Sign in to follow this  
PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan

Im with KBM Reddish will be a star and we need him badly...

1 hour ago, Rdk4121 said:

De'andre hunter is better on both sides of the ball. 

1000% agree he has some Kawi in him.  Reddish is garbage, he should have dominated from the three point line with Reddish and Zion constantly causing the defense to collapse with their driving ability, but instead he was a contributing factor in Duke being near the bottom in 3 point shooting for the entire country.  

Reddish won't contribute to the three point %. He'll pass up shots Ala C. Lee. 

The guy has no fight in him. 

Anyone who think Reddish will be good in the NBA obviously didn't pay much attention to him in college. He is trash.

Reddish is pretty trash... at least from the 10 or so Duke games that I watched this year. 

Wasn't he supposed to be a 'shooter'? Kid had like 28% from 3 or something terrible like that. 

NEXT!

Upon further inspection.    Nah give me DeAndre Hunter.   He projects as a 4 player defender at the NBA level.   With Jareon in the frontcourt i want another elite defender on the perimeter.   Hunter projects as that AND can actually shoot and has some shot-creation ability.  

Trade Mike to whatever team can get us a pick to get him.  

11 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Upon further inspection.    Nah give me DeAndre Hunter.   He projects as a 4 player defender at the NBA level.   With Jareon in the frontcourt i want another elite defender on the perimeter.   Hunter projects as that AND can actually shoot and has some shot-creation ability.  

That would be the Lakers then. Hunter is who I think will go 4th in the draft. 

31 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

That would be the Lakers then. Hunter is who I think will go 4th in the draft. 

I really don't see anyone going to the Lakers in Free Agency.  Celtics, Clippers, and Knicks have better trade assets to get AD too.  Conley is a real possibility to go.     Mike Wallace also mentioned Knicks as a possibility if they strike out on Kyrie and Kemba.    He says Mike and Fizz still have a good relationship.   I don't see Knicks giving us the #3 in that scenario.  

50 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

De'Andre Hunter is also 21 (12/2/97) vs. Ja who is 19 (8/10/99). Ja also seems to be a late bloomer (couldn't dunk until later in high school, wasn't highly recruited, made a big leap from 1st to 2nd year), so something to keep in mind when comparing them.

18 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

I prefer Hunter 

Ja

Bradley(by defalt) 

Hunter

JJJ

JV

I got excited at first and thought that was Bradley Beal! LOL       Avery Bradley will be gone.   I dont see Grizz FO keeping anyone that don't have a future with the team. 

I see Delon as starting alongside Ja in order to be a safety net for him.  Unless we return another capable SG in Conley trade. 

The Duke team is so overrated in this forum ...People think the ACC is a top quality basketball league the true is that its just an above average league nothing more.

Who was the 4th option at Duke is he going to be an all star too????If they had such a great team how come they didn't win it all?????

8 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I got excited at first and thought that was Bradley Beal! LOL       Avery Bradley will be gone.   I dont see Grizz FO keeping anyone that don't have a future with the team. 

I see Delon as starting alongside Ja in order to be a safety net for him.  Unless we return another capable SG in Conley trade. 

But delon is better suited running that second unit,  hes a hell of a back up pg.  

2 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

But delon is better suited running that second unit,  hes a hell of a back up pg.  

Let me clarify.  This upcoming season i see Delon there just to ease transition of Ja into the NBA.   Ja would be the PG and Delon playing SG (he can play on and off the ball). 

I agree with you long term Delon would be better as 6/7th man backup PG now that we have Ja.   

If you want to trade with the Lakers, you'll have to wait until long after the draft and after free agency. They are not using their cap space on Conley unless they strike out everywhere else first.

Just now, lsugrizzfan said:

If you want to trade with the Lakers, you'll have to wait until long after the draft and after free agency. They are not using their cap space on Conley unless they strike out everywhere else first.

Yeah totally agree. Not smart to let other options pass in order to wait on them.

27 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Let me clarify.  This upcoming season i see Delon there just to ease transition of Ja into the NBA.   Ja would be the PG and Delon playing SG (he can play on and off the ball). 

I agree with you long term Delon would be better as 6/7th man backup PG now that we have Ja.   

True

2 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Yes to Hunter.  If the game is "positionless" then our 2-4 can be Hunter/Bruno/Jaren or downshift those guys 3/4/5.  

If Reddish isn't the guy then Wilkes/KPJ are worth a look.  

18 minutes ago, MemphisJayhawk said:

i am firmly in ja Morant camp.  To put up those kind of assist numbers on that type of team is special.  Mike has been great but both sides need to move on.

Ja/Bruno pick and rolls should be fun.  Jaren would have wide open jumpers.  

10 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Not sure how you're coming to that conclusion.  He played well for us and is a former NBA All Defensive Team member.  The only thing standing in the way of keeping him is salary, but he is an expiring, and we don't know what's shakin' loose this summer.

18 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Not sure how you're coming to that conclusion.  He played well for us and is a former NBA All Defensive Team member.  The only thing standing in the way of keeping him is salary, but he is an expiring, and we don't know what's shakin' loose this summer.

The fact he is an expiring won’t matter unless we shave money elsewhere. I don’t remember where I read it, but I saw the increase in rookie salary by landing the 2 will push us into luxury tax territory. If that’s true, the easy way out of it is to cut Bradley and save $10 million. 

17 minutes ago, lsugrizzfan said:

The fact he is an expiring won’t matter unless we shave money elsewhere. I don’t remember where I read it, but I saw the increase in rookie salary by landing the 2 will push us into luxury tax territory. If that’s true, the easy way out of it is to cut Bradley and save $10 million. 

Excellent point.  We were initially basing everything off of the 8th pick.   2nd pick is like  paying another MLE.   Avery''s contract is more valuable as a trade asset or they just waive him.   CJ has already picked his option.   Parsons still on payroll and they want to make an offer to Delon.    Plus we still don't know what the plan is with Jonas.  Those are the only two guys you ever hear the Grizz discussing.  They also may want to keep some capspace open to facilitate a Conley deal.    

I like Avery Bradley but he is extremely undersized and not a difference maker.    Use that same capspace for someone who fits better with Ja and Jaren.