Sign in to follow this  
PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan

Im with KBM Reddish will be a star and we need him badly...

Trae Young almost became the first player to avg 20 points and 10 assists. He didn’t. Superstar. 

Guess who was.... Ja Morant. That’s right. But you keep wanting to draft RJ or Reddish. 

18 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

Trae Young almost became the first player to avg 20 points and 10 assists. He didn’t. Superstar. 

Guess who was.... Ja Morant. That’s right. But you keep wanting to draft RJ or Reddish. 

idk who your speak to...but i do want reddish/bolbol but not at the 2pick...trading conley for them is a diff story tho

We aren't even close to the luxury tax at this point. We aren't even at the salary cap yet. Ja's contract will put us right at the salary cap line, Delon will get 5-6 million a year, which will put us at ~115 million. Luxury tax is 132 million. 

Just say no to Reddish. I want players who have heart on this team. No more Jeff Green's. 

6 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

We aren't even close to the luxury tax at this point. We aren't even at the salary cap yet. Ja's contract will put us right at the salary cap line, Delon will get 5-6 million a year, which will put us at ~115 million. Luxury tax is 132 million. 

The problem is we don't know what delon or JV will get.lots of teams have $ and will miss out on top players.

4 hours ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

The problem is we don't know what delon or JV will get.lots of teams have $ and will miss out on top players.

Well JV ain't getting more than 17 million which is his player option. If he opts out and resigns it's going to be for less money per year but more years. Delon is questionable for sure. But he's not getting more than 7 million, which is what guys like Jae Crowder, Kyle Korver, Davis Bertans, Rajon Rondo all approximately make. All good role players essentially. If it's more than that, you just let him walk. JV's 17 million is already factored into that number I said. 

18 hours ago, Allen said:

It’s probably well over 10000 if you include my other accounts. 

Yeah when the board updated I lost my original account so I probably have at least double what my number says.

1 hour ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Yeah when the board updated I lost my original account so I probably have at least double what my number says.

I thought yours was a threads started count.

1 minute ago, smit-tay griz said:

I thought yours was a threads started count.

No, lol.

But I remember allen used to be .Allen or something like that. I've been on this board for a good 15 years. 

Just now, Kevin B Moses said:

No, lol.

But I remember allen used to be .Allen or something like that. I've been on this board for a good 15 years. 

.Allen, then ..Allen.

ESPN Scouting Report: Cam Reddish

The son of former VCU player Bobby Reddish, Cam was identified as an elite prospect very early, earning his first invitation to a USA Basketball camp at age 14. He was invited to seven USA Basketball camps over his high school career.

He was widely considered a top-three prospect in his high school class after growing to 6-foot-9 while still playing quite a bit of point guard. -- Givony

Strengths

• Elite physical profile. Looks like an NBA All-Star on first glance. Has the dimensions of a power forward but has played all of the perimeter positions throughout his career, giving him unique lineup versatility in the modern game. Smooth, fluid athlete with a frame that will continue to fill out impressively in time.

• Dynamic shooter who makes jumpers pulling up off the dribble, with his feet set and running off screens. Strong mechanics, footwork and rotation. Ranked fourth among projected draft picks in terms of quantity of 3-pointers made per minute.

• Tantalizing prospect in terms of pure talent and long-term upside. Shows incredible flashes as a ball handler, passer and defender.

Improvement areas

• Teases his actual productivity. Wasn't an impactful or efficient player at the college level. Ranked last among projected draft picks in PER (13.8). Shot just 39 percent from 2-point range, a historically poor rate. Disappeared in many key games for Duke. Mysteriously sat out an NCAA tournament game.

• Lacks a degree of explosiveness athletically in terms of his ability to get by defenders and finish with verticality around the rim. Not a physical player on either end of the floor. Effort level, focus and confidence fluctuate.

• Stroke looks good mechanically, but has been extremely inconsistent throughout his career. Hit only 33 percent of his 3s at Duke. Career 32 percent 3-point shooter in 510 attempts overall, according to our scouting database.

Projected role: Largely a mystery

43 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

ESPN Scouting Report: Cam Reddish

The son of former VCU player Bobby Reddish, Cam was identified as an elite prospect very early, earning his first invitation to a USA Basketball camp at age 14. He was invited to seven USA Basketball camps over his high school career.

He was widely considered a top-three prospect in his high school class after growing to 6-foot-9 while still playing quite a bit of point guard. -- Givony

Strengths

• Elite physical profile. Looks like an NBA All-Star on first glance. Has the dimensions of a power forward but has played all of the perimeter positions throughout his career, giving him unique lineup versatility in the modern game. Smooth, fluid athlete with a frame that will continue to fill out impressively in time.

• Dynamic shooter who makes jumpers pulling up off the dribble, with his feet set and running off screens. Strong mechanics, footwork and rotation. Ranked fourth among projected draft picks in terms of quantity of 3-pointers made per minute.

• Tantalizing prospect in terms of pure talent and long-term upside. Shows incredible flashes as a ball handler, passer and defender.

Improvement areas

• Teases his actual productivity. Wasn't an impactful or efficient player at the college level. Ranked last among projected draft picks in PER (13.8). Shot just 39 percent from 2-point range, a historically poor rate. Disappeared in many key games for Duke. Mysteriously sat out an NCAA tournament game.

• Lacks a degree of explosiveness athletically in terms of his ability to get by defenders and finish with verticality around the rim. Not a physical player on either end of the floor. Effort level, focus and confidence fluctuate.

• Stroke looks good mechanically, but has been extremely inconsistent throughout his career. Hit only 33 percent of his 3s at Duke. Career 32 percent 3-point shooter in 510 attempts overall, according to our scouting database.

Projected role: Largely a mystery

Yeesh. 

On 5/17/2019 at 2:42 PM, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

ja better version conley

slowmo better version ta

bruno better version of prince we had

3js better version z-bo

JV better version gasol

Image result for dumb meme

I love Ja's moves and assists, not wild about his shooting, really like his attitude in a limited number of interviews. Seems more like "team leader by March? Gosh, OK, that's a real responsibility" instead of "**** straight, I'm the man."

And I see talk of Conley at SG beside Ja, if MC stays at first

But spotrac.com says Delon Wright is in for $3.6 million with a cap hit of $7.6 mil. 
We could get a decent backup PG in an MC trade, but Delon already is that, at a fair price. 

So ... if Conley stays he becomes the starting SG? That's one short backcourt.  

Good luck, FO. 

27 minutes ago, TimBC said:

I love Ja's moves and assists, not wild about his shooting, really like his attitude in a limited number of interviews. Seems more like "team leader by March? Gosh, OK, that's a real responsibility" instead of "**** straight, I'm the man."

And I see talk of Conley at SG beside Ja, if MC stays at first

But spotrac.com says Delon Wright is in for $3.6 million with a cap hit of $7.6 mil. 
We could get a decent backup PG in an MC trade, but Delon already is that, at a fair price. 

So ... if Conley stays he becomes the starting SG? That's one short backcourt.  

Good luck, FO. 

Trade Conley if no SG returns via draft or that trade put Delon there.    That is a 6'3 Ja and 6'5' Delon is avg size backcourt.   Just look at the advanced numbers from Delon stints when paired with dynamic short PG.  

Lowry/Wright - Offrtg 110.5  Defrtg 93.8   Netrtg +16.6

Conley/Wright - Offrtg 111.1  Defrtg 97.3  Netrtg +13.8

Carter/Wright - Offrtg 105.4   Defrtg 94.6   Netrtg +10.8

Even pairing him with freaking Jevon Carter is a + !!!

I really hope they are able to keep him for a good deal. 

38 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Trade Conley if no SG returns via draft or that trade put Delon there.    That is a 6'3 Ja and 6'5' Delon is avg size backcourt.   Just look at the advanced numbers from Delon stints when paired with dynamic short PG.  

Lowry/Wright - Offrtg 110.5  Defrtg 93.8   Netrtg +16.6

Conley/Wright - Offrtg 111.1  Defrtg 97.3  Netrtg +13.8

Carter/Wright - Offrtg 105.4   Defrtg 94.6   Netrtg +10.8

Even pairing him with freaking Jevon Carter is a + !!!

I really hope they are able to keep him for a good deal. 

Good stuff. I was already a Wright fan. This makes me want to keep him even more.

On 5/18/2019 at 9:48 PM, Allen said:

This should show us what teams are looking for with these high draft picks. Conley is obviously better than Lonzo...and this article could be purely speculation.

But when making Conley trades you have to factor in his age, contract, injury history, and fit with the other teams core players.

Delon/Ja makes sense.  As a rookie I wouldn't mind playing Ja off the ball a bit.  I want the rook in attack mode looking to score as soon as he gets the ball until we really figure out what kind of offense we want to run.  

On 5/17/2019 at 2:42 PM, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

ja better version conley

slowmo better version ta

bruno better version of prince we had

3js better version z-bo

JV better version gasol

This is the epitome of jumping the shark. Good grief. 

13 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

This is the epitome of jumping the shark. Good grief. 

There’s some irony in this post somewhere.

30 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I was just about to say something about how smooth he looked in this little session. It would be crazy if he turns out to be the best wing in the lottery