Sign in to follow this  
bhoyal

OT: Faragi Phillips

Since there is no forum for college or local h.s. ball, I will ask here.

Did Penny want him as an assistant coach at Memphis but couldn't add him because of something to do with coaching Lomax in AAU ball at some point?

Is he qualified to be a D-1 assistant?  What is his coaching history like?

On 5/18/2019 at 12:18 AM, bhoyal said:

Since there is no forum for college or local h.s. ball, I will ask here.

Did Penny want him as an assistant coach at Memphis but couldn't add him because of something to do with coaching Lomax in AAU ball at some point?

Is he qualified to be a D-1 assistant?  What is his coaching history like?

Ohhh... you mean Pre-Grizz basketball questions ;)

You are in the right place kinda sorta ... as long. as it is Grizz related🙃 ask away !

SEVERAL very knowledgeable hoops heads in here...

somebody will know .

One resource that I leaned on heavily is fanboyslim - he knows his stuff

Chip ... nah ... not too Tiger centric but knowledgeable on Blue Bear stuff

Oh Wait GTF ...GrizzTigerFan - 

If he doesn't know the answer - he knows where to get it

I don’t think penny wanted him as an assistant because he didn’t need him for his ties to Memphis kids but him being at Whitehaven was to keep the relationship strong with Mathew. Stackhouse hiring him is 100% Murrell related. It’s a desperate play by Stack to get a foot in the door with Memphis recruiting.

7 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

You are in the right place kinda sorta ... as long. as it is Grizz related🙃 ask away !

somebody will know .

fanboyslim seems to have disappeared.  I hope it's just a summer break or something, and I hope it has nothing to do with Marc being traded.  

10 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

somebody will know .

Pastner and Tubby years were dark times in my UofM fandom.  I am just now getting back into fold!    

2 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

fanboyslim seems to have disappeared.  I hope it's just a summer break or something, and I hope it has nothing to do with Marc being traded.  

Yea i hope that wasn't the straw that broke his back!  Isnt he originally from Spain too?    We are entering a chaotic NBA off season in regards to trades and free agency - this is prime @fanboyslim time for these boards!

I really enjoy all of the international people posting here and offering views from their perspectives.    I hope we keep all the new JV stans as well.  

11 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Pastner and Tubby years were dark times in my UofM fandom.  I am just now getting back into fold!    

Yea i hope that wasn't the straw that broke his back!  Isnt he originally from Spain too?    We are entering a chaotic NBA off season in regards to trades and free agency - this is prime @fanboyslim time for these boards!

I really enjoy all of the international people posting here and offering views from their perspectives.    I hope we keep all the new JV stans as well.  

From some of his posts it sounded like he still lives in Spain.  I hope he comes back.  He seems more knowlegeable about the CBA rules than anyone on the boards, and he's just a great forum member.

2 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

From some of his posts it sounded like he still lives in Spain.  I hope he comes back.  He seems more knowlegeable about the CBA rules than anyone on the boards, and he's just a great forum member.

So... wait has anybody checked on them over there? Can somebody check and let us know?

Thanks in advance!

Now that ya'll mentioned it ... has anybody checked on the Spanish Side of the Boards?

I speak NO Spanish at all ... any bi-linguals (Spanish / English) here care to take the temperature over there on the Spanish Board?

I mean after the Big Spain trade...

I know many came right from the start with Pau... JCN, and finally Marc AND they STAYED !

I kinda think many may have come here as player fans and before they realized it they were knee-deep in constructive discussions / mud- slinging AS passionate fans of the Memphis Grizzlies !

All the crazy international posting hours ... hitting refresh on browsers trying to get the play by play to stay fresh as we READ the games ... the RARE occasion we get to actually watch. Grizz game LIVE ...kinda meant 10 AM Tokyo timer me at least... and others logging in out here representing like the United Colors of Benetton commercial in far away time zones / date lines .

We have military vets (me) , military active enlisted , mothers, fathers / familiesbusinessmen, cousins, brothers, uncles, aunties, Grannys , Grand dads ...FRIENDS -. WE OUT HERE !!! Policemen, firemen, other professional sports members fanning out here on the Memphis Grizzlies FAN BOARD... nurses , doctors, students... developers - all that !Bankers, IT , Custodians... we ARE ALL OUT HERE! 

Would not shock me one bit to find that we have some fairly important people here posting with us .'

Like to say ->Good to see you to the newbies

Glad to have you back-> to the old heads

Even give a small small (smaller still) hat tip to the haters that keep us on our toes...hate on haters

Representing 

Ya'll good over there?

Somebody go check... 

Thanks in advance!

8 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

So... wait has anybody checked on them over there? Can somebody check and let us know?

Thanks in advance!

Now that ya'll mentioned it ... has anybody checked on the Spanish Side of the Boards?

I speak NO Spanish at all ... any bi-linguals (Spanish / English) here care to take the temperature over there on the Spanish Board?

I mean after the Big Spain trade...

I know many came right from the start with Pau... JCN, and finally Marc AND they STAYED !

I kinda think many may have come here as player fans and before they realized it they were knee-deep in constructive discussions / mud- slinging AS passionate fans of the Memphis Grizzlies !

All the crazy international posting hours ... hitting refresh on browsers trying to get the play by play to stay fresh as we READ the games ... the RARE occasion we get to actually watch. Grizz game LIVE ...kinda meant 10 AM Tokyo timer me at least... and others logging in out here representing like the United Colors of Benetton commercial in far away time zones / date lines .

We have military vets (me) , military active enlisted , mothers, fathers / familiesbusinessmen, cousins, brothers, uncles, aunties, Grannys , Grand dads ...FRIENDS -. WE OUT HERE !!! Policemen, firemen, other professional sports members fanning out here on the Memphis Grizzlies FAN BOARD... nurses , doctors, students... developers - all that !Bankers, IT , Custodians... we ARE ALL OUT HERE! 

Would not shock me one bit to find that we have some fairly important people here posting with us .'

Like to say ->Good to see you to the newbies

Glad to have you back-> to the old heads

Even give a small small (smaller still) hat tip to the haters that keep us on our toes...hate on haters

Representing 

Ya'll good over there?

Somebody go check... 

Thanks in advance!

Okay, I checked in on the Spanish Boards:

- I can hear crickets over there (they we're chirping in Spanish of course). :)

- the last post was in mid February...by Fanboyslim...in just one of the threads.

- They were talking about the same things we we're discussing here (convey or not to convey, hope we get a top 3 pick etc.).

- Most of the threads have no activity past a certain point last year (probably after Marc was traded).  They we're talking about how good Jaren was going to be etc.