brogdon (Dillon Brooks)

Eric Bledsoe (Mike)

George Hill (Delon Wright)

If anything should tell you about the bucks this year, it's that starting an offensive center, next to an athletic beast is an absolute formula for success. I think I'm offically on the RJ Barrett train at this point.

The grizzlies have everything that the bucks have, it is eerie how perfect this team matches what the bucks are doing. I would not trade Conley from my cold dead hands. Barrett would make this team a lot better. I don't get this front office.

Bledsoe has been eating Conley alive ever since they've been playing against each other.

13 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

jaren is trending that way. 

Lol this is ridiculous. Jaren will never be an initiator or a quarter of the slasher Giannis is. I love JJJ but he doesn’t have the twitchiness, body control, speed, quickness, handles, or strength of Giannis. 

Furthermore, Lopez spreads the floor, Jonas does not

Not to mention it will be Ja that we are building around. JJJ is a huge piece of that and he fits perfectly with Ja. Ja is a slasher/playmaker that needs the paint clean. JJJ is a stretch and demands a body on him outside. So good start but Ja is not the secondary piece here. 

30 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Bledsoe has been eating Conley alive ever since they've been playing against each other.

Stated without any factual support or truth.  I checked head-to-head matchups of Conley and Bledsoe by going through several years of game logs.  Conley regularly outscored Bledsoe as well as getting the team victory.  Prior to MC's personal high of 40 this season, his best game was 38 and the win against Bledsoe and his 14.

10 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

mama KBM on them drugs again.

May need to ban him ala Tyreke from posting threads for a while!   Ooops is it too soon??

33 minutes ago, BAMAFREAK said:

Not to mention it will be Ja that we are building around. JJJ is a huge piece of that and he fits perfectly with Ja. Ja is a slasher/playmaker that needs the paint clean. JJJ is a stretch and demands a body on him outside. So good start but Ja is not the secondary piece here. 

Jaren would actually be best used in pick and pops.  Ja/Bruno pick and rolls would be fun.  Now we need to figure out what kind of off guard to pair with Ja.

1 hour ago, ALT GRIND said:

Jaren would actually be best used in pick and pops.  Ja/Bruno pick and rolls would be fun.  Now we need to figure out what kind of off guard to pair with Ja.

slowmo/reddish/rhood  idc as long as they are over sized for the sg position

the BUCKS already had a SUPERSTAR the best move they did the BUCKS sign a GREAT COACH