Sign in to follow this  
Kevin B Moses

I don't see why the grizzlies can't model their team after the Milwaukee Bucks: stop trying to be like the warriors

Recommended Posts

The bucks are starting Brook Lopez (Jonas)

The Greek Freak (Jaren)

Khris Middleton (RJ Barrett, Cam Reddish)

Mattew Brogdon (Dillon Brooks)

Eric Bledsoe (Mike)

George Hill (Delon Wright)

If anything should tell you about the bucks this year, it's that starting an offensive center, next to an athletic beast is an absolute formula for success. I think I'm offically on the RJ Barrett train at this point.

The grizzlies have everything that the bucks have, it is eerie how perfect this team matches what the bucks are doing. I would not trade Conley from my cold dead hands. Barrett would make this team a lot better. I don't get this front office.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jonas isn't Lopez

Brooks isn't Brogdon

Jaren isn't Giannis

Mike isn't Bledsoe (Mike's  better)

So you're already off to a bad start with this one 😑

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Jonas isn't Lopez

Brooks isn't Brogdon

Jaren isn't Giannis

Mike isn't Bledsoe (Mike's  better)

So you're already off to a bad start with this one 😑

lol, okay. Nice contribution. You know what else: Ja isn't curry, lillard or prime westbrook either.

The point is that Jaren and Jonas are very similar to Lopez and Giannis, weather you want to admit it or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

lol, okay. Nice contribution. You know what else: Ja isn't curry, lillard or prime westbrook either.

The point is that Jaren and Jonas are very similar to Lopez and Giannis, weather you want to admit it or not. 

I’m afraid they aren’t. Jonas is somewhat similar to Brooks, but not a floor spacer.

Jaren is a better shooter than Giannis and nowhere near as athletic and can’t rebound. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Memphis Maverick said:

I’m afraid they aren’t. 

explain their dis-similarities, please. other than the fact that you are obsessed with creating Golden State 2.0 in memphis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kevin B Moses said:

explain their dis-similarities, please. other than the fact that you are obsessed with creating Golden State 2.0 in memphis.

I don’t really care to recreate anything. It’s funny you are upset that I’ve stuck to my guns about players I’ve wanted and have been right while you have been horrifically wrong. 

Ive always just wanted the best player available regardless of what that is. 

I just explained the biggest difference between Giannis and Jaren etc. post above what you just posted. Perhaps you should look at it before calling me out just to fail again. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

I don’t really care to recreate anything. It’s funny you are upset that I’ve stuck to my guns about players I’ve wanted and have been right while you have been horrifically wrong. 

Ive always just wanted the best player available regardless of what that is. 

I just explained the biggest difference between Giannis and Jaren etc. post above what you just posted. Perhaps you should look at it before calling me out just to fail again. 

 

yeah jaren can't rebound, but neither can brook lopez. But you know what Jonas CAN rebound. So: Jonas is the rebounder that Jaren isn't while Giannis picks up the rebounding duties for Lopez.

The same stregths and weaknesses for Memphis's duo that Milwakuee has. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, guillermo said:

if we had 6'11" Russell Westbrook like Bucks have we could have this conversation

 

jaren is trending that way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact of the matter is, if Milwaukee wins the title this year, it's going to throw a lot of these Space and Pace teams in a different light. The bucks are doing it differently and Giannis, singlehandedly makes that teams pace fast despite the fact that they field a team of slower players.

This is the direction the grizzlies should be heading towards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

The fact of the matter is, if Milwaukee wins the title this year, it's going to throw a lot of these Space and Pace teams in a different light. The bucks are doing it differently and Giannis, singlehandedly makes that teams pace fast despite the fact that they field a team of slower players.

This is the direction the grizzlies should be heading towards.

This will require our young unicorn to step up his game to next couple levels- especially rebounding and playmaking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, guillermo said:

This will require our young unicorn to step up his game to next couple levels- especially rebounding and playmaking

I think that rebounding isn't going to be the deciding factor, but I do agree that he has to become all worldly: but isn't THAT what everybody on this board is banking on anyway? All I hear is that we now have 2 superstars, so I'm not sure why trying to model your team on a team that is very similar to the players you already have and that team is having success, why THAT wouldn't be the goal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you trying to troll the forum or something ?

You anwser your own question in the tittle stop trying to be the Warriors bucks ect ...

Be the Memphis Grizzlies wherever that is.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

explain their dis-similarities, please. other than the fact that you are obsessed with creating Golden State 2.0 in memphis.

Giannis and Jaren are both 6'11" with about 7'4" wingspans and are really long. The similarities end there. Giannis is much more athletic than JJJ and always has been, he's a better ball handler as well. Giannis has some G skills, Jaren doesn't. Giannis is a more natural rebounder as well. None of the is to say Jaren is a bad player, he's really young and has a good skillset in hitting the outside shot and as a finisher. He plays d as well. I don't see him projecting to be Giannis, just different skillset. Giannis has G skills and can play the 3, jaren is probably more naturally a 5 who can play the 4. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Giannis and Jaren are both 6'11" with about 7'4" wingspans and are really long. The similarities end there. Giannis is much more athletic than JJJ and always has been, he's a better ball handler as well. Giannis has some G skills, Jaren doesn't. Giannis is a more natural rebounder as well. None of the is to say Jaren is a bad player, he's really young and has a good skillset in hitting the outside shot and as a finisher. He plays d as well. I don't see him projecting to be Giannis, just different skillset. Giannis has G skills and can play the 3, jaren is probably more naturally a 5 who can play the 4. 

Again, while I can agree with you on some of that, the problem is that this board SEES Jaren as our superstar, and so if he ISNT like Giannis, or doesn't have the potential to be: then why are we investing all our eggs in his basket. He needs to be Giannis-like.

You guys can't have it both ways. Either he is a potential superstar in the vein of Giannis or he isn't. Can't get more cut n dry than that. If he is, then the grizzlies should absolutely model our current team around the Milwaukee way.

And that goes for maximizing the 6 years we have Jaren under team control. And as i've said many times, 27-30 year olds win championships. The grizzlies don't need to be getting rid of any high level developed players at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

Keeping Mike won't get us to that model,  at best first round bounced

Mike doesn't have anything to do with it. What I'm pointing out about Mike is that high level star and former star point guards have lead teams to the finals well past their prime: Jason Kidd. 

So the idea is that Mike could be a valuable player for the duration of Jaren's team control years (another 6 years roughly), as opposed to drafting a point guard who it will take 5 years to develop and multiple playoff runs to get him ready to make a run at it: think Damien Lillard.  and having only 2 years with prime jaren, which would you rather have?

Developing a pg should be the last resort of any team, because it takes a serious amount of investing.

You don't have to have superstar Mike at the point guard spot, but you do have to have a point guard with a tremendous amount of knowledge to go far in the playoffs.

Keeping Mike means that you aren't going to waste Jaren's good years, developing a player at the hardest position to learn, only to find out that he isn't good enough to get you to the next level.

Mike is extremely valuable.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You better get Ja Morant. I think we can get another RJ either through free agency or trades. Ja is the truth. Why is it even a debate. Conley doesn't wanna go through a rebuild. We gotta swing for the fences. I love Conley but c'mon. Time to move on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Again, while I can agree with you on some of that, the problem is that this board SEES Jaren as our superstar, and so if he ISNT like Giannis, or doesn't have the potential to be: then why are we investing all our eggs in his basket. He needs to be Giannis-like.

I've never said that. Jaren is a good piece to have but you need better players. He could be your 3rd option but you need two better players ahead of him. 

 

Quote

You guys can't have it both ways. Either he is a potential superstar in the vein of Giannis or he isn't. Can't get more cut n dry than that. If he is, then the grizzlies should absolutely model our current team around the Milwaukee way.

And that goes for maximizing the 6 years we have Jaren under team control. And as i've said many times, 27-30 year olds win championships. The grizzlies don't need to be getting rid of any high level developed players at this point.

He isn't

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I've never said that. Jaren is a good piece to have but you need better players. He could be your 3rd option but you need two better players ahead of him. 

 

He isn't

okay, we'll that solves it. but i doubt most people here hold that position as you do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, f-dizzle said:

You better get Ja Morant. I think we can get another RJ either through free agency or trades. Ja is the truth. Why is it even a debate. Conley doesn't wanna go through a rebuild. We gotta swing for the fences. I love Conley but c'mon. Time to move on. 

The debate is this: jaren has 6 years left of team control, how long do you think it will be before Ja has the ability to make a deep run in the playoffs? Realistically speaking? Take Lillard for example. He's 28 years old. Ja is 19. Lillard has been swept out of the playoffs for years.

Look, realistically speaking you can't assume that you can both develop a point guard Ja AND keep your superstar Jaren for longer than 7 years roughly. It just doesn't happen. 

So developing a point guard you risk losing Jaren without anything to show for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Mike doesn't have anything to do with it. What I'm pointing out about Mike is that high level star and former star point guards have lead teams to the finals well past their prime: Jason Kidd. 

So the idea is that Mike could be a valuable player for the duration of Jaren's team control years (another 6 years roughly), as opposed to drafting a point guard who it will take 5 years to develop and multiple playoff runs to get him ready to make a run at it: think Damien Lillard.  and having only 2 years with prime jaren, which would you rather have?

Developing a pg should be the last resort of any team, because it takes a serious amount of investing.

You don't have to have superstar Mike at the point guard spot, but you do have to have a point guard with a tremendous amount of knowledge to go far in the playoffs.

Keeping Mike means that you aren't going to waste Jaren's good years, developing a player at the hardest position to learn, only to find out that he isn't good enough to get you to the next level.

Mike is extremely valuable.   

Jaren is19, if it takes 5 years to develop a pg that means neither will be in their primes respectively. Mike on the other definitely will be out of his.  You're right Mike is valuable as a trade piece.  You use the bucks as the model but they haven't won a chip,  however GS did what most are suggesting and has won

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing I agree here is that we cant put all our money in Ja, we should be able to get a young prospect throw a MC trade. Rui Hachimura or Reddish, maybe both if a team like Heat or Wolves want to dump salary, Ja will need time to adjust and even if he explodes to be a Curry we still lack a wing that could be a factor late in games.

But man, enjoy the ride, we got lucky to be at #2, most ppl agree that this class is top 3 heavy. And we are there, we can choose between RJ and Ja, seems they choose Ja, and to tell the truth I understand why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, toocoolkellz said:

Jaren is19, if it takes 5 years to develop a pg that means neither will be in their primes respectively. Mike on the other definitely will be out of his.  You're right Mike is valuable as a trade piece.  You use the bucks as the model but they haven't won a chip,  however GS did what most are suggesting and has won

Team control on Jaren lasts 7 years to 8 years. If it takes 5 years to develop a point guard you got 2 years to make a run with them before Jaren bolts to a big market.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kevin B Moses said:

Team control on Jaren lasts 7 years to 8 years. If it takes 5 years to develop a point guard you got 2 years to make a run with them before Jaren bolts to a big market.

You don't know what Jaren will do,  that's all speculation 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this