When Should Conley be traded??

When Should Conley be traded?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should Conley be traded

• During the draft?
    • After the draft but before July 1st?
    • After July 1st but before the season?
    • Mid season at the deadline?

We've discussed where Conley should be traded but a new discussion should be when he should be traded.

During the draft, but if the deal its not available, we can  wait till July, but has to be before the season. Ja must enter into training camp as the Grizzlies lead guard. 

If you've identified a player that you like and you're able to get him with a draft pick that a Conley trade would net you, then during the draft. 

If you're not interested in anyone that a draft pick in a Conley trade would realistically get you, then wait until the chips start falling during free agency.

Only during the draft if you make them take Parsons too.  Look at the money that would open up.

If not, keep him until the trade deadline when some team is desperate to replace an injured starting PG and fleece them real good.  That would give Ja part of a season to study under Conley.  Then he and Carter take over point guard for real at that point forward.

11 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

Only during the draft if you make them take Parsons too.  Look at the money that would open up.

If not, keep him until the trade deadline when some team is desperate to replace an injured starting PG and fleece them real good.  That would give Ja part of a season to study under Conley.  Then he and Carter take over point guard for real at that point forward.

I'll pass on that idea sounds like a way to get stuck with a player that doesn't want to be here

I would love to see mike back now ,knowing  that we have the number 2 pick , have mike at the 1 ja morant at the 2  problem at 3 jjj at 4 Jonas at 5  that starting line-up looks pretty good 

2 hours ago, ACGrizz said:

If you've identified a player that you like and you're able to get him with a draft pick that a Conley trade would net you, then during the draft. 

If you're not interested in anyone that a draft pick in a Conley trade would realistically get you, then wait until the chips start falling during free agency.

Yep keep Chicago on hotline. If a guy we like falls to 7 make the move.   

Getting a lottery pick a 25yr old former lottery pick and bad contract is more than anyone thought was possible this past deadline.  While moving Mike to the East too.   

Do that or Do yall really think NK giving us RJ lol

3 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

I'll pass on that idea sounds like a way to get stuck with a player that doesn't want to be here

You don't trade him for a player.  You trade him for a boatload of draft picks.

Add that in plus JJJ and Ja/RJ plus existing young talent (Caboclo, D. Brooks, etc.) and you're building a winner for years to come.  I'm not guaranteeing that will make the Grizz the next Golden State... but I wouldn't rule it out.  Not every draft pick is going to be a bust.  The more you have, the more chance a few will end up really good.

3 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

You don't trade him for a player.  You trade him for a boatload of draft picks.

Add that in plus JJJ and Ja/RJ plus existing young talent (Caboclo, D. Brooks, etc.) and you're building a winner for years to come.  I'm not guaranteeing that will make the Grizz the next Golden State... but I wouldn't rule it out.  Not every draft pick is going to be a bust.  The more you have, the more chance a few will end up really good.

Who is giving you draft picks in a trade that includes Parsons? I'm pretty sure no one in the league is interested in Chandler Parsons right now now when his contract expires and some team signs him for 5mil things will be different but at his current price it would be silly to trade for him unless a team needs his expiring contract. Which then it would be dumb for the Grizz to do it cause they can load up on cap space and try to add a decent FA to go with the young core

10 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Who is giving you draft picks in a trade that includes Parsons? I'm pretty sure no one in the league is interested in Chandler Parsons right now now when his contract expires and some team signs him for 5mil things will be different but at his current price it would be silly to trade for him unless a team needs his expiring contract. Which then it would be dumb for the Grizz to do it cause they can load up on cap space and try to add a decent FA to go with the young core

Yeah he makes no sense. Don’t dilute your asset by attaching an albatross. We arent signing any big FA with that money anyways. Would be really dumb to do so

3 hours ago, lions said:

I would love to see mike back now ,knowing  that we have the number 2 pick , have mike at the 1 ja morant at the 2  problem at 3 jjj at 4 Jonas at 5  that starting line-up looks pretty good 

Ja Morant is not an off ball player. 

3 hours ago, lions said:

Ja averaged 12-6-6 off the ball for Murray St he pretty much doubled that on the ball makes no sense to put him off the ball. Mike can exit stage left we appreciate his contribution

if the thinking is- let’s roll with these 2 young bucs, then I’d do everything possible for a boston trade. my goal would be to get our conveyed pick back and I’d be willing to essentially give mikes services away in order to achieve that. 

ive heard some folks say here and on radio- just don’t worry about the convey and I understand the thought/hands up approach...but, missed high first round opportunities have a tendency to sting for a long time. 

id be exploring all possibilities with boston to rid ourselves of the obligation. 

slim. 

When the offer is right both in return on talent and money. JV and delon was fine having to resign them is another issue . if we get two guys we wanna keep like jv and delon they need to be locked up like warren from phx .getting our pick back would be nice as well .

12 hours ago, BAMAFREAK said:

Ja Morant is not an off ball player. 

Conley is though

Offensively they can play together I have no doubt 

paired together they may be undersized but would be incredibly exciting and dynamic in up tempo offense

9 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

When the offer is right both in return on talent and money. JV and delon was fine having to resign them is another issue . if we get two guys we wanna keep like jv and delon they need to be locked up like warren from phx .getting our pick back would be nice as well .

Jason Kidd ran a finals-winning team at the age of 37. He wasn't a superstar and he was well past his prime, but he was an integral part of that team's success.

And look what Rondo did at the age of 31, when everybody thought he was done. He got the boogie cousins-less pelicans to the second round of the playoffs.

Jrue Holiday did nothing. 

Point guards that are great are going to be valuable much later in their career. I would not trade conley. Period. 

1 minute ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Jason Kidd ran a finals-winning team at the age of 37. He wasn't a superstar and he was well past his prime, but he was an integral part of that team's success.

And look what Rondo did at the age of 31, when everybody thought he was done. He got the boogie cousins-less pelicans to the second round of the playoffs.

Point guards that are great are going to be valuable much later in their career. I would not trade conley. Period. 

I agree I don't want conley traded unless we can straight out fleece someone

Somehow I feel at ease with this new front office especially with Prince.

I'm sure they will wait for the best offer whenever that is.

11 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Yeah . that's why I think its really gotta be the perfect deal talent and cap wise . I'm not for pushing conley out the door just to make a move .