Sign in to follow this  
gentlemanquartely

Have y'all met Sam....

I've mentioned him as a possible coach for the grizzlies.

I think he has quietly paid his dues and made everybody around him better.

So I wouldn't mind him being our head coach.

i didn't know he had a huge hand in the development of Wall, Beal, and Austin rivers.  Chris Paul speaks very highly of him.  It doesn't hurt that he's been under Doc for the past 5-7 years.

• Memphis now has the opportunity to coach the #2 overall selection in addition to noted unicorn Jaren Jackson Jr. as a sweetener in any negotiation with a potential coach. While Sam Cassell, pictured above, has not been mentioned in any Grizzlies coaching rumors yet, he’d be a terrific mentor to Ja Morant. Perhaps Cassell was out of the Grizzlies league a week ago, but the talent potential just jumped up a good but in Memphis. If the Grizzlies are willing to - for the first time in a long time - invest in the coaching position, even better candidates than those already interviewed should be in the mix now.

sounds good but for the love of god can we keep a HC for awhile 

31 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

sounds good but for the love of god can we keep a HC for awhile 

Being the Head Coach in Memphis has a slightly longer life expectancy than teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts at Hogwarts...

Image result for defense against the dark arts gif

2 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Being the Head Coach in Memphis has a slightly longer life expectancy than teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts at Hogwarts...

Image result for defense against the dark arts gif

LOL! Someone's on a GIF spree 😉

On 5/16/2019 at 9:21 AM, gentlemanquartely said:

His name keeps quietly surfacing as a real prospect to be our next HC especially since we're picking #2.

I hope not 

9 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Why?

because the grizzlies need a vet coach ,just like the BUCKS  look at other post about the bucks [follow bucks blue print] 

35 minutes ago, lions said:

because the grizzlies need a vet coach ,just like the BUCKS  look at other post about the bucks [follow bucks blue print] 

You can't follow the Bucks' blueprint without having the Bucks' players and the Bucks' coach.  We have to make our own blueprint and our own identity.

I'm not saying we need Sam.  I really don't know.  I just hope we can get a guy with a plan, who can teach/develop, commands players' respect, and motivates.  An effective system would be nice too.  How do you get all that?  IDK, but I don't think it necessarily has to be a vet.