Sign in to follow this  
PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan

Im with KBM Reddish will be a star and we need him badly...

7 hours ago, lsugrizzfan said:

The fact he is an expiring won’t matter unless we shave money elsewhere. I don’t remember where I read it, but I saw the increase in rookie salary by landing the 2 will push us into luxury tax territory. If that’s true, the easy way out of it is to cut Bradley and save $10 million. 

I didn't think the luxury tax was set yet for the upcoming season.

7 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Excellent point.  We were initially basing everything off of the 8th pick.   2nd pick is like  paying another MLE.   Avery''s contract is more valuable as a trade asset or they just waive him.   CJ has already picked his option.   Parsons still on payroll and they want to make an offer to Delon.    Plus we still don't know what the plan is with Jonas.  Those are the only two guys you ever hear the Grizz discussing.  They also may want to keep some capspace open to facilitate a Conley deal.    

I like Avery Bradley but he is extremely undersized and not a difference maker.    Use that same capspace for someone who fits better with Ja and Jaren.     

That's the first time I ever heard a SG scoring 16ppg with 38% 3-pt shooting and 4ast who was probably our best perimeter defender called a non-difference maker.  If Conley gets traded and we can clear enough room to keep Bradley I'm all for it.  You don't know how he fits yet.

1 hour ago, smit-tay griz said:

That's the first time I ever heard a SG scoring 16ppg with 38% 3-pt shooting and 4ast who was probably our best perimeter defender called a non-difference maker.  If Conley gets traded and we can clear enough room to keep Bradley I'm all for it.  You don't know how he fits yet.

The analytics have always said he has a negative impact. Everywhere.

21 hours ago, ACGrizz said:

De'Andre Hunter is also 21 (12/2/97) vs. Ja who is 19 (8/10/99). Ja also seems to be a late bloomer (couldn't dunk until later in high school, wasn't highly recruited, made a big leap from 1st to 2nd year), so something to keep in mind when comparing them.

I don't think anyone is really comparing them as far as drafting one or the other,  it's more so how can we get Hunter after we draft Ja

2 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Exactly,  we need some veteran presence,  and Bradley played very well.  My only issue is his injury issues

3 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

I didn't think the luxury tax was set yet for the upcoming season.

The estimates are usually not far off

4 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Yea i do.  I already watched him play alongside a small framed PG last season.  I also saw him play alongside Delon and i actually preferred him with Delon.   I like Avery just don't think he moves the needle enough if we are having issues with capspace or he can get us an asset that fits better.     

Bradley is a role player and when it comes to those always evaluate their FIT the highest.   I really like SloMo too but if he isn't a good FIT with Jaren and Ja going forward then i want to move him too.    We shouldn't be trying to craft a lineup to best maximize the skills of Avery or SloMo going forward we SHOULD be figuring out a lineup that best fits with Ja and Jaren.   

20 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Yea i do.  I already watched him play alongside a small framed PG last season.  I also saw him play alongside Delon and i actually preferred him with Delon.   I like Avery just don't think he moves the needle enough if we are having issues with capspace or he can get us an asset that fits better.     

Bradley is a role player and when it comes to those always evaluate their FIT the highest.   I really like SloMo too but if he isn't a good FIT with Jaren and Ja going forward then i want to move him too.    We shouldn't be trying to craft a lineup to best maximize the skills of Avery or SloMo going forward we SHOULD be figuring out a lineup that best fits with Ja and Jaren.   

Agreed

40 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

We shouldn't be trying to craft a lineup to best maximize the skills of Avery or SloMo going forward we SHOULD be figuring out a lineup that best fits with Ja and Jaren.   

Well, Ja is a guy you have to give the keys to, so build a team around HIM.  Jaren will figure it out, and we will find out if he is a future 20/10 guy or more of a Shane Battier type with more low post skills, shot blocking, and dunking.

Bruno looks like a great fit with Ja.  I would do a ton of Ja/Bruno pick and rolls.

Justin Holiday is pretty generic for a wing but he can solidly space the floor, defend, and hit the 3 (although streaky).  

I would take a flyer on Julian Washburn.  Good defense and can rebound.  If we run more then maybe he will be more of an asset on offense.

Maybe Ja can get Parsons going.  Who knows.

Rabb isn't great but he can face up from about 15 feet and he is a really good rebounder.  I bet Ja can get him going.

Ja is probably a guy who can get role players going, but maybe take a few shots/touches away from 2nd and 3rd option types.

Ja needs to get out and run with a big man like Mitchell Robinson.

Jaren Jackson, Jr. might need a guy like RJ Barrett -- bigger, can post smaller players and rebound, and also likes to get out on the break but could be better in the half court.

1 minute ago, ALT GRIND said:

Well, Ja is a guy you have to give the keys to, so build a team around HIM.  Jaren will figure it out, and we will find out if he is a future 20/10 guy or more of a Shane Battier type with more low post skills, shot blocking, and dunking.

Bruno looks like a great fit with Ja.  I would do a ton of Ja/Bruno pick and rolls.

Justin Holiday is pretty generic for a wing but he can solidly space the floor, defend, and hit the 3 (although streaky).  

I would take a flyer on Julian Washburn.  Good defense and can rebound.  If we run more then maybe he will be more of an asset on offense.

Maybe Ja can get Parsons going.  Who knows.

Rabb isn't great but he can face up from about 15 feet and he is a really good rebounder.  I bet Ja can get him going.

Ja is probably a guy who can get role players going, but maybe take a few shots/touches away from 2nd and 3rd option types.

Ja needs to get out and run with a big man like Mitchell Robinson.

Jaren Jackson, Jr. might need a guy like RJ Barrett -- bigger, can post smaller players and rebound, and also likes to get out on the break but could be better in the half court.

Just cleaning up some of this post for you.  :)   I do like some of your points. 

8 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Just cleaning up some of this post for you.  :)   I do like some of your points. 

What I will try to do is figure out a Ja-centric ALT GRIND starting five as well as an ALT GRIND bench mob.

All I know... Jonas/Bruno worked well together last season.  With Ja at point guard, we will need length/shooting on the wing.  If we don't start a secondary creator then we can bring one off the bench.  

We might not really know though until everybody hits the floor.

Good thing: if Jaren plays in summer league then we can get a decent idea how Ja/Jaren is gonna work out long-term and then who we should bring in as a supporting cast.

Ok, so we know that Zion is Carlton, does that mean RJ is Fresh Prince or is that Cam Reddish?

What if CAM was supposed to be Fresh Prince but was miscast?

Maybe RJ was actually DJ Jazzy Jeff.  

These are the questions I ask myself (and then I ask you guys).

#ItsNotUnusual

4 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I gotta disagree with you, you should be thinking team instead of 2 players. They can't do it all. If that were true, West, Baylor and Chamberlain would have won multiple championships. That's 3 HOFs, all you got is a rookie and a 2nd year player.

There’s no way of acquiring another 10 ten pick

4 hours ago, Allen said:

There’s no way of acquiring another 10 ten pick

This is one of the easier years to do so, teams agree that this draft class is top heavy and many of the lottery teams need a guy like MC or need to dump some salary like the Heat or Wolves.

If we somehow got Reddish with a lower pick In addition to Ja, that would be a win win. We're playing with house money if we get a second lottery pick. He may have the most raw talent of any lottery pick but it was hard to see at Duke last year with him being the 3rd option behind 2 dudes scoring over 20ppg. That's a high ppg  avg for college for 1 player let alone two players on the same team scoring 20 ppg. No room for anyone else to showcase their skills. 

He has many questions but if he is featured as a top 2, who knows. He may thrive.

50 minutes ago, Once_a_hater said:

This is one of the easier years to do so, teams agree that this draft class is top heavy and many of the lottery teams need a guy like MC or need to dump some salary like the Heat or Wolves.

No lottery team is giving up a top 10 pick for 31 year old Conley. Where not going to go from not being able to get Luke Kennard for Conley to getting a top 10 pick for him 

On 5/15/2019 at 5:24 PM, ALT GRIND said:

This has me hyped!

must sign JV

4 hours ago, Allen said:

No lottery team is giving up a top 10 pick for Conley 

good job over 6000 post

2100 posts now

17 minutes ago, lions said:

good job over 6000 post

It’s probably well over 10000 if you include my other accounts.