Sign in to follow this  
toocoolkellz

Great time to be a fan

It's has turned out to be the most exciting summers I can remember for us.  It seemed like earlier this season many posters were complaining about not having a future but things have turned the corner.  We have a good piece in JJJ and a new one coming in through the draft(Ja). If we can get an additional lottery pick this summer will be absolutely amazing. The board has been on fire btw lol.  

Good point. The thing that still sits in the back of my head is that this has fallen into the F.O.'s lap. It wasn't a plan. Pera thought this was a 50+ win team at the beginning of the season. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the Pera - Wexler - Kleiman trio don't screw things up and hoping for the best. You are still right though, it is exciting right now.

8 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

It's has turned out to be the most exciting summers I can remember for us.  It seemed like earlier this season many posters were complaining about not having a future but things have turned the corner.  We have a good piece in JJJ and a new one coming in through the draft(Ja). If we can get an additional lottery pick this summer will be absolutely amazing. The board has been on fire btw lol.  

Yeah, honestly this might be the biggest positive of the new lottery odds - the fact that a franchise like the Grizzlies can go from an exciting playoff series in 2017 to having 2 potential game-changing prospects just 2 years later. I like that teams that are just "bad" as opposed to "horribly bad and/or tanking" can get opportunities like this.

9 minutes ago, ACGrizz said:

Yeah, honestly this might be the biggest positive of the new lottery odds - the fact that a franchise like the Grizzlies can go from an exciting playoff series in 2017 to having 2 potential game-changing prospects just 2 years later. I like that teams that are just "bad" as opposed to "horribly bad and/or tanking" can get opportunities like this.

It forces teams to actually try as opposed to just full on tanking

Indeed, I hope we can get a extra pick from the Bulls for Conley and Reddish turn out to be a 3&D star.

Other idea I had is to trade with the Wolves for the #11 + future pick, and draft Rui Hachimura and pair him and Jaren as the frontcourt of the future.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y6ry5yr6

Ja/Delon/Carter

Josh/Bradley/Dillon/Washburn

Covington/SlowMo/Holiday/Yuta

Rui/Parsons/Caboclo

JJJ/Noah/Dieng

4 minutes ago, Once_a_hater said:

Indeed, I hope we can get a extra pick from the Bulls for Conley and Reddish turn out to be a 3&D star.

Other idea I had is to trade with the Wolves for the #11 + future pick, and draft Rui Hachimura and pair him and Jaren as the frontcourt of the future.

Ja/Delon/Carter

Josh/Bradley/Dillon/Washburn

Covington/SlowMo/Holiday/Yuta

Rui/Parsons/Caboclo

JJJ/Noah/Dieng

At the 11th pick range I'd even start considering Bol Bol...

12 minutes ago, ACGrizz said:

At the 11th pick range I'd even start considering Bol Bol...

I like Bol Bol too, but I have a feeling Hachimura has potential to be one of those modern pf, that ppl will angry that passed on.

26 minutes ago, Once_a_hater said:

I like Bol Bol too, but I have a feeling Hachimura has potential to be one of those modern pf, that ppl will angry that passed on.

That's another guy I like, but the rebounding from a Rui/JJJ frontline concerns me.

4 hours ago, SC Grizz said:

Cause Carter is probably gone.

Carter was never going  to be a starter in the n.b.a he.ii be lucky if he in the league in 2/3 years 

38 minutes ago, lions said:

Carter was never going  to be a starter in the n.b.a he.ii be lucky if he in the league in 2/3 years 

I'm with you

Yes exciting summer coming and great season... if FO don't mess us all  making a bad trade on Mike and didn't care enough re-sign important player such as JV, Noah.... hopefully Pera learn from past mistakes.  For the moment we just win the lottery...

5 hours ago, toocoolkellz said:

Cosign!   I am thanking the BasketBall Gods for this bounty of debates and hot takes!  

8 minutes ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

Yes exciting summer coming and great season... if FO don't mess us all  making a bad trade on Mike and didn't care enough re-sign important player such as JV, Noah.... hopefully Pera learn from past mistakes.  For the moment we just win the lottery...

Yup,  we'll see what this front office does with this fortunate turn of events 

the most  exciting for me has not come yet chris Wallace saying a PARADE DOWN BEALE STREET 

15 hours ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

Pera Just started running the team...he hasnt ran the team since he bought it

I'm actually excited enough about the team to start posting again. I posted a few days before last year's draft and a little bit at this past year's trade deadline. Before then, I hadn't posted consistently since the **** Hubie days. I've been a fan the entire time, but found very little to talk about.

I've never seen a franchise that embodies, "it's better to be lucky than good." Because our front office has been hot garbage since Jerry West.

On 5/17/2019 at 7:09 PM, lions said:

Carter will be a starter in this league 

On 5/17/2019 at 4:25 PM, Once_a_hater said:

Bol could give you shades of Ralph Sampson, Kevin Durant, and Greek Freak.  Even if that is only a 10% outcome you take it. 

JAREN is the power forward of the future -- or at least OUR future.  

On 5/18/2019 at 3:48 PM, BeckyHammon4HC said:

Carter will be a starter in this league 

Carter needs to start knocking down the 3 ball.  If we go super small, Ja/Jevon would help push the pace, defend, and break down defenses.