chipc3

Realistic expectations for Ja Morant in the upcoming season.

Just now, BigHunkALove said:

Gee how you gonna handle that especially when Jaren goes for the same?

I don't know. I will say this that the grizzlies need to keep everybody.

The good thing about Ja for this team is that the grizzlies spend the majority of last year assembling GnG 2.0, which means that Ja doesn't have to be a defensive juggernaut. And Jonas fits with Jaren, and Dillon is our version of Malcom Brogdon.

I hope the grizzlies keep Mike, and bring Ja off the bench. The grizzlies could certainly go to the playoffs with all the talent we have right now.

Remember how fun Starbury and KG were to watch?

Cocky, brash, fast - exciting ball !

THAT'S what I want to see from 13 and Ja 

4 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

The good thing about Ja for this team is that the grizzlies spend the majority of last year assembling GnG 2.0, which means that Ja doesn't have to be a defensive juggernaut. And Jonas fits with Jaren, and Dillon is our version of Malcom Brogdon.

I hope the grizzlies keep Mike, and bring Ja off the bench. The grizzlies could certainly go to the playoffs with all the talent we have right now.

If the Grizzlies decide to keep Mike, which to me is a distinct possibility, then Avery or Delon gotta go. Who would you keep?

1 minute ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

I want to see wins, but that's just me.

But he could be Stephon 2.0. It seems like a good comparison. I personally haven't given up on our other pieces: Jonas, Dillon, Kyle, Mike, Delon, Justin, Bruno, Rabb.

The grizzlies have a lot of talent besides Jaren and Ja.

Just now, BigHunkALove said:

If the Grizzlies decide to keep Mike, which to me is a distinct possibility, then Avery or Delon gotta go. Who would you keep?

You keep Delon. 

1 minute ago, Kevin B Moses said:

You keep Delon. 

With Carter, thats 4 PGs and only 2 SGs who arent that great IMO

2 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

With Carter, thats 4 PGs and only 2 SGs who arent that great IMO

Carter is gone, and I don't want any undersized sg. Besides I'm not trying to fit every piece exactly. i just want to keep the most talented players.

1 minute ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Carter is gone, and I don't want any undersized sg. Besides I'm not trying to fit every piece exactly. i just want to keep the most talented players.

If Delon can develop a jumper from mid-range out to the arc I'm good with that

I prefer Avery way over Brooks and Holiday but I get it, thats not how the contacts/books work

Hard to say. NBA is not college and he will *** to adjust.It depend as well on which team he will have with him?  But he look very talented and hopefully he can go for a 15-5-5.. 

3 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I guess we might as well try to make the playoffs since we have a pick to convey.  

We can make up for our small back court with our bigger front line. 

But if Conley wants out we should trade him.  If we can get a good pick out of the deal I would look at Hunter (but I think he is going high). BPA then might be Brandon Clarke.  We can bring him off the bench as a rookie and go with a Bruno/Clarke/Jaren front line later on down the road. 

Oh that's easy based on the gushing on the board.  I expect 79 ppg, 30 assists, 25 rebounds.  He's super-star!  MVP!!!

Just kidding.  I expect about 1/10th of that.

8 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

The cheaper one of the two

12 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Remember how many titles the TWolves won with them?

12 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

exactly how many the grizzlies will win with Ja and Jaren.

14 hours ago, Father Pat said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

What are YOU expecting Ja Morant to be able to produce as a rookie in the NBA?

(and yes, I noticed that you did not say as a Grizzly, couldn't even go out on a limb for that...) 😄

As for me, depending on the coach and the leash he has from the F.O., a little better than Conley's rookie year; 12 ppg 5.5 assists.

I expect he'll be more of a De'Aaron Fox type of rookie year for the Grizzlies assuming Mike Conley is gone. Shoots around 40% from the field, 30% from the arc, around 5 assists and 3 TOs a game and terrible on defense. 

Oh and it is considered rude in most company to answer your own question before allowing others a chance to respond. Since you asked I have answered. 

2 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

exactly how many the grizzlies will win with Ja and Jaren.

You say that like you believe the answer would be different if they take someone else instead of Ja. 

12 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

i tend to agree , maybe not playoffs but i think we will be much better if we play our cards right .

18 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Since when have we been rings or else?

When we get an exciting team on the floor,

say 11 , 12, and 13 out there running the break -> the Forum will be full .

Right now- we understand that the rebuild is real ... let’s see what these young guys can do.

2 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

i tend to agree , maybe not playoffs but i think we will be much better if we play our cards right .

I really think people are jumping the gun in shuffling players off of this team and trying to fit everything together right away.

We don't know who will have chemistry, nor what he have yet. I would be in favor of not making any changes next year and taking a year to evaluate what we have and that includes guys like parsons and carter.

the grizzlies have time. don't make rash decisions. But if I know the grizzlies they will do just what the board wants to do, which is re-arrange their entire team before they even play one game. 

Just now, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Since when have we been rings or else?

When we get an exciting team on the floor,

say 11 , 12, and 13 out there running the break -> the Forum will be full .

Right now- we understand that the rebuild is real ... let’s see what these young guys can do.

This is a great point you let slide in at the end. Is the Grizzlies Front Office totally on board for a rebuild or are they still looking over their shoulders at the pick they owe Boston and wanting to be competitive this season to convey before starting over the next season? 

4 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I really think people are jumping the gun in shuffling players off of this team and trying to fit everything together right away.

We don't know who will have chemistry, nor what he have yet. I would be in favor of not making any changes next year and taking a year to evaluate what we have and that includes guys like parsons and carter.

the grizzlies have time. don't make rash decisions. But if I know the grizzlies they will do just what the board wants to do, which is re-arrange their entire team before they even play one game. 

No I don't think so, I think the FO really wants to keep Mike for another season, at worst - at least until Feb trade deadline

Just now, Kevin B Moses said:

i think we gotta make some moves for salary reasons , we took on a bit to much long term salary at the deadline and moving up caused issues itself .