This is essentially a new FO with a new shot caller. The FO will be judged critically for the moves they make going forward. 

How will this FO be perceived? 

I don't want anymore weak-kneed trades with us giving away instead of receiving picks. 

4 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

1. Pick Ja

2. Trade Mike and Brooks to PHX for TJ Warren, Tyler Johnson, try for #6 pick; Swap in/ add Anderson as a sweetner

3. QO to Delon not more than $25mil/3years

4. JV opt in (hopefully), or sign $60mil/4 years (team option on last year)

4b. See if Noah will take $6-8mil/2year

5. Pick up Avery option

6. Sign Sam Cassell as HC

7. DO NOT trade Chancre; let his azzzzz expire

8. Move Miles, Washburn, Carter, Yuta by deadline

9. Offer Dorsey QO of min/2years (player option)

10. Let Holiday, Zeller walk

Agree with this plan. ( regarding point 4, from anonymous sources but close to the player, answer could be yes !!!) 

13 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Just curious what everyone's summer plans are? My wife and I are going to Greece in early June.

Just kidding. Not about our trip to Greece (Santorini and Mykonos plus Athens) but about the Grizzlies summer plans. 

Assuming the Grizzlies are sold on Ja Morant and aren't willing to trade away a franchise changing player (keep your fingers crossed) what do you believe the Grizzlies summer plans are? 

I see it this way (since Father Pat wants me to answer my own questions before giving others an opportunity to answer):

1. Hope Jonas opts in for one more season minimum 
  2. Trade Mike Conley before or during the draft - The trade may not be completed until July but have a deal done by draft night
  3. Re-Sign Delon Wright
  4. Release or trade Avery Bradley before camp
  5. If #1 didn't happen, re-sign Jonas for a four year deal with a team option on the 5th season. 

Anyone else see things differently? 

Instead of visiting monuments and stay on beaches, you should scout another freaking greeks for us 😁

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Sorry i shoulda clarified.  Ja Jaren and everyone else need to keep a bag handy.    He thinks Bruno, Jevon and Delon could be back.  He thinks people overhyped Dillon and that DB isn't safe because he isn't this regimes pick.  Same with Kyle.    

Personally i wouldn't count on Jonas coming back either and if he does its prob on the option.   

If he comes back on the option that's a vgood outcome, we get to see and evaluate the Jaren Jonas combo before committing longer term money at it.

If V opts out, and won't extend, give the $12-15mil to Julius Randle if he opts out of NO (with Zion coming, that's a distinct possibility)

It's not my preferred, because I'd rather Jaren @ PF and developing wing/handling skills, so V would be a better fit, also Randle doesn't shoot 3s at a good enough clip, so we'd be going back to a Zbo-Marc style of play again.

17 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Does anyone want Justin Holiday back on a cheap deal? He wasn't terrible down the stretch after all. 

No way!   He just looked like he didn't want to be here.

My summer plans included a trip to Québec City for a weekend to ask my girlfriend to marry me and spending more time in NYC. 

Oh wait....We aren't sharing this are we?   PS early fantasy football draft in June for my early league

5 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Mike Wallace from Grind City Media on Chris Vernon show today believes

• Conley will be traded
  • Avery won't be back
  • Nobody on current roster is safe 
  • Jonas wife isnt' a fan of Memphis so its very possible he won't be back longterm.
  • Coaching search will be geared towards someone who has a proven track record of developing young players
  • At very least he thinks Grizz will be tryin to get another pick in this draft.  Via trade or purchase

Losing Jonas would be a disaster, in my opinion. I think we could potentially weather the blow of losing Mike if we sign Delon, but losing Jonas would instantly be terrible.

I respect what Wallace says more than most, and if he thinks Jonas is thinking about leaving then this makes me real nervous. Again, the grizzlies front office and millennials in general are so gun-ho to jump without knowing what the facts are. A wise man once said that the best trade is the one you DONT make.

Again, this isn't about winning a championship anymore. It's about playing nba2k in real life. So we will see what happens.   

3 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

My summer plans included a trip to Québec City for a weekend to ask my girlfriend to marry me and spending more time in NYC. 

Oh wait....We aren't sharing this are we?   PS early fantasy football draft in June for my early league

Good luck in Quebec!!! That’s something everyone on the boards can get behind and support! Post pictures!!!

I want this fo to have a press conference and state their vision for this organization. it’s not the sexiest bullet point, but it may be the most important. the 3 year plan wasn’t the easiest of pills to swallow, but it gave us fans a clear understanding of their vision. it’s important for these counselors to lighten up on the double talk and secret agent mentality and share a vision. it ain’t a great look. you’re in the south- we’re sort of straight shooters. 

just a thought. 

slim. 

12 hours ago, ACGrizz said:

Those teams will want assets attached to him in order to take his contract for the year; we should not compound the Chandler problem by throwing away assets. He's a sunk cost at this point.

There is no set formula for trades. Teams do what benefit them and if a team needs salary for a season, they would pull the trigger. 

1 hour ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

There is no set formula for trades. Teams do what benefit them and if a team needs salary for a season, they would pull the trigger. 

But a team will accomplish that through overpaying on a 1-year deal for a player they at least deem competent (e.g., Sixers with Reddick and Lakers with KCP), not by absorbing dead salary like Chandler’s.

13 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

Rumor has it that your girlfriend is looking for a 40 year contract with a no trade clause 😁 Good luck with the "negotiations". Quebec City is an amazingly beautiful city. 

On 5/18/2019 at 7:48 AM, memphis slim said:

I want this fo to have a press conference and state their vision for this organization. it’s not the sexiest bullet point, but it may be the most important. the 3 year plan wasn’t the easiest of pills to swallow, but it gave us fans a clear understanding of their vision. it’s important for these counselors to lighten up on the double talk and secret agent mentality and share a vision. it ain’t a great look. you’re in the south- we’re sort of straight shooters. 

just a thought. 

slim. 

Image result for bingo gif

On 5/17/2019 at 10:57 PM, GrizzTigerFan said:

Mike Wallace from Grind City Media on Chris Vernon show today believes

• Conley will be traded
  • Avery won't be back
  • Nobody on current roster is safe 
  • Jonas wife isnt' a fan of Memphis so its very possible he won't be back longterm.
  • Coaching search will be geared towards someone who has a proven track record of developing young players
  • At very least he thinks Grizz will be tryin to get another pick in this draft.  Via trade or purchase

Sounds like a good plan on my end. I want JV gone, Conley traded, Parsons expired, Wright resigned. All the other stuff should be placed in the hands of J4.

On 5/18/2019 at 7:48 AM, memphis slim said:

I want this fo to have a press conference and state their vision for this organization. it’s not the sexiest bullet point, but it may be the most important. the 3 year plan wasn’t the easiest of pills to swallow, but it gave us fans a clear understanding of their vision. it’s important for these counselors to lighten up on the double talk and secret agent mentality and share a vision. it ain’t a great look. you’re in the south- we’re sort of straight shooters

just a thought. 

slim. 

Wexler and Kleiman are lawyers, slim. Being straight shooters isn't in their nature.

Sorry pal.

see your point father pat. however, if we don’t start winning in a couple of years and the fo is still doing this crap...lo’d help em. 

slim. 

I could certainly see the logic of ja and jjj as locks and the rest- lets make a deal. if d.brooks is in high demand, a deal can be made. just my take. 

slim. 

A few things I want to note:

If we go full rebuild, avery shouldn't be back, either via trade or just waiving him. Bring back Dorsey since he's young and could at least be a decent piece off the bench long term. 

Hopefully JV opts in. If he does we can just have him play with this young core and be fine, but more importantly, we can trade him by the deadline and get some value back. 

If we do the Chicago trade (Felicio, Dunn, 7th pick), which I hope we do, we should consider doing a sign and trade with Delon. Dunn is pretty much what Delon is, but he's a couple years younger. We could try to get Josh Jackson from the suns, or some other young player from a playoff team. 

We'd also have plenty of cap space to try to sign Oubre, julius Randle, or whoever we might want in a RFA.

On 5/18/2019 at 4:00 AM, grizzgolf said:

Good luck man!!!

I like the plans to:

- trade Mike

- expire or trade Parsons

- trade DB (and any other non key player that can get us something)

- have a transparent plan going forward

- DRAFT JA MORANT 

This summer I'll be taking my dad on a retirement trip to the US Open tennis tournament in NY. Also have plans for the 11th year of my PY$WYMI fantasy league live draft in Nashville. Should be a good summer!

#6  Hire a quality head coach you believe in and we can count on having for several years. Also, pay him a competitive salary, no more low-balling.

My plans are pass all my exams that I have tomorrow and then become a senior and then just enjoy my 18th birthday and get my driver license and then just chill the rest of summer

On 5/18/2019 at 3:00 AM, grizzgolf said:

Better city for an American to visit: Quebec City or Montreal?

good thread...my priorities...#1 get a seasoned head coach, NBA, Europe or elite NCAA program..in that order.  #2 Trade Mike...it doesn't matter what we get back, 2nd rounder is more likely, JA needs room to make mistakes and learn with time on court and we get BIG salary relief.  Sign JV on July 1...were a MUCH better "team" with a BIG man that gets you 20 & 10 on most nights and will be physical. #4  Replace MC on roster with FA like Beverly...30 yrs old, seasoned, knows his role/JA.....#5  Make a push for playoffs, does not matter what the seeding ends up...this team needs to build an identity of winning and what it feels like...you can make roster moves from a position of winning versus its a rebuild that never ends

Grizzlies priorities should be:

1. Find out what Jonas Valencuinas' plans are (June 13) 
  2. Decide what you want (and can get) or don't want for Conley
  3. Draft Ja Morant 
  4. Hire a head coach
  5. Field a Summer league roster

Until the Grizzlies front office decides on what to do with Conley, nothing else really matters. No matter what, they don't have to make that call until after JV makes his decision. If he opts in or not doesn't matter really in the long term vision but until he decides the Grizzlies would be foolish to tip their hands. 

Once JV has made his decision, the Grizzlies can then decide what to do with Conley. Do they want to keep him, trade him for veterans or an all out youth movement needs to be decided prior to the draft in my opinion. I personally will be surprised if a trade isn't announced before the first round ends if JV opts out. If he opts in I would still not be surprised if Conley is traded during the draft but more than I would if JV opts out. 

After the FO has made up their mind on Conley's situation everything will likely fall into place rather quickly. 

4 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Grizzlies priorities should be:

1. Find out what Jonas Valencuinas' plans are (June 13) 
  2. Decide what you want (and can get) or don't want for Conley
  3. Draft Ja Morant 
  4. Hire a head coach
  5. Field a Summer league roster

Until the Grizzlies front office decides on what to do with Conley, nothing else really matters. No matter what, they don't have to make that call until after JV makes his decision. If he opts in or not doesn't matter really in the long term vision but until he decides the Grizzlies would be foolish to tip their hands. 

Once JV has made his decision, the Grizzlies can then decide what to do with Conley. Do they want to keep him, trade him for veterans or an all out youth movement needs to be decided prior to the draft in my opinion. I personally will be surprised if a trade isn't announced before the first round ends if JV opts out. If he opts in I would still not be surprised if Conley is traded during the draft but more than I would if JV opts out. 

After the FO has made up their mind on Conley's situation everything will likely fall into place rather quickly. 

I think J,V wants to know who going to be the next grizzlies coach before he decides , I,m starting to think this is becoming a joke for this to take that long, the grizzlies hired 4 coaches over the last 6/7 years