chipc3

Summer Plans

Just curious what everyone's summer plans are? My wife and I are going to Greece in early June.

Just kidding. Not about our trip to Greece (Santorini and Mykonos plus Athens) but about the Grizzlies summer plans. 

Assuming the Grizzlies are sold on Ja Morant and aren't willing to trade away a franchise changing player (keep your fingers crossed) what do you believe the Grizzlies summer plans are? 

I see it this way (since Father Pat wants me to answer my own questions before giving others an opportunity to answer):

1. Hope Jonas opts in for one more season minimum 
  2. Trade Mike Conley before or during the draft - The trade may not be completed until July but have a deal done by draft night
  3. Re-Sign Delon Wright
  4. Release or trade Avery Bradley before camp
  5. If #1 didn't happen, re-sign Jonas for a four year deal with a team option on the 5th season. 

Anyone else see things differently? 

I think this is a good plan only want JV and Delon back. Only want Delon back long-term though.

Both Mike and Avery need to be traded for future assets?

I think that's the most sensible plan. On the Conley trade it needs to be right though, some combination of actual good young talent, cap space/expirings and good picks. If not I think its beneficial to let him mentor Ja and make sure we're in a position to convey next year.  I think there will be a good enough offer to balance that out though. 

Trade Conley on draft night or in the Summer. Try to take back as much one year money as you can.

JV picks up his option or dont resign.

See what you can get for Bradley's contract. If not, bring him back to move at the deadline.

Wright or any decent backup does it for me. Not that hard to find.

Please, no 3 or 4 year Rodney Hood deals. Basically, one year guys only this offseason. Maybe two years.

Does anyone want Justin Holiday back on a cheap deal? He wasn't terrible down the stretch after all. 

Just now, chipc3 said:

Does anyone want Justin Holiday back on a cheap deal? He wasn't terrible down the stretch after all. 

It'd have to be cheap and I imagine he'd get a better offer with all the space teams have this year, I wouldn't want him on a long deal but presumably whoever made the decision to sign him might if they still have a say in the FO. 

10 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

No

Trade Conley,  hopefully for a 2nd lottery pick (not likely but neither was the 2nd pick). Draft Ja to usher in a new era.  Figure out the JV situation. Sign delon for the low low. I was thinking to sign jv long term but truthfully get him to opt in and reassess next year.  Figure out what's our vision and style of play

3 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Just curious what everyone's summer plans are? My wife and I are going to Greece in early June.

Just kidding. Not about our trip to Greece (Santorini and Mykonos plus Athens) but about the Grizzlies summer plans. 

Assuming the Grizzlies are sold on Ja Morant and aren't willing to trade away a franchise changing player (keep your fingers crossed) what do you believe the Grizzlies summer plans are? 

I see it this way (since Father Pat wants me to answer my own questions before giving others an opportunity to answer):

2. Trade Mike Conley before or during the draft - The trade may not be completed until July but have a deal done by draft night
  3. Re-Sign Delon Wright
  5. If #1 didn't happen, re-sign Jonas for a four year deal with a team option on the 5th season. 

I'm on board with everything except the Greece thing. 

Just now, Father Pat said:

I'm on board with everything except the Greece thing. 

Image result for Santorini gif

4 hours ago, chipc3 said:
  • Trade Mike Conley before or during the draft - The trade may not be completed until July but have a deal done by draft night
  • Re-Sign Delon Wright
  • Release or trade Avery Bradley before camp

4 hours ago, Dwash said:

JV picks up his option or dont resign.

1 hour ago, toocoolkellz said:

Draft Ja to usher in a new era

Just gonna combine all these together. 

Yeah. He spaces the floor a bit, is decent on defense with decent length, and he can knock down the 3 ball although is really streaky.  He is low usage though which helps.

"Talent" wise he's not great but we might have to start him at the 2 anyway (or maybe the 3).

With Ja and then the bigs we need to load up on shooters who can also defend.

I don't think anything is going to happen on the Conley front until teams know what happens with Kyrie, Kemba and others in free agency.  There can be a lot of agreements in principle now, but if the Jazz don't play this right, they could lose out on Conley AND Rubio (who is a FA).  Ditto on Darren Collison and the Pacers.

If nothing else, we should hope both Collison and Rubio go elsewhere because it makes them more desperate or they are rolling Tyreke, a Holiday, or some Jerryd Bayless type (who would be an OK backup option on most teams, not starting).

I know it is all talk now, but if JV really wants MC here, without the two of them, this team is high lottery bound again.

On a (near) minimum contract, yes, because he's better than most minimum contract guys.

I don't know if the Grizzlies can him for that, but I'm also not sure what his value is.

I'm guessing he signs with someone else.

I keep flip flopping on what I want to do. Either trade Conley, and completely rebuild (so Avery is gone as well).

Or run it back, trade Parsons for Wiggins (or sign a SF like Hood or Oubre), keep Avery and JV,  and actually try to win. Don't focus too much on the Wiggins part, just try to make a move similar to that. 

Clean house trade everyone on a bad contract for space (conley included) Don't resign any one long term unless is a cheap contract (Delon).

Go into the season with Ja and Jarren let them take all the shots.

Wait for Parsons contract to run out and don't worry about the Boston Pick.

19 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

I keep flip flopping on what I want to do. Either trade Conley, and completely rebuild (so Avery is gone as well).

Or run it back, trade Parsons for Wiggins (or sign a SF like Hood or Oubre), keep Avery and JV,  and actually try to win. Don't focus too much on the Wiggins part, just try to make a move similar to that. 

It's impossible not to lol

1. Pick Ja

2. Trade Mike and Brooks to PHX for TJ Warren, Tyler Johnson, try for #6 pick; Swap in/ add Anderson as a sweetner

3. QO to Delon not more than $25mil/3years

4. JV opt in (hopefully), or sign $60mil/4 years (team option on last year)

4b. See if Noah will take $6-8mil/2year

5. Pick up Avery option

6. Sign Sam Cassell as HC

7. DO NOT trade Chancre; let his azzzzz expire

8. Move Miles, Washburn, Carter, Yuta by deadline

9. Offer Dorsey QO of min/2years (player option)

10. Let Holiday, Zeller walk

8 hours ago, chipc3 said:

3. Re-Sign Delon Wright

Dump Parsons contract. A lot of teams have cleared cap space, not everyone will get who they want.Some teams are going straight young and need some additional salary. We should be able to dump him to a team like that. I see about 9 or 10 teams with only $75mil or less committed to salary next season, that's not counting the ones in the $80 mils.  Some team will be willing to take him on for 1 year of salary filler. 

18 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Dump Parsons contract. A lot of teams have cleared cap space, not everyone will get who they want.Some teams are going straight young and need some additional salary. We should be able to dump him to a team like that. I see about 9 or 10 teams with only $75mil or less committed to salary next season, that's not counting the ones in the $80 mils.  Some team will be willing to take him on for 1 year of salary filler. 

Those teams will want assets attached to him in order to take his contract for the year; we should not compound the Chandler problem by throwing away assets. He's a sunk cost at this point.

Mike Wallace from Grind City Media on Chris Vernon show today believes

• Conley will be traded
  • Avery won't be back
  • Nobody on current roster is safe 
  • Jonas wife isnt' a fan of Memphis so its very possible he won't be back longterm.
  • Coaching search will be geared towards someone who has a proven track record of developing young players
  • At very least he thinks Grizz will be tryin to get another pick in this draft.  Via trade or purchase

2 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Mike Wallace from Grind City Media on Chris Vernon show today believes

• Conley will be traded
  • Avery won't be back
  • Nobody on current roster is safe 
  • Jonas wife isnt' a fan of Memphis so its very possible he won't be back longterm.
  • Coaching search will be geared towards someone who has a proven track record of developing young players
  • At very least he thinks Grizz will be tryin to get another pick in this draft.  Via trade or purchase

Hey GTF

Missed this. When you say nobody- does he mean nobody or everyone except JJJ?

1 minute ago, VikingWarrior said:

Hey GTF

Missed this. When you say nobody- does he mean nobody or everyone except JJJ?

Sorry i shoulda clarified.  Ja Jaren and everyone else need to keep a bag handy.    He thinks Bruno, Jevon and Delon could be back.  He thinks people overhyped Dillon and that DB isn't safe because he isn't this regimes pick.  Same with Kyle.    

Personally i wouldn't count on Jonas coming back either and if he does its prob on the option.   

8 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Sorry i shoulda clarified.  Ja Jaren and everyone else need to keep a bag handy.    He thinks Bruno, Jevon and Delon could be back.  He thinks people overhyped Dillon and that DB isn't safe because he isn't this regimes pick.  Same with Kyle.    

Personally i wouldn't count on Jonas coming back either and if he does its prob on the option.   

Thanks !